Author Topic: Springfield Flyer.  (Read 1459197 times)

Offline tauruck

Re: Springfield Flyer.
« Reply #75 on: October 08, 2013, 11:17:32 AM »
Thanks brother, you made my day. God Bless you.

Offline wobblywalrus

« Reply #76 on: October 09, 2013, 02:07:23 AM »
It is the same way here.  I need to keep a low profile and the bike is under cover when I am not working on it.  Things vanish if I do not do this.

Offline tauruck

« Reply #77 on: October 09, 2013, 11:36:16 AM »
Bo, you get visitors??? I thought you were a recluse like I am?.
We had  drama here today. Our Jack Russel, Calamity died at the ripe old age of 18. Never sick, not once in all that time. She's been unwell the last few weeks and Zina took her to the vet last Saturday. She was lethargic and off color. Today she went back and had a seizure at the vet's rooms. The wife feels like she was judge, jury and executioner. I've been with the woman 23 years and today was the first time she's brought a "bottle" into the house. It wasn't man size but she asked a Scotch be poured. It's a tough deal because the Jacks are like children here. We are down to five now. It's going to be hard for the next few weeks but we'll get over it eventually.

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #78 on: October 09, 2013, 12:09:27 PM »
You have my sympathies Mike.

I've found it's more difficult when I've lost a dog than when I've lost a family member. The difference is that basically the dog and I are around each other every day and spend special time together walking most days. On the other hand while I have always stayed on good terms with the members of my family I'm hundreds, if not thousands of miles from most of them and only speak to them occasionally and rarely see them.

Dogs (or other important pets) rule!

Pete

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #79 on: October 09, 2013, 01:42:34 PM »
It's never easy to lose a pet, we lost our two doxies in one year and really miss the little buggers.We have another long hair black and tan doxie that controls my wife, i clean up after her and give her treats. Yes they are family. :-(
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline Tman

« Reply #80 on: October 09, 2013, 03:15:40 PM »
Sorry to hear about the dog.

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #81 on: October 09, 2013, 04:32:17 PM »
Tough deal Mike. Hang in there man.
Maybe there is no Heaven. Or maybe this is all pure gibberish. The product of a demented hill billy who has found a way to live out where the winds blow. To sleep late, have fun, drink whiskey, and drive fast on empty streets with nothing in mind except falling in love or getting arrested.    H.S. Thompson

Offline aussievetteracer

« Reply #82 on: October 09, 2013, 05:23:39 PM »
My condolences to you both- one of my dogs (Paddy) made it to 19 years- the next one (Tipper) only got to 8 years (snakebite) My current best mate, Danny, is 14 years young, a red kelpie. I often say "I 've met more dogs that I like, than people that I like" Hang in there
                                            Sincere regards, Denis
Denis

Offline Captthundarr

• In line
« Reply #83 on: October 09, 2013, 06:03:49 PM »
Condolences as well Mike. We have a houseful of rescue cats (6) that Amy has had with her for years. A few have been with her through some tough times. We also have 3 rescue dog outside. I have had to put 3 of mine down over the years and it's the hardest thing I've had to do. Bless you both.
Live,Laugh, Love /  Jack Scratch Racing /ECTA   
Amy Hartman-Driver, Frank Hartman-everthing else.
C/GALT 137.65 Ohio Mile check that 144.12 2013, AA/GALT 159.34 Ohio Mile 2014. B/GALT 180.577 RECORD 6/15

Offline Tman

« Reply #84 on: October 09, 2013, 06:19:41 PM »
We just lost a 16 year old cat and the boy at 6 years old was pretty torn up. We now have a memorial out behind the shop where Pecosa is buried.

Offline tauruck

« Reply #85 on: October 09, 2013, 09:46:51 PM »
Thank you Trent, Joe, Frank, Denis, Glen and Pete. We made a decision not to get another dog for obvious reasons. Like Pete said it's harder than losing a family member. Trent, sorry to hear about the cat. Bless you all.

Offline tauruck

« Reply #86 on: October 10, 2013, 12:00:42 PM »
I had a great day today. Met with two of my sponsors. First was HellermannTyton. They manufacture electrical equipment and things like zip ties, heat shrink and related products. I had to give them a list of what I wanted and then they added to it. More than enough for 10 cars I'd say but the cherry on top is the electrical tester designed for automotive use. I did get a box of cable ties for starters. Lovely people.
          Later the guys from SafeQuip turned up, with design engineers in tow. They are going to fit the liner with a state of the art fire suppression system. I just nodded and pretended I knew what they were talking about. Put it this way, I won't have powder coming into the cockpit. They are also supplying the compressed air units for the chutes. It was nice to have people come visit for a change. I just wish I had a car on wheels to show them. :lol:
          Tomorrow I'm off on a long trip of one whole mile to 3M South Africa to collect some "flooring" adhesive. Boeing spec flooring adhesive. :-D :-D :-D

Offline tauruck

« Reply #87 on: October 11, 2013, 02:36:07 AM »
Taking the day off. Suspension is driving me insane. I just don't know what I'm doing. :oops:
Have any of you ever used Southco quarter turn fasteners like this?. It's a CS slotted version with a sleeve (10mm) that I think would be perfect for bonding to composite body panels. The OD of the fastener itself is 8mm and total length is 24mm. I was quoted $7.70 a unit without the receptacle. Could someone in the US check on a price for me on this?. I think the price I was quoted here is a bit steep. I'm not tight when it comes to money when I have it but seventy seven bucks is harsh. Maybe the local agent is doing a number on me. I'll probably need 100.
      Rob's machine screws look awfully interesting right now when compared.

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #88 on: October 11, 2013, 02:59:08 AM »
Mike, when you have a question like that go into aircraftspruce.com and check out what they've got. If you check under fasteners I think you'll find what you're looking at under a slightly different name. Aircraft Spruce supply a lot of parts for race cars even though their specialty is aircraft.

Pete

Offline tauruck

« Reply #89 on: October 15, 2013, 12:59:07 AM »
Pete, I checked out aircraft spruce but didn't find what I was looking for. I'll come right one way or another and thanks for the help. I have the rep from Eaton (Aeroquip) coming over today to see what I need on fittings and hoses. From the discussion I had with his manager Eaton will make up the hoses for fuel and oil based on my measurements. I've made up hoses in the past but the experts are way better at it so I'll leave it to them.
          I fried up the gearbox mounting twice yesterday. The first one off the chassis and that never turned out good at all. I need to take a step back and slow down a bit. I hope to have the block and gearbox dummied up and in the chassis by Friday. Tomorrow is stub axle day. I'm going to Guido's place to use the lathe and milling machine. We have to fabricate a set of stub axles for the car in order to complete the suspension. This is exciting and I'll have pics tomorrow.