Author Topic: Screw it, We're Coming Anyway!  (Read 43475 times)

Offline Tom Liberatore

Screw it, We're Coming Anyway!
« on: September 04, 2013, 05:36:30 PM »
Mostly because Pepperoni Brother Steve Oliveria has such a high-stress job that he needs to get away from and just for the heck of it, we are going to show up anyway. I bought all the food, am mostly packed, have a monster shipment of pepperoni on the way, and really need to put some test miles on the "Bee" before I put it away until next years WOS. So anyone that shows up at the Salt Flats Cafe Saturday morning around 10am will get a stick of fine pepperoni and a chance to kibbitz together. I'll be the smiling fellow parked in front of a Chili Verde omelet, I bet Pork Pie will show! :cheers:
Pepperoni Bros.- XF/VOT

Offline rouse

• Impound is the place to be
Re: Screw it, We're Coming Anyway!
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2013, 06:10:12 PM »
Me too, My wife and I will be there Friday night. And for all your same reason we're still coming.

Rouse
Johnnie Rouse
Bike 4680 P-PP2000 SCTA record 153.325    A-PF3000 182.920
                              Texas Mile 152.518 PP class  186 A-PF Class
If you love your freedom thank a vet.

Offline kiwi belly tank

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2013, 07:30:05 PM »
Pick your self up an inflatable boat & have some fun. We went swimming in it a bunch of years ago & when I dried off I was a white guy. :-D
  Sid.

Offline gande

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2013, 09:34:48 AM »
Come on out to the end of the road. We will there commiserating and selling hats and tee shirts. We are having a rain sale through saturday afternoon.

Gary and Ellen

Offline Steve Walters

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2013, 01:05:43 PM »
I wish you would have asked me to stick around and help sell shirts, Gary.  The olives and peperoni would have made it worth while for sure.  The road I came in on tuesday through Arbon Valley was just about washed away going back Wednesday.  I was looking for the Montana racers that come that way to turn them around, but if they hit the road before they cleaned the mud, rocks, and trees' from it they would have already turned around.   :-o

Steve

I've been from Bone to Blackfoot, but still just a Newbie here.

Wa's Bad Banana
B/CGALT

Offline Tom Liberatore

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2013, 10:01:13 PM »
The decision to come anyway was a good one for us, my nephew and his new wife were honeymooning their way around the US in an Airstream and were already in Wendover, and our other friend J. had a non-refundable ticket to SLC, so it was off to the [cancelled] races! Pork Pie didn't show so we gave most of the pepperoni & olives to the USFRA who were there to co-miserate and sell some shirts and hats to folks who came expecting to see some salt flats racing. I got to meet Wayne-o and find out just what the heck his avatar is!  Having the only race vehicle on the boat ramp was pretty cool, we put on several dog&pony shows for folks from all over, Belgium, Germany, Japan, and all over the US. We wish the good folks from the USFRA all the best in recovering from this unfortunate walloping by mother nature and will be happy to pay whatever it costs to rollover our entry until Next Year. You can see some of the action at www.pepperonibrothersracing.com  click on video
Pepperoni Bros.- XF/VOT

Offline Elmo Rodge

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2013, 11:02:51 PM »
Tom, it was a pleasure meeting you and I'll see you next year. Wayno

Offline TIIILSR

• New folks
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2013, 02:57:02 AM »
We were notified the day before we were to leave. So we changed plans and drove to RENO for the long weekend. Should have just gone there, would have been more fun for sure.  :cheers:

Mike
Mike
Jackpot motorsports

Offline petermiller

• New folks
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2017, 08:41:44 AM »
So what is your impression?
I really like races and favorite one is spanish grand prix for me. Very interesting event

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2017, 09:34:42 AM »
Usually a post like this on an old thread is a spambot trying to sell something. No sign of that here. Odd!!!  :? :? :?

Pete

Offline WhizzbangK.C.

• Ed Bennett, Speed Team Doo Kansas City fab shop.
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2017, 11:50:54 AM »
Usually a post like this on an old thread is a spambot trying to sell something. No sign of that here. Odd!!!  :? :? :?

Pete

New algorithm that lays low and posts innocuous stuff for a while before laying out the bait?
Ah, this is obviously some strange usage of the word 'safe' that I wasn't previously aware of.  Douglas Adams