Author Topic: Springfield Flyer.  (Read 1458593 times)

Offline lsrjunkie

Re: Springfield Flyer.
« Reply #240 on: December 17, 2013, 05:10:57 PM »
I agree! That pedal is trick! Now if I could just find a carbon oil pan for a 302 Jimmy...  :-D
Maybe there is no Heaven. Or maybe this is all pure gibberish. The product of a demented hill billy who has found a way to live out where the winds blow. To sleep late, have fun, drink whiskey, and drive fast on empty streets with nothing in mind except falling in love or getting arrested.    H.S. Thompson

Offline Freud

« Reply #241 on: December 17, 2013, 10:30:44 PM »
Just send your VISA card number and he will probably

be able to answer your Santa wish list.

Remember, it's summer where he lives and the evenings are long.

FREUD

Since '63

Offline tauruck

« Reply #242 on: December 18, 2013, 12:23:27 AM »
Ha ha ha.

Freud, the evenings are long but we're getting rained on like crazy.

The lightning here is a little different, I swear it hunts.

It loves my yard.

Forget the Visa card, just send a GREEN one Joe!!!

Let me just finish the wheel discs first. :-D :cheers:

Offline tauruck

« Reply #243 on: December 18, 2013, 06:53:47 AM »
My build involves a lot.

I pray, submit proposals, build components and try to be positive at all times even though I get beat down regularly.

Prayers do get answered and I'm so thankful for all the support.

I can't do this project without sponsors or the motivation I get on the forum.

My Christmas present from ARP arrived yesterday and I just collected it.

Thanks Chris Raschke.

AWESOME!!!!!!!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #244 on: December 22, 2013, 09:26:44 AM »
I was joking about the speed and meant no harm Sparky. I'm sorry if you think I was being nasty. smiley

Mickey---I have been off line for nearly 2 weeks---that was my way of asking what subject you wanted me to JUMP ON--nasty lord no---lol
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline tauruck

« Reply #245 on: December 22, 2013, 10:54:22 AM »
Thanks Sparky. :cheers:

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #246 on: December 22, 2013, 03:32:42 PM »
The inline tandem built on the walking beam principle has a lot going for it:
When the front tire goes over a 1" bump the pivot only goes up 1/2;  it also is easy to build a "mud flap" between the two tires and with the stops I mentioned earlier the car is still a tricycle if one happens to loose a tire  be sure and slightly offset the alignment of the center lines of the two tires  a shock for each tire is required as they are considered "sprung" .  It is not necessary to deal with the concentric arcs but I would let the weight ride on a brg. much like a lot of I beam axels---try to eliminate the scrub radius.
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

Offline tauruck

« Reply #247 on: December 23, 2013, 02:05:52 PM »
Sparky, I have what you could call two single sided bike swing arms.

One left and one right.

I have a lot of stuff to collect from the engineer tomorrow and as much to drop off.

My gut tells me I got it right this time. With help of course.

Tom Burkland hasn't left out even the smallest detail in the regular advice he sends and if I had "only" been contemplating a liner build I can say I would have found something else to do.

Can you imagine John Force giving me gidance on building a Funny Car???? :-D

Simply put, if I screw up now I only have myself to blame.

The tandem just feels right and the engineering is going the way I'd wanted.

There will still be hiccups but I'm up for it. :cheers:

Offline TheSteelMan23

• New folks
« Reply #248 on: December 24, 2013, 12:53:06 PM »
It shames me that somehow I have managed to overlook this build. Just spent over an hour and a half reading this diary and it's Xmas Eve time well spent. Very cool build, Sid's advice is irreplaceable to me also. Looking forward to seeing how your tandem front end turns out, I too have been kicking a similar idea around.
I have two speeds... Fast, and "What the hell was that!"

Offline tauruck

« Reply #249 on: December 24, 2013, 01:44:23 PM »
Thanks SteelMan.

Sid is my mate and he along with all the other guys here on the forum put up with all my dumb questions.

I still need to embrace the tack first weld later principle. :oops:

One would love to be able to pick up the phone and invite the guys around for a bench racing session and run ideas by them but the location makes it impossible.

There is an upside to all the bad designs. I put the metal rejects out for a guy that digs through garbage cans for stuff he can sell.
It's not much Dollar wise but he's ever so grateful. :cheers:

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #250 on: December 24, 2013, 04:41:37 PM »
mine go into my recycle pile---when I am building something it is amazing to me how much stuff I pull out and whack of some part of it to make a bracket, brace or mount  :lol:

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #251 on: December 25, 2013, 08:42:21 AM »
Mickey  what is up with the fishing lures  :?

Offline tauruck

« Reply #252 on: December 25, 2013, 11:49:41 AM »
I made Carbon lures for quite a while but I couldn't produce the numbers guys wanted.

I made the mistake of sending a few to a big tackle store in CA.

The guy caught a near record size Rooster fish on his first cast.

Why do you ask?.
Here's my favourite fish lure or live. Yellowfin Tuna. They will loosen all your fillings. :-D

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #253 on: December 25, 2013, 03:06:15 PM »
No problem---you just need to raise the price until you are comfortable with the stress of production requirements!!

Most folks who want --World class results expect to pay the big bucks!!  I know of a Hunt that the entry fee just to be in the auction is over $200,000. US

ps  I was just cruzin your photo bucket pages
« Last Edit: December 25, 2013, 03:10:01 PM by SPARKY »

Offline Captthundarr

• In line
« Reply #254 on: December 25, 2013, 03:16:56 PM »
Zoiks Mike, thats a sweet looking little tuna. :cheers:
Live,Laugh, Love /  Jack Scratch Racing /ECTA   
Amy Hartman-Driver, Frank Hartman-everthing else.
C/GALT 137.65 Ohio Mile check that 144.12 2013, AA/GALT 159.34 Ohio Mile 2014. B/GALT 180.577 RECORD 6/15