Author Topic: Racer in need of club  (Read 10168 times)

Offline salt

• EMD2CLM - B2CLM
Re: Racer in need of club
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2013, 02:01:54 AM »
Eddie, I think you and your roadster are a fine addition to this ol' bunch of salt and dirt guys. Even if you pick a cherry or two.
You might be relatively new to this sport but a lot of folks could actually learn from your approach to building a car and GOING FOR IT! Best of luck with the motor, hope to see you in November.
Next season, I'll have a wing, too, and then IT'S ON!

Willi
Who Has More Fun?

Offline Plmkrze

• Oh Yea
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2013, 10:55:12 AM »
"Hey Willi,  What is the minimum cherry count to become a charter member?  I definitely will add this to my list of goals and accomplishments for my rookie season.  Is it possible that there is a record for the most cherries in one season?  If so I believe this to be the highest of all LSR honors and will move mountains to accomplish it!"

I like this guy. just GO FOR IT!!  :-D

Hey Chop YOU are the WECPA (Sacramento Chapter). Once Waldo the Shop Cat gives you the ole MEOW there’s no going BACK.

Now get out there and pick some cherry’s.

Always remember the motto “You can only pop that cherry once”. :wink:
"Trim it, whittle it, make it work."

East Coast Cherry Pickers Association (ECCPA) and proud of it!

Offline dw230

« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2013, 11:56:00 AM »
Ed is a fine young man and would be a great addition to any of the clubs.

Ed,

Try the Milers, the club many of the Nor Cal guys belong to and the one that the racing part of the Sidewinders went to.

DW
White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline desotoman

« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2013, 04:32:50 PM »
Ed is a fine young man and would be a great addition to any of the clubs.

Ed,

Try the Milers, the club many of the Nor Cal guys belong to and the one that the racing part of the Sidewinders went to.

DW

:? :? :? HUH,  That was back in the late 1990's, a few left not the majority.  Last time I looked the White Goose Bar's owner and 4 or 5 other members of the WGB  are still Sidewinders.  As I recall it was the lure of the $5 dues the Milers had, compared to the Sidewinders $45 dues, is why some switched. I think that was when the meetings were still in San Fernando at a little cafe called  the Olympic.  All you guys who left may have made a mistake as I am sure by now you would have all been voted in as lifetime members and your dues would have been free, plus you would have received a nice new jacket.  Que Sera, Sera

Tom G.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline RichFox

« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2013, 07:34:42 PM »
I was a Miler. They kicked me out. Then I was in the SDRC. They invited me out. Now I'm a Rod Rider. I guess they don't really know me that well.

Offline dw230

« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2013, 08:34:01 PM »
Tom,

A bit of history.

I left when our builder/driver left. Santa Barbara crowd was right in front of us. I had just received a phone call from the Sgt at Arms asking if I was going to attend yet another club function. I asked him if the Sidewinders were a racing club or a social club. When I got the social club answer I knew I was going. Team members on any team can belong to separate clubs it doesn't matter. I already had reduced dues because I was a past SCTA President.

How did the club banquet go last year, oh yeah it didn't - cancelled due to a lack of interest. Instead of a club function to celebrate a successful racing season Ron bought dinner for everyone at the golf course.

Yes I could have by now become a life member of the club, in fact it was offered the year I left. Please give my jacket to Mike Manghelli, he deserves it.

DW
White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2013, 09:12:27 AM »
SCTA----long live the SCTA!! :cheers:  lol
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline desotoman

« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2013, 06:51:46 PM »
Tom,

Instead of a club function to celebrate a successful racing season Ron bought dinner for everyone at the golf course.

DW

Freebies sometimes clouts one's mind when it comes time for change.  :-o :-o :-o

Tom G.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline Papi

« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2013, 03:05:16 PM »
Eddie- Since the RR helped you out initially, it's generally good practice to go with the club that groomed you.
If you are interested in the SDRC, please send me a note. We have membership all over the country including NorCal.

Good luck to you and your LSR endeavors!  :cheers:

-Papi
Steve "Papi" Chappell, SCTA-BNI #2230 to 2239
Dirty 2 Club Member, Mojave Mile 2 Club Member
San Diego Roadster Club

Offline Eddieschopshop

« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2013, 04:34:15 PM »
Thanks again for the help everyone. I posted earlier that the club thing has been taken care of. Misunderstanding on my part.   I agree Papi I did not intend to jump ship on the people helping me.

Thanks ed.

Offline FADED

« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2013, 05:01:16 PM »
WOW! This has escalated quickly!
Viva La Gear Grinders!