Author Topic: Shootout 2013  (Read 258678 times)

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
Shootout 2013
« on: September 04, 2013, 03:22:29 PM »
Here it is -- a thread dedicated to the 2013 Mike Cook Shootout.  Let's try to get all of the Shootout-related posts here so that it's easy to find them - and easy for someone that doesn't know his way around this Forum to find information.  Thanks.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline trimmers

• Jeff in Boise
Re: Shootout 2013
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2013, 06:33:04 PM »
Thanks Jon!

Hopefully, Mr. Cook will let you know how things look early next week after he's had a look-see.  We'll all be watching for updates then.
------------- 1 of just 3 in all 3  -------------
USFRA 130 MPH Club 09/18/2008 136.757
USFRA 150 MPH Club 09/17/2009 152.162
Bonneville 200 MPH Club 09/15/2019 218.600
Best Run: 253.080 MPH 09/14/2019 #6556

Offline ack

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2013, 07:06:16 PM »
Mike Cook said there was water from the zero to the three spotty water from the 3 to the 8 and water from the 8 to the 12. Weather shows slight chance of rain to the 7th 0% chance from the 8th through the 13th temps in the mid to high 80’s. If the forecast holds true we should have good conditions for the event. Talked to Denis and Sam today they will be there.  Looks like the Triumph guys found out it’s not as easy as they thought they are not coming. 

A couple of articles:

http://www.digitaljournal.com/pr/1448116

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/499/16933/Motorcycle-Article/Ack-Attack-Primed-to-Break-400-mph-Barrier.aspx

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2013/09/04/castrol-rocket-motorcycle-aims-for-400-mph/

Offline racefanwfo

• jenks worlds fastest pitbull
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2013, 07:19:14 PM »
Has anyone heard if mike and the jet bike are going to make it this year. :cheers:
The speed that you wish to achieve is only limited by the depth of your wallet.

Offline Kansas Bad Man

• Max Lambky's Vincent powered motorcycle streamliner
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2013, 10:56:56 AM »
Here it is -- a thread dedicated to the 2013 Mike Cook Shootout.  Let's try to get all of the Shootout-related posts here so that it's easy to find them - and easy for someone that doesn't know his way around this Forum to find information. 

Glad to see the Shootout thread.  Congrats to you, Slim and Ray, on the 2013 coverage.  Black Lightning (Lambky's Liner) will be attending the Shootout.  Hoping the weather cooperates.  BTW how 'bout dropping by my pit.  Got a buck or two for you guys.  Thanks again for keeping all the folks enlightened as to the happenings. 

Yesterday, Stainless towing my liner, and me towing his Boxcar, headed for the WOS.  About 180 miles from home we heard that the WOS was cancelled.  Big Bummer.  Turned the caravan around and headed back.  About 20 miles from home on the return trip, blew a tire on the Boxcar trailer. 

So.  Eight hours of driving, $90 tire, $140 diesel, $110 gas, $40 chow, put us exactly back where we started.  Are we having fun yet?

#:^)#

Max

Offline Kansas Bad Man

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2013, 11:02:50 AM »
Here it is -- a thread dedicated to the 2013 Mike Cook Shootout.  Let's try to get all of the Shootout-related posts here so that it's easy to find them - and easy for someone that doesn't know his way around this Forum to find information.  Thanks.

Ooops.  Sorry about that.  Can't seem to figure out how to work this thing.  However, I've JUST ABOUT got my homemade fuel injection working on the bike after 24 years trying.  :)

Max

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2013, 11:04:48 AM »
I was reading an article about the Shootout this morning - and see that there's a "rain date" for October in case the track can't be used this coming week.  I know nothing further about the October possibility.  Have any of you heard things?

It's not that I want to jinx the Sept. 12 - 16 version, but rather that I'd like to be ready - just in case - to head out there in October.  Gee, whiz - let's see.  Nice cool air, good track, a month of healing the surface after a few events and a few rainstorms -- all that might equal a dang good track. :-D :-D
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline rlague

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2013, 11:05:18 AM »
Max good going!!
IGNITION3  Productions
WORLD'S FASTEST MOTORCYCLE DVD/TV Show 
WORLD'S FASTEST MOTORCYCLE - BOOK
ACK ATTACK - RECORD BREAKING MOTORCYCLE - BOOK
ISDE DVD series
www.worldsfastestmotorcycle.tv
www.ignition3.tv
www.isde.tv

Offline rlague

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2013, 11:09:44 AM »
what is the rain date anyway?  I know Mike Cook has one.  Ack did not know yesterday when I spoke with him.  I think it is after World Finals.

Don't want to jinx either but would like to know.

hey Jon SSS how do I post photos on here?  Fell dumb but I do see the insert image tab.  do I post the image in there?  Or is there a way to get to a file and post that?
IGNITION3  Productions
ISDE DVD series
www.ignition3.tv
www.isde.tv

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2013, 11:45:20 AM »
Dick, you go to "Additional Options" which is left and below the blank for your message.  Click there and you'll see a little blank and the word "browse".  Click on browse and find the image you want to post.  One at a time, though, and remember the caveat that you're limited to no more than 4 total images/500k total file size.  Once you've got your chosen photo(s) in the additional options location all you need to do is click to post.

If you've got bigger files or lots of images - you oughta do what I and many of the other yay-hoos here do, and that's use an image sharing site such as Photobucket.  Basically -- you put your image(s) on the Photobucket album that you create and then link that image to your post.  It uses very little of the Forum's file limitations, so it's fine with everyone to post as much as you want.  About the only drawback is that all those bits of data take a while to load into the viewer's computer - so you might find that folks get bored waiting for the images to appear.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline rlague

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2013, 04:10:06 PM »
got it.  I will do it in a bit....got a couole of things to do right now and then will reduce the size of some photos and post.

IGNITION3  Productions
ISDE DVD series
www.ignition3.tv
www.isde.tv

Offline AHG

« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2013, 04:11:06 PM »
Very nice 2013 Poster shown on this home page,
but unfortunate they opted to not include even one motorcycle,
as this may be a noteworthy year/event for the MC streamliners.
~ I CAN COUNT MY LIFE ON ONE HAND ~
Faith, Family, Friends, & Fast Motorcycles

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2013, 06:30:26 PM »
Has anyone else noticed that right now the Wendover weather page says "Thunder"?  Not rain, not thunderstorms -- just "thunder".  The radar doesn't look very dry, though.  Anyone know anything more than what I see?
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline USFRAMONTE

« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2013, 06:49:29 PM »
Jon, look at the USFRA website. Dan posted more pictures a short while ago showing it raining pretty hard.

Offline Kansas Bad Man

« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2013, 07:43:39 PM »
Jon, look at the USFRA website. Dan posted more pictures a short while ago showing it raining pretty hard.

One of our crew from England was in the air when he found out that the WOS was cancelled.  He's in Wendover now.  I asked him to check out the conditions.  Got this from him a couple of hours ago.

"It is drying out.  Speaking to Stacy, Carlos and Tom, who had just inspected it.  It's drying well, very hard and smooth.  No rain overnight.  Light shower this morning.  Now clear but rain passing to the north.  They think it will be O.K. and that no rain is currently forecast."  Gerry Jenkinson

Max