Author Topic: rear spoiler  (Read 1476 times)

Offline wheelrdealer

• D/CBGALT
    • WHEELRDEALER RACING
rear spoiler
« on: August 18, 2013, 06:45:06 PM »
I know this topic has been hashed out several times. I read a bunch of the threads on this topic but I did not find the an answer to my question.

Weight in most cases is better than spoilers and I have built in weight adjustments on all four corners.  Weight is not my question.

As I rebuild the 2100 I have a few options on read spoilers. The car came with a spoiler that we ran at Maxton but is chord was 1 1/2" to wide for SCTA. picture 1

The second spoiler we ran at Bonneville set as 4 degrees, picture 2. It is the configuration without spill plates. The car ran straight but at around 190 MPH is starts to sash-shea.   

The third option, picture 3, 4, is one I just mocked up. I have a question:

#1, the spill plates follow the trunk line which tapers 1 1/4" from the front to back. Will the taper have any effect on handling?

Your thoughts and opinions are greatly appreciated.

BR

ECTA    Maxton D/CGALT  Record Holder 167.522
ECTA    Maxton D/CBGALT Record Holder 166.715

WWW.WHEELRDEALER2100.COM

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
Re: rear spoiler
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2013, 06:55:16 PM »
this is a GUESS as to what might happen :-D

if it  wiggles you are going to be turning on of the low pressures off an the other will be magnified---could help---my guess would be a slithering snakey a$$ buick
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!