Author Topic: BUB 2013  (Read 40966 times)

Offline Chris V

Re: BUB 2013
« Reply #90 on: September 04, 2013, 06:34:09 PM »
We had a good time also Jimbo. My wife was able to get 10 runs in including return runs for 3 records  :cheers: won't know till we see it in official results. Chris & sandy " Vetter Velocity with Team Tracy"
1972 Yamaha R5  350cc

Offline RacerX9623

« Reply #91 on: September 04, 2013, 07:10:05 PM »
This was my second year at BUB.I had a great time. It is always an amazing thing to see the salt flats. I am planning on going back next year. To me the highlight was Dan Parker going 55 mph.
trying to go 200 KPH with a 250cc four stroke.

Offline racefanwfo

• jenks worlds fastest pitbull
« Reply #92 on: September 04, 2013, 07:48:45 PM »
No one stepped up like we had in previous years - so that's why there wasn't a Bub's 2013 topic.  I now realise I should have put one there anyway -- and those folks out at the event would have had a place to post stuff.  Sorry.

As for the 322 run -- I heard that was the Bub #7 bike.  The Ack Attack wasn't at the Bub event.

I was the one that started this thread hoping that people would post there pictures and thoughts about the event. some did and some did not. oh well you can't blame me for trying. Just to add i am just a fan and it seems that the first few years of the bub event everyone was happy with it and now it has fallen by the wayside. i will also say that the bub website does not seem to be updated as often as it should. just my 2 cents.
The speed that you wish to achieve is only limited by the depth of your wallet.

Offline Old Scrambler

• Going Fast - Slowly
« Reply #93 on: September 04, 2013, 10:31:00 PM »
Observations from Wisconsin..............We had a great time and wonderful success after overcoming a few tech problems and tuning a new motor. Yes, the lines were long for the Mountain Course and the loss of the radio communication on Tuesday should not happen, but we got 7 runs in during 2.5 days including tearing down the motor for final tech on our record in 250cc MPS-PG. We met a lot of new friends and began to drive to the boat-landing when the rains came.

I was at BUB in 2009 and 2011. This year I observed more spectators. Everyone wants to see the streamliners run, but they take up some run time from others. The RWB riders tend to waste time by running the entire 2-5 miles. I suggest a flagged and groomed turn-out at the 3.75 area which nearly all riders at 125 mph or less could use. 

The test area was easily found and I made good use of it..........5 plug-chop runs.......but it could be marked........and was later confusing because of the blind riders.  Most of the volunteers were GREAT but one or two were a little confused on Sunday and Monday AM.  The replacement radio announcing was poor in the beginning but steadily improved.

I don't know what the actual attendance was, but it looked good. Yes, the wind caused a few problems, and the rain cancelled the late runs, but we made the best of it and have no complaints. My strongest suggestion is to start a support group to encourage more volunteers.........even if its for part-time to give the others a break. I also suggest a pit-steward (well marked hat or cart) to keep guest parking in order. At one point we could not leave the pits at the usual place because of parked vehicles. I also observed non-participants driving a vehicle between the pits and tech area.

We will be back next year and two of my pit crew will also be participating with bikes of their own. If we all encourage others to participate, I'm sure Denis and his crew will continue to develop the staff and properly promote the event. The courses were well groomed and by Wednesday AM the salt was the best I've seen since 2009. I truly hope to see all of you in 2014 and BRING A FRIEND :cheers:   
2011 AMA Record - 250cc M-PG TRIUMPH Tiger Cub - 82.5 mph
2013 AMA Record - 250cc MPS-PG TRIUMPH Tiger Cub - 88.7 mph
2018 AMA Record - 750cc M-CG HONDA CB750 sohc - 136.6 mph
2018 AMA Record - 750cc MPS-CG HONDA CB750 sohc - 143.005 mph
2018 AMA Record - 750cc M-CF HONDA CB750 sohc - 139.85 mph
2018 AMA Record - 750cc MPS-CF HONDA CB750 sohc - 144.2025 mph

Chassis Builder / Tuner: Dave Murre

Offline jeffb

« Reply #94 on: November 21, 2013, 04:09:42 PM »
Can someone point me towards the results/AMA records from 2013 BUB?

Offline Chris V

« Reply #95 on: November 21, 2013, 08:03:14 PM »
jeffb:  go to Bub Rules forum one this same site 5th item down "Records are up" 1st page as a link to AMA Records site.   Chris of Vetter Velocity
1972 Yamaha R5  350cc