Author Topic: Shootout 2013  (Read 259534 times)

Offline rlague

Re: Shootout 2013
« Reply #75 on: September 10, 2013, 11:08:48 PM »
Right, but here is the Wendover forecast from the National Weather Service - NWS

Tonight Tuesday.....Scattered showers and thunderstorms after midnight. Some of the storms could produce heavy rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 61. North northwest wind 6 to 9 mph becoming east northeast after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Wednesday Scattered showers and thunderstorms, mainly after noon. Some of the storms could produce heavy rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 78. North northwest wind 6 to 10 mph becoming east in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 50%.

Wednesday Night Scattered showers and thunderstorms. Some of the storms could produce heavy rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 61. East wind 6 to 16 mph becoming southwest after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 50%.

Thursday A 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 76. Northeast wind 6 to 8 mph becoming east southeast in the afternoon.

Thursday Night Showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm before midnight, then a chance of showers and thunderstorms after midnight. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 60. East wind around 6 mph becoming northwest after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

Friday A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly sunny, with a high near 77.

Friday Night A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms before midnight. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 60.

Saturday A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly sunny, with a high near 80.

Saturday Night A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly cloudy, with a low around 61
IGNITION3  Productions
WORLD'S FASTEST MOTORCYCLE DVD/TV Show 
WORLD'S FASTEST MOTORCYCLE - BOOK
ACK ATTACK - RECORD BREAKING MOTORCYCLE - BOOK
ISDE DVD series
www.worldsfastestmotorcycle.tv
www.ignition3.tv
www.isde.tv

Offline RayTheRat

• Just me and the camera
    • Ray the Rat's Chevy Asylum
« Reply #76 on: September 10, 2013, 11:26:44 PM »
Agreed, Monsieur Lague. :)  Wunderground.com states the same for Wendover.  I'll be there tomorrow and will collect and post first hand observation.  Yeah, I know that the drivers meeting has been postponed until Thursday.  But since I have the room reserved...well...I might as well take advantage of it.

Just a note of thanks to SSS for providing this forum that serves as an information hub for fans and racers alike.

Offline Freud

« Reply #77 on: September 10, 2013, 11:29:19 PM »
RtR.....now go get some sleep.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline rlague

« Reply #78 on: September 10, 2013, 11:54:59 PM »
We are going up on Thursday.....that is the current plan anyway.....give us a weather forecast tomorrow.  Look forward to seeing you....I owe you at least a beer or 2.  Is Marlo going?
IGNITION3  Productions
ISDE DVD series
www.ignition3.tv
www.isde.tv

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #79 on: September 11, 2013, 09:35:17 AM »
I just got this morning's first salt report from Junior.  here's the scoop:

There's some standing water on the course from the zero to the 1 3/4 or so.  Not lots -- but some.  From there to the 12 mile the course has no standing water -- "We could run on it if we wanted to, and we could run right now if we moved the start to the 2 mile", he reports.  But then -- this isn't about running on a shortened course -- the most is what we want.  About the only large amounts of water is the ankle-deep stuff on either side of the pavement leading to Land's End.  But it's all there -- not on the race course.

The bad news:  Right now the skies are black in every direction.  That doesn't sound good, does it?  The driver meeting is now set for Friday evening with racing to start Saturday morning - if no more water appears.  The forecast isn't very optimistic, either.

Mike Jr. reports also that everything is in place to run the event starting late -- and ending by next Saturday, the 21st -- if that's what it takes.  To be honest -- I can't stay out there that long, folks -- I've got to get back to home and work before then -- unless I can wring some pretty good miracle-type stuff here.  So - -

Stay tuned.  I'll be on the airplane through midday but will post while I'm at the O'Hare layover in Chicago.  Junior said he'd call with an update at noon and 7PM Wendover time.

Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline firemanjim

« Reply #80 on: September 11, 2013, 09:42:31 AM »
Just started to rain at motel 6. Nuts.
Bonneville 2001,2002,2003,2004,and NO stinking 2005,DLRA 2006, next?
Well,sure can't complain about 2008--6 records over 200 and 5 hats from Bonneville,Bubs, and El Mirage for the team!

Offline sabat

« Reply #81 on: September 11, 2013, 10:05:09 AM »
Crrrrap

Offline rlague

« Reply #82 on: September 11, 2013, 10:33:47 AM »
How bad is the rain?  Just a little or......
IGNITION3  Productions
ISDE DVD series
www.ignition3.tv
www.isde.tv

Offline roadster589

• GOD SPEED GARY
« Reply #83 on: September 11, 2013, 10:38:13 AM »
No rain on salt yet sitting on course at the 4 mile
Remember it can rain like an SOB in town and not a drop of rain will hit salt fingers crossed
Mike cook jr

Online USFRAMONTE

« Reply #84 on: September 11, 2013, 11:04:44 AM »
I am hoping things will work out and that everyone will be able to run.  Am wishing the best for all
involved.

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
« Reply #85 on: September 11, 2013, 11:10:44 AM »
It looks like most of the storm is staying just south and to the east.  For storm rainfall totals so far they just show a possible trace for the area of the track.  This has been a really strange system the past week for this area.  It moved into SE Utah 2 days ago and has just kind of hung here but not much actual rain fall in the last 24 hours.

Hoping the best for you guys,

Sum

Offline Tman

« Reply #86 on: September 11, 2013, 11:36:43 AM »
I am hoping things will work out and that everyone will be able to run.  Am wishing the best for all
involved.

You are looking REALLY smart for your decision to cancel :wink:

I wish Cooks luck and good weather.

Offline Elmo Rodge

« Reply #87 on: September 11, 2013, 11:55:38 AM »
I'm heading up there now. It is going to clear up and everything is going to be bichin.  :cheers: Wayno

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #88 on: September 11, 2013, 12:15:37 PM »
Wayno thanks for updates, enjoy the meet. :cheers:
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #89 on: September 11, 2013, 03:06:20 PM »
I'm all the way to O'Hare - and the weather forecast for out at Wendover looks like we can save the suntan lotion for later.  I don't see any fresh comments, so that's a good thing - I guess.  This next flight takes me to DFW - won't be there for about3 1/2 hours - so keep me posted, please.

Jon a/k/a SSS
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com