Author Topic: Springfield Flyer.  (Read 1457229 times)

Offline tauruck

Re: Springfield Flyer.
« Reply #3165 on: May 29, 2018, 06:49:05 PM »
Back on track. All kinds of crazy stuff going on here. My engineer and best machinist Geraldo beat colon cancer. Kyle who does all the motor machining (Serdi head work) is moving to the UK???.
I beat a bunch of illnesses. My Jack Russells got into a fight and my best friend Ruby was killed. Devastating but I got a new pup after saying I'd never own another dog. We called her Charlotte.
I'm grafting at the racing stables building the Barley fodder system. I'm not into horses like the rest of the family. Gotta earn the $$$$.
I've been to hell and back since early November but the wheel looks like it turned. Prayer, the breakfast of champions!!!!
Freud's problems broke my heart and I was fighting for my life at the same time he got ill.
Working on the long car in small increments. Never give up. There's a book in this saga!!!.
Photos when I get a new phone. The last one took flying lessons. Anger management :-D

Offline manta22

• What, me worry?
« Reply #3166 on: May 29, 2018, 09:05:49 PM »
I'm glad to hear that most of the rough stuff is behind you, Mike. I'm looking forward to seeing a picture of Charlotte!

Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #3167 on: May 29, 2018, 10:00:23 PM »
Stay well my friend. We have to many on the sick list. Freud has some improvements and was moved to another facility. Keep the prayers coming.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline tauruck

« Reply #3168 on: May 29, 2018, 10:31:48 PM »
Thanks guys. God Bless.

Offline wobblywalrus

« Reply #3169 on: June 04, 2018, 05:01:43 PM »
Take care of yourself, Mike.  Get lots of rest and eat well.

Offline tauruck

« Reply #3170 on: June 05, 2018, 12:03:50 AM »
Rough here again but thanks for the well wishes. God Bless allof you.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3171 on: June 05, 2018, 12:56:26 AM »
I am sure that a LOT of us Think of you often---

I know we do not need to coach, about taking care of yourself but --- you should know we do pray for your turn around a look forward to you firing that long skinny thing off!!!!!!!!!!!
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline tauruck

« Reply #3172 on: July 14, 2018, 07:49:08 PM »
Thank you so much Sparky. I appreciate the friendship, mentoring and advice but the prayers are the most imprtant.
It's been a rough ride since early November and I don't want to burden all my great friends around the world with my Subaru.

I will say that I asked someone close to me if I'm actually dead and don't know it because the nightmare I'm living through can only
be hell. Roller coaster is the "UNDERSTATEMENT"of the century. Relationship is wrecked (not my doing), ill health as a result and the
hospital visits number 19 now. I'm on a first name basis with the medical staff from the ambulance guys right through to the neurosurgeons.
I don't have medical insurance So I use public health facilities!!!. 99% of South Africans will say the system sucks but they're wrong. My
issues are all but wiped out. A lady I met through a mutual friend 2 years ago really likes me a lot and has been taking me to a private
hospital for the past two months at her cost and it ain't cheap. Gabriella is special God Bless her. I can call at 2AM and she's here in 15 minutes!!!.

Getting back to the liner. My creativity all comes from being relaxed, happy and generally being in a good place. It's not happening. I live alone
and care for 2 Jack Russells and a rooster. My best dog and friend Ruby was killed by the others in a fight over dominance. Broke my heart and
I don't think i'll ever be the same. I don't go outside the property and I might as well be doing 25 to life. My missus is staying here off and on so
things are not the best. To top it all she's got cataracts and doesn't have insurance. She's out of her mind with fear. She went to Johannesburg General Hospital
for a consultation and the end result is that they could remove the cataracts in late October. She'd be blind by then and is a medical rep so she spends a large part of her
day behind the wheel. I couldn't watch her suffering I promised to find the 33,000
grand to pay for the surgery. She was sceptical but I prayed for help put my Harley Bobber project up for sale at a fifth of what it's worth and waited.
My Carbon supplier is a good guy and called to check on me. He asked how I was doing and I opened up to him so he asked for first option on the bike.
He came around to see the project and said he couldn't buy the bike because he could see how much I invested in it so he proposed a deal where he'd give
me the funds for her surgery and when I finished assembling the bike he'd like to ride it on occasion and when I sold it he suggested we share the profit.

He went to his MPV and came back with R33,000 in cash. You talk about prayers being answered?????. The sceptical "one" I took to the best eye surgeon
and paid up front. She goes in on the 2nd of August for surgery. Weird thing is that the big dangerous stuff I handle with ease but the emotional stuff gets to me.
If ten guys were at my gate to beat me up I handle it like a walk in the park. I was a born warrior and only fear God, lightning and Boerbull dogs.

I believe in the Good Lord and I might be a lousy Catholic but I have guardian Angels protecting me. I did lose the plot between November and June but I came
out of it unscathed. I truly believe "Prayer is the Breakfast of Champions" and I'm binging.

Got lots going and the tide has turned. I'm earning money and so called friends said I could have used the money to buy tires for the liner but my Priorities lie
in the right place. This woman put me through hell but what's right is right. I'm taking a bunch of parts for the long car to have the inlet manifold welded, maching done
and powder coating. The liner is all I have and my only motivation to live. I won't back down and I'll finish it so I can run in August next year. Pulled a few more sponsors
with a couple of phone calls and slowly but surely my Juju is coming back. Why did I share my private stuff here on the forum?. Because I tell it like it is!!!!.
That's me in a nutshell. Without this long car and all you awesome friends I'd be in the ground six feet down. :cheers:

« Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 07:50:49 PM by tauruck »

Offline manta22

• What, me worry?
« Reply #3173 on: July 14, 2018, 08:07:52 PM »
Mike, you have a lot of folks out here who are pulling for you and we understand that sometimes doing the right thing means putting other important projects on temporary hold. Believing in God has been a lifesaver for many, many people.

Your lady friend, Gabriella, sounds like a keeper.

Regards & God Bless,  Neil  Tucson, AZ

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #3174 on: July 14, 2018, 08:55:16 PM »
Mike, keep fighting the good fight. You have a lot of guys on this forum behind you and we all want to see the long car move under its own power.

Pete

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3175 on: July 14, 2018, 09:36:19 PM »
 :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

Offline WOODY@DDLLC

• ECTA made it to AR-Kansas!
    • Design Dreams, LLC
« Reply #3176 on: July 14, 2018, 09:44:54 PM »
Mike, life is like flying to the moon - lots of mid-course corrections!  :-o Stay the course my friend, stay the course!  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
All models are wrong, but some are useful! G.E. Box (1967) www.designdreams.biz

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3177 on: July 15, 2018, 12:18:53 PM »
As I like to say: Life is sorta like  getting into the US Capital building--there are lots of doors, some straight ahead, some to the left and some to the right. The only thing that counts is getting the next step up.

Offline ggl205

• G/FL 218.282 since 1995. G/FL record since 1993.
« Reply #3178 on: July 15, 2018, 12:37:08 PM »
As I like to say: Life is sorta like  getting into the US Capital building--there are lots of doors, some straight ahead, some to the left and some to the right. The only thing that counts is getting the next step up.

Kind of like LSR racing, Sparky.

John

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3179 on: July 15, 2018, 01:31:04 PM »
Yeah John  but it sure seems like I spend way to much time, money, and effort before I get up on the next step :-D