Author Topic: Exhaust System  (Read 5598 times)

Offline lsrjunkie

Re: Exhaust System
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2013, 07:25:43 PM »
Show's how narrow minded we can get when yer focused on one specific class and the rules for that class!
Maybe there is no Heaven. Or maybe this is all pure gibberish. The product of a demented hill billy who has found a way to live out where the winds blow. To sleep late, have fun, drink whiskey, and drive fast on empty streets with nothing in mind except falling in love or getting arrested.    H.S. Thompson

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2013, 07:28:59 PM »
. . . and Street Roadster.  Don't know about the rest.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline kiwi belly tank

« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2013, 10:11:41 PM »
I wasn't talking about your A series BMC engine Chris. My experience comes from running old "American" iron.
  Sid.

Offline will6er

« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2013, 10:31:48 PM »
Joe-

Competition Coupe and Altered have no exhaust restrictions, except - they may not go through the roof in Altered

Will

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
    • Milwaukee Midget Racing
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2013, 11:29:55 PM »
I wasn't talking about your A series BMC engine Chris. My experience comes from running old "American" iron.
  Sid.

Sid - my bad - I thought the pushrods on the Jimmy were on the side with the ports.  :oops:

Learning while pontificating, I am . . .

Yeah - I'd agree.  If there's room to grind it out and get similar or better flow, and the class rules allow it, I'd say fence it and go for it.

But I will still recommend Vizard's book on the A-series for anyone forced to deal with shared ports, regardless of which side of the pond the engine was built.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 11:34:31 PM by Milwaukee Midget »
"Problems are almost always a sign of progress."  Harold Bettes
Well, I guess we're making a LOT of progress . . .  :roll: