Author Topic: Should I expect a "tube", packet, or anything like that?  (Read 3818 times)

Offline SteveM

Should I expect a "tube", packet, or anything like that?
« on: August 29, 2013, 09:48:50 AM »
Just curious - should I be watching the mail for a racer's packet of any type for WOS, or is it more of a "show up and check in when you get there" kind of deal?

I know my registration check has been cashed, and I have my USFRA membership card and paperwork, just wondering out loud if I might be missing anything.

Steve.
1/2 of the Rampage Brothers

Offline USFRAMONTE

Re: Should I expect a "tube", packet, or anything like that?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2013, 10:00:40 AM »
Steve,
All you need to do is show up and the folks in registration will have all your information. Just get in line
for tech inspection and you will be good to go.
Look forward to meeting you and sending you away from the starting line.
Monte.

Offline SteveM

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2013, 11:07:22 AM »
...and I am really looking forward to being there and meeting you as well, Monte.

The excitement is running high - almost to the scary level.  Even setting foot on the salt flats during an LSR event has been a lifelong dream for me - bringing my own race vehicle elevates it that much higher.

See you in 8 days.

Steve.

Offline trimmers

• Jeff in Boise
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2013, 06:29:22 PM »
Actually, if you join USFRA you do get a packet (not a tube) with an embroidered patch and a few other odds 'n ends, along with the newsletter.  However, you have to join early in the year to get it.
------------- 1 of just 3 in all 3  -------------
USFRA 130 MPH Club 09/18/2008 136.757
USFRA 150 MPH Club 09/17/2009 152.162
Bonneville 200 MPH Club 09/15/2019 218.600
Best Run: 253.080 MPH 09/14/2019 #6556

Offline Dakin Engineering

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2013, 06:42:05 PM »
Did you send in all the forms with your entry?
Medical, announcer's, etc.
If not, the lovely ladies will point you to the Table.
It holds all forms and a place to sit and fill them out.

When you turn in all forms, then you get your goodies.

Sam
USFRA since '01
Turbo Sportsters since '97

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2013, 07:42:57 PM »
Sam, you mentioned the announcer's sheet, and I thank you for the reminder.  That is -- lots of folks don't fill out the information sheet for the announcer to use.  Go ahead and do it, folks.  When you're in line and next up -- Ron Christensen, the radio announcer, reads those sheets about you, your crew, your sponsors (including, if you're  smart butt like me and others, putting down "Social Security or MasterCard as a sponsor), your past records, and so on.  Giving him all of the information you can is good -- it makes for more entertaining listening for the folks that can hear the radio - and this time, better listening for the internet audience, too.

Make it legible, too.  Don't fill it out with hen scratching - take the time to make it easy to read, PLEASE.  Too many times he's been stumped by some sloppy penmanship and missed being able to say something that you might think was important.

He takes those sheets, puts them in entry number order, and punches for a three ring binder and puts 'em in that binder along with a copy of your registration sheet.   With all of that information he'll be able to tell the audience lots of good stuff about you.  If you really do have a sponsor that would like to at least hear his name or company being mentioned (they, too, can listen on the internet audio stream) -- that sponsor will be tickled pink that you got him a name mention on the Internet. Wow -- and that oughta make next years' sponsorship easier for you.

To sum it all up:  Please fill out the radio announcer's information sheet and submit it with your entry - or at registration.  Thanks (from me, but really from Ron C.)
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2013, 11:14:25 PM »
All of the forms are on line, can be typed in and printed.  Then your handwriting will not be called into question.
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline SteveM

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2013, 08:35:36 AM »
I turned in all my medical, drivers, and information forms (handwritten), have my membership "kit" with membership card, patch, and related documents.

That's a good idea about downloading the forms and filling them in on the computer.  I should be able to re-do those documents before next weekend to have a fresh set for the announcers.

Steve.