Author Topic: Herbert-Evernham Streamliner  (Read 27656 times)

Offline 55chevr

Re: Herbert-Evernham Streamliner
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2013, 06:49:00 PM »
I would think that first there would have to be a car before you need a driver.  These race teams use other people's money for their projects.   They race for a living not as most here do.   Who sponsors land speed?

Joe

Offline kiwi belly tank

« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2013, 07:26:02 PM »
I've never given a crap about the who's who in racing but I'd like to see it get to the salt & show us what they've got.
The salt has humbled a lot of people.
  Sid.

Offline JC Sparks

• www.JCSPARKS1.com
« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2013, 07:36:20 PM »
 We raced against her many times in the 80's and 90's. We had a few run-ins with her, but thats racing. I for one would not underestimate her.  JC
Nitromethane is liquid heroin.

Offline jimmy six

« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2013, 09:39:52 PM »
We were not her audience. Women who just happen to be listening were. I thought it funny that she thought Erica was the end all for NHRA. I root for her every time she shows up but I have no idea if she is " the best there ever was in the game".

I just wonder how Shirley will handle going 125 mph since she "special". After all we loose a drivers license # after every few years......she should be down to an "F" about now.

First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2013, 01:36:46 AM »
Jimmy,

We have had Women show up at Bonneville during an SCTA event having never driven a high speed race vehicle and get in the 200mph club and enter the 3 club chapter at the same event..

Offline rouse

• Impound is the place to be
« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2013, 08:53:43 AM »
We were not her audience. Women who just happen to be listening were. I thought it funny that she thought Erica was the end all for NHRA. I root for her every time she shows up but I have no idea if she is " the best there ever was in the game".

That ain't exactly what she said about Erica. She was ask about racing mindset, that's when she picked Erica, and I happen to agree with that assessment. Erica lives, breaths, thinks racing 24/7,

She is a pure racer and that is usually the downfall of most racers that want to race professionally. She's very good at racing, but not so good at being a promoter or getting advertizing on the side of the car. The exact opposite of Danica Patrick, She's a promoter that wants to race, She brings in megabucks to her racing enterprise, but as far as I'm concerned, shouldn't be allowed on a race track in competition.

Rouse 
Johnnie Rouse
Bike 4680 P-PP2000 SCTA record 153.325    A-PF3000 182.920
                              Texas Mile 152.518 PP class  186 A-PF Class
If you love your freedom thank a vet.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2013, 09:24:33 AM »
Rouse, Rouse my man--I am not a Danica fan per se---but man she deserves to be there every much as Jr.and many others ---lots of others  IMO YMMV--- bringing your own sponsor dollars have bought more a ride than talent alone  it takes both  Bell cuvre applies  lol   !!!!!!

the Old Saying still applies---You want to go fast, how much money are you willing to spend?

---for the most part to be competive you have to have good parts to win usually you have to have good parts and a well researched program.

Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline rouse

« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2013, 12:00:12 PM »
Rouse, Rouse my man--I am not a Danica fan per se---but man she deserves to be there every much as Jr.

If so they both need to step up their programs on the track, her much, much more than him.

Erica on the other hand, has what it takes on the track, just not in the pocket book. With a well funded operation like the two above have, she'd be hell to run against.

Additionally, just for the record, my favorite Pro Stock Drivers are Alan Johnson and Mike Edwards. My agreeing with Shirley on Erica is based on my opinion of her as a pure racer, and Shirley was right, She has what it takes.

Rouse   
Johnnie Rouse

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
« Reply #38 on: September 04, 2013, 02:39:20 PM »
....... Danica Patrick, She's a promoter that wants to race, She brings in megabucks to her racing enterprise, but as far as I'm concerned, shouldn't be allowed on a race track in competition.  Rouse 

They moved her to Cup way too soon.  Those cars according to the drivers themselves are much harder to to get a handle on than even the nationwide or trucks.  She had some very respectable runs in Nationwide on the road courses. 

Are you also saying that all the guys that run Danica should also not 'be allowed on a race track in competition'?  I wonder why people have so much problem with her vs. a lot of others that have been in Cup rides and never performed,

Sum

Offline rouse

« Reply #39 on: September 04, 2013, 06:03:05 PM »
All I'm saying is That I think Shirley would do just fine in a streamliner on the salt, and that Danica would make a bigger splash in NHRA if money wasn't the issue.

Rouse
Johnnie Rouse

Offline desotoman

« Reply #40 on: September 04, 2013, 07:34:37 PM »

Doug says "the car is about 80% done right now, and they still hope to have it done and ready for next year."

Tom G.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline racefanwfo

• jenks worlds fastest pitbull
« Reply #41 on: September 04, 2013, 07:59:18 PM »
I think that the turbinator II is going to put the wheel driven record out of reach of the piston driven streamliners. They need to hurry up or they are going to be left out in the cold. Same goes for the NAE if he does not try for the record soon either BLOODHOUND or the AUSSIE INVADER are going to put the record out of reach of the NAE. I also heard that since the NAE does not have a roll cage the FIM will not clear the car to run for the record.
The speed that you wish to achieve is only limited by the depth of your wallet.

Offline desotoman

« Reply #42 on: September 04, 2013, 08:00:54 PM »

We have had Women show up at Bonneville during an SCTA event having never driven a high speed race vehicle and get in the 200mph club and enter the 3 club chapter at the same event..

I think one was with Joe Law and Grumpy Old Men, and I think her name was Tricia Kisner.

Tom G.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 08:14:26 PM by desotoman »
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline John Noonan

« Reply #43 on: September 04, 2013, 10:54:37 PM »

I think one was with Joe Law and Grumpy Old Men, and I think her name was Tricia Kisner.

Tom G.

Yep....

Offline John Noonan

« Reply #44 on: September 04, 2013, 10:56:58 PM »
I think that the turbinator II is going to put the wheel driven record out of reach of the piston driven streamliners. They need to hurry up or they are going to be left out in the cold. Same goes for the NAE if he does not try for the record soon either BLOODHOUND or the AUSSIE INVADER are going to put the record out of reach of the NAE. I also heard that since the NAE does not have a roll cage the FIM will not clear the car to run for the record.

I am sure the FIM will not let them run.. :-D FIA might not either... :wink: