Author Topic: Harvest Event  (Read 5246 times)

Offline greencar

• greencar
Harvest Event
« on: September 02, 2013, 07:01:31 PM »
I would like to thank everyone who was involved in putting on the the Harvest Event.
A great job and a lot of work.
Had a great time and I can see 140 in the greencars future.
Ed

Offline saltwheels262

• LTA 7/2013
Re: Harvest Event
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2013, 07:35:54 PM »
it is a really good event.
planning on next fall also ; at the harvest event.

franey
bub '07 - 140.293 a/pg   120" crate street mill  
bub '10 - 158.100  sweetooth gear
lta  7/11 -163.389  7/17/11; 3 run avg.-162.450
ohio -    - 185.076 w/#684      
lta 8/14  - 169.xxx. w/sw2           
'16 -- 0 runs ; 0 events

" it's not as easy as it looks. "
                            - franey  8/2007

Offline 55chevr

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2013, 07:37:49 PM »
Great event.  Beautiful weather on Friday with most of the vehicles going thru tech in the afternoon.  Steve Von Blarcom came up from Connecticut just to do car inspections. He had a family reunion on Sunday and he ran back Saturday at noon to be there.  Came all that way just to handle inspections. RRRRRained overnight on Friday into Saturday.  Everyone pitched in and there was almost a traffic jam on the course with all the street vehicles driving the course to dry it.  Started racing at 10:00 when the sun took effect and course was dry.  Raced until 7:15 and got in 226 runs.  Sunday same deal RRRRained overnight.  Dried the course and sun came up.  Started racing at 10:00.  Raced until 3:10 and shut down the event with no racers in staging.  5-7 mph headwinds all day.  Das Bullet Lakester put in 3 runs over 200. Last one was 212 for a new record.  Henry Paga's team ran "Greenie" ZX12 to a 222 mile and a 226 mile and a half. Bieneke's got both the red and blue Super Birds over 200 but had clutch problems so they couldn't bump their record.  Have to verify but a rider on a Hyabusa that was hot lapping on Sunday said he made 40 runs over 2 days. That would be a land speed record. Just not a MPH speed record.

Want to thank  the volunteers that made this event the success it was. George and Judy Hartford-Track setup and timing. Frank and Shari John-Timing and time slips. Todd and Cooper Richards - track stewards.  Marvin Oulelette - starter/bike tech. Ed - staging. Jesse Michaud Bike tech/starter.  Josh -Long shutdown/speed board (Josh will post a link to long shut down photos). Staci Robbe took a lot of photos and she will post a link to them.

Offline Chris08Bus

• The most fun you can have with your pants on!
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2013, 09:06:43 PM »
Hey Joe, that was me on the busa hot lapping at the end. Although it felt like I had made 40 runs, I "only" made 27. But, that included me leaving at 2:30 pm on Saturday. So, 27 runs over a 9.5 hour total time between the two days speaks volumes of the efficiency that you guys run with. Many thanks to everyone involved, especially to Ralphie and Belinda who each gave me lots of MR12!  So much fun to spend a beautiful weekend with fantastic people. See you all in July 2014!

Offline 55chevr

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2013, 09:23:05 PM »
Thanks Chris .... 27 passes might still be a record for number of runs in a 2 day meet.   

Joe

Jessechop

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2013, 09:38:38 PM »
Carl had 24 passes on the Harley and I had 6 passes on it for a total of 30

Offline RidgeRunner

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2013, 11:01:55 PM »
Chris,

No wonder it took me so long to track you down for just a couple of mins in staging, you were constantly underway!

Looking forward to getting back "up in the county" July '14 as well.

To all who had a hand in putting on the great event,

THANK YOU!

Ed

Offline dw230

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2013, 11:04:19 PM »
A tip of my Bonneville 200 MPH Club hat to Tim and his crew for putting on an event which has many challenges. These include a restricted time to schedule the race, a short time frame for setup and iffy weather. I am grateful for the competitors that make the wayyy tooo loooong haul to get to the track.

Steve Van Barcolm is a dedicated LSR racer. Steve, my beer at the GNRS next year.

Good job everyone involved,

DW
White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline tedgram

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2013, 05:46:04 AM »
Good to see that everyone had a good time. :-D Makes me sad that I couldn't take the time off from work. :-(

Jessechop

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2013, 07:38:59 AM »
I must say for me to be 100% comfortable  says a lot of the people. I am not really a person who generally likes to be around a lot of people but with the LTA that is far from the case.

Big thanks to Tim and Joe for trusting me to do what I do, that means a lot to me.

And for all of the volunteers who make this event happen, big thank you. George, Frank, Marvin, Shari, Judy, Tom, Josh, Joe, Tim and Family, plus others I am sure I am forgetting, THANKS!

So...is it July yet?

Offline Chris08Bus

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2013, 01:55:24 PM »
Chris,

No wonder it took me so long to track you down for just a couple of mins in staging, you were constantly underway!

THANK YOU!

Ed

Hey Ed, sorry we didn't catch up more - I had to head out early on Saturday.  Could Saturday have been any more perfect?  A 3 MPH tail wind?  Awesome!

Thanks again to all involved!

Jessechop

« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2013, 02:13:50 PM »
Chris,

THANK YOU!

Ed

Hey Ed, sorry we didn't catch up more - I had to head out early on Saturday.  Could Saturday have been any more perfect?  A 3 MPH tail wind?  Awesome!

Thanks again to all involved!

Did you get your bike cleaned? I was worried if it was yours or not by Sunday afternoon!  :-D

Offline Chris08Bus

« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2013, 09:26:00 AM »
Did you get your bike cleaned? I was worried if it was yours or not by Sunday afternoon!  :-D

Ha! My pit crew left on Sunday morning, so she wasn't so sparkly anymore. My buddy Chris says his detailing services will be for hire in July 2014!