Author Topic: Springfield Flyer.  (Read 1452735 times)

Offline robfrey

• carbinitelsr
Re: Springfield Flyer.
« Reply #3450 on: May 13, 2019, 07:58:08 PM »
I’d be honored to help any which way I can including simulations, modeling or drawings.

Rob Freyvogel
AA/BFS
496 BGS
carbinitelsr.com
carbiniteracing.com
carbinite.com

Offline tauruck

« Reply #3451 on: May 13, 2019, 11:40:22 PM »
Thanks so much Rob. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Offline WOODY@DDLLC

• ECTA made it to AR-Kansas!
    • Design Dreams, LLC
« Reply #3452 on: May 14, 2019, 09:03:06 AM »
Mike, in paper days of old we only drew the blanks and the gear gashers told us what gear notes to put on the drawings. They do all the heavy mathematical lifting for us!
While the gears can certainly be modeled for visual or simulation purposes I would not even attempt a gear simulation!
Well, I would attempt it but would not have much faith in my answers without consulting the gear folks. :-P
Gear design is all mathematically transcendental anyway!  :-o :x :cheers:
All models are wrong, but some are useful! G.E. Box (1967) www.designdreams.biz

Offline tauruck

« Reply #3453 on: September 02, 2019, 06:27:54 PM »
I bet you thought I took a powder because I've been scarce. I admit I haven't been posting but I'm doing small things that excite me to get my mojo back.
I was told if it becomes a chore back off. It was. If I walked into the shop I got physically ill. Not sure if the enormity of the task that dawned on me or the personal problems I was having were to blame.
Either way I'm easing my way back in. To be honest I need that elusive rubber, some tranny stuff and to finish the body including canopy. Our currency is in the tank and things don't look good but I partnered up with two geniuses on a business venture and I've burned my bridges. They guys are solid in every way and friends I trust. The project is high tech and we each have a roll to play. This new deal will generate funds to buy tires. Not too worried about rear end ratios at present. Working on the Throttle body components and the plenum chamber for now. Going to dummy it up in a day or two and I'll post photos.

I lost time but you all warned me these are long term projects so I go with the advice from the wise. Life is crazy and new surprises show up regularly so I'm not 100% but getting the old feeling back. God Bless and to all going to WOS be safe and go fast. Love you guys. Yoy kept me in the game without trying. For this I thank you.

Offline Podunk

« Reply #3454 on: September 02, 2019, 07:30:22 PM »
Mike,
Good to see you back. Making cool stuff for LSRers is what does it for me.
Terry

Offline tauruck

« Reply #3455 on: September 03, 2019, 04:19:29 AM »
Thanks Terry. Busy on setting up those runners. I swear it's a miracle how well they line up with the ports. Whenever I have doubts about this dream becoming reality things like this happen. It's scary. How you pulled it off is still a mystery and we'll show the world your skill. These parts are perfect!!!!. God Bless you.

Offline wobblywalrus

« Reply #3456 on: September 06, 2019, 12:37:27 AM »
It is nice to have you back on the forum.  I was worried about you.  Sometimes cleaning up the shop helps to boost morale.

Offline tauruck

« Reply #3457 on: September 06, 2019, 04:16:24 AM »
Thanks Bo. Good advice there brother. My shop is a mess and sure needs a good clean. :-D :-D :-D

Offline floydjer

• "There is no duck side of the moon..."
« Reply #3458 on: September 06, 2019, 10:15:46 AM »
Get to work ya slacker....Good to see you back Mike :clap
I`d never advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone...But they work for me.

Offline tauruck

« Reply #3459 on: September 10, 2019, 05:03:36 AM »
That's what I've always liked about all you guys here. The honesty. Jerry, you're right and I have been slack. I let small stuff get in the way of long stuff. Point taken.

Thanks brother. God Bless you.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3460 on: September 10, 2019, 06:41:33 AM »
Mike, so good to see you posting again!!
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline tauruck

« Reply #3461 on: September 17, 2019, 10:58:09 AM »
Thanks Sparky. Back working on the girl. She's being really sweet and cooperative. Pics of parts in a few days.
BTW, without knowing it I've been watering my Lemon tree Ala Burt Munro. He knew stuff. Thanks Burt!!! RIP.

I hope some greatness washes off on my baby.

Offline ggl205

• G/FL 218.282 since 1995. G/FL record since 1993.
« Reply #3462 on: September 17, 2019, 11:06:03 AM »
Ooh, I am tasting some lemon meringue pie.

John

Offline tauruck

« Reply #3463 on: October 02, 2019, 06:20:24 PM »
After Glenn passed I had time for reflection. He was in touch daily before his stroke motivating me and inspiring me. I haven't been concentrating on my dream for a long time and it's all me. No excuses. I got to work and although I'm not 100% things are coming together.

I mocked up the throttle body and everything fits. I made a mistake by getting Honingcraft to machine the body to within 5mm of final so that Geraldo could get it to where I wanted. Honingcraft's work was so good the part looked like it had been plated. Geraldo not so much. Fine ridges everywhere so I had to polish but it gave me lots of time to think. You get in the zone!!!!.

All I need now is a return spring which I'll get from Star Spring Works and make a new attachment point. The Carbon Piece I fabbed isn't up to scratch.
Everything works. The actuator I made by hand instead of getting Ian to do one on the CNC Mill. All good and I'm happy with the result. It looks different but it's mine and I like it. No V band clamps here, not this size!!!!.

I'm happy the guy who manufactures throttle bodies was nasty when I asked him for sponsorship. It's his right to say no to supplying me a $400 unit and rejection is my motivation. The blade is Carbon and I didn't feel the full shaft was necessary. More airflow and it's an old trick from the Weber IDA days.

It all works and I'll have it ready for storage by the weekend.

Offline tauruck

« Reply #3464 on: October 02, 2019, 06:20:58 PM »
Last pic.