Author Topic: Articles on BUB  (Read 21299 times)

Offline wobblywalrus

Re: Articles on BUB
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2013, 12:42:58 PM »
The Triumph magazine, page 8, has some pictures and a video of this years BUB racing.  spirit.triumphmotorcycles.com 

There is a link to a u-tube video about Kim Krebs, the fastest woman in Australia, on the BUB facebook site www.facebook.com/bubspeedtrials

The December 2013 issue of "Road Iron" has an article about a world record setting trike.  It is a "bitsa" as they say in GB.  This is a mixture of all sorts of parts from various sources and with special made barrels and cylinders.

Offline paso54

« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2013, 01:52:19 PM »
Classic Bike Guide December edition has an article about the Brough superiors at BuB in 2013.  8-)

Offline wobblywalrus

« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2013, 10:42:46 PM »
There is an article on the grey Ghost II with Riley, Fischer, and Witt in the January/February Iron Works magazine.  In it is a picture of Drew Gatewood, a member of this forum, giving the bike an inspection.  There is a quote in the article saying "Hyabusas are merely the Sportsters of today!"  Hmmm...

It is a good article. 

Offline wobblywalrus

« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2013, 12:59:40 AM »
There are Brough Superiors at BUB.  They are pretty exotic for us over here and we do not know a lot about them.  This video has a section on them along with Brooklands, Vincent, and Bonneville.  www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vh4zWVdu-VY

Offline Uncle Jimbo

« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2013, 04:10:22 PM »
There is an article on the grey Ghost II with Riley, Fischer, and Witt in the January/February Iron Works magazine.  In it is a picture of Drew Gatewood, a member of this forum, giving the bike an inspection.  There is a quote in the article saying "Hyabusas are merely the Sportsters of today!"  Hmmm...

It is a good article. 
I think what W was getting at is, in days of old - the Sportster was The Hotrod bike of the day. Most of the time the only way to beat a Sportster was to have a quicker Sportster. Fast forward to today with the Busa's - Most of the time the only way to beat a Busa, is with a quicker Hyabusa.  I kinda think he's right on target with the analogy.   :cheers:

Some of us are still stuck on the 56 yr. run of the Sportster though. I know I am not goin up against 4 valve dual OHC oriental motors. But - In my book, Sportsters - kickin V Twinns back side for 56 yrs. is all the fun I need.   :-D

Wishing everyone a Happy Christmas -   :cheers:
Jimbo
From days of old, when knights were bold, and rode Iron Horses
24 Land Speed Records
M/PP 1350 AMA/BUB - M/CPG 1350 - M/CPF 1350 - LTA
M/PG 1650 - M/PF 1650 - AMA/BUB
A/PG 1650 - A/PF 1650 -  ECTA - LTA
Top speed to date 194.664

Offline nrhs sales

« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2013, 04:34:05 PM »
In my book, Sportsters - kickin V Twinns back side for 56 yrs. is all the fun I need.   grin

I am right there with ya Jimbo and since you have the fastest 1650cc MPG and I have the fastest 1350cc MPG and both are Sportsters  I think it proves our point!!

Offline stay`tee

• "Kawasaki ZX12 Turbocharged"
« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2013, 06:08:54 AM »
Uncle, he is spot on with the analogy, Triumph, Vincent and Hayabusas have all shared the dias in their day, along with the Sportsters, still kicking butt for their generation, :cheers:

however,, Triumph, Vincent and Harley have stood the test of time,, makes me wonder if the mighty Hayabusas of today, will still be running on the salt in fifty years time, :wink:

Merry Christmas fellas,,
First Australian to ride a motorcycle over 200mph at Bonneville,,,

Offline Chris V

« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2013, 09:55:37 AM »
And a Marry Christmas to all and a Happy new Year.  Sandy's 1972 Yamaha 350 R5 was eye opening fast back in the day it's all evelloution, (spelling) what's next to compete against Busa's   Chris
1972 Yamaha R5  350cc

Offline wobblywalrus

« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2013, 10:59:33 PM »
A lot of whether Busa's or anything else races LSR in 50 years is the availability of the records they can get.  Right now busas are getting the top spots the class structure changes have opened up a lot of opportunities for the old pots.