Author Topic: drop tank  (Read 1462 times)

Offline Ron Gibson

drop tank
« on: September 11, 2013, 09:48:46 AM »
On the way back from SW, I stopped at Smith-Edwards, north of Ogden, to look around. Sign says no pictures allowed. Not much there anymore. Out back was fairly large - long fiberglass tank. Then I forgot to ask what it was off of or how much. Maybe Sid, Wayno or someone near could check if anyone is interested.

Ron
Life is an abrasive. Whether you get ground away or polished to a shine depends on what you are made of.

Offline Elmo Rodge

Re: drop tank
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2013, 10:52:42 AM »
Ron, next time I go by there I'll try to check for you. It's out of the way for trips to Bonneville but on the way to my Daughters house in Twin Falls.  :cheers: Wayno

Offline kiwi belly tank

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2013, 12:29:03 PM »
Fiberglass military tanks are really thick & really heavy, more suitable for a submarine than a race car.
I have a few aluminim tanks & know where a few more are that would probably buyable if anybody is looking.
  Sid.

Offline Ron Gibson

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2013, 01:04:49 PM »
Wayno
Thanks anyway, that was for others  info only. My roadster will probably keep me busy as long as I live or am able to enjoy.

Ron
Life is an abrasive. Whether you get ground away or polished to a shine depends on what you are made of.