Author Topic: BUB 2013  (Read 2119 times)

Offline comet

BUB 2013
« on: September 09, 2013, 05:12:02 AM »
Well I have just arrived back home (and back to work) from our trip to this years BUB event.
What a great time we had.
Thank you to all of you racers that passed through mile 1 mountain. We really enjoyed meeting you all. The level of respect and professionalism beteween you all never fails to impress and reward me.

nuff respec' as they say. It made the 12+ working hour days all worth while.

regards
John and Dawn
Mountain 1

Offline peterdallan

Re: BUB 2013
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2013, 06:38:23 AM »
Hi John and Dawn

Great to meet you both. I've had nothing but withdrawal symptoms since I arrived back in the UK, and now the rain has returned, just to add to my mood of discontent.

Thanks very much to both of you for showing me the way so well, this being my first time. It all want very smoothly, would be nice if we could shorten the queues a bit next time, know that isn't your fault!

Hopefully we will catch up again soon

Regards

Peter

Offline comet

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2013, 09:28:32 AM »
I think the queues may only get longer as it's popularity grows. Maybe a third course eventually???
Yes, I know the feeling. I find myself going to travelsupermarket already to check flights for next year.

You had a very good first attempt though Peter, it is a shame that the weather gods played unfreindly cards towards the end of the week, but at least it was the end of the week and not half way through. I imagine the salt would have been fine again 2 days later.

It was a pleasure working with you and the team Peter. Dawn and I really did enjoy your company. It would be great to see some of the film etc that you took.

Thank you.

There was enough UK entrants there this year to have a big get together over here  :-D

Offline Old Scrambler

• Going Fast - Slowly
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2013, 09:35:59 PM »
You guys were GREAT :cheers:

BTW.......I still have the beer that you never stopped for at our pit. I'll bring a fresh batch next year :lol:

My little Triumph Cub enjoyed your company...........and will be back to try to raise the records.  I really believe there's a 96-mph run just waiting to happen. :wink:
2011 AMA Record - 250cc M-PG TRIUMPH Tiger Cub - 82.5 mph
2013 AMA Record - 250cc MPS-PG TRIUMPH Tiger Cub - 88.7 mph
2018 AMA Record - 750cc M-CG HONDA CB750 sohc - 136.6 mph
2018 AMA Record - 750cc MPS-CG HONDA CB750 sohc - 143.005 mph
2018 AMA Record - 750cc M-CF HONDA CB750 sohc - 139.85 mph
2018 AMA Record - 750cc MPS-CF HONDA CB750 sohc - 144.2025 mph

Chassis Builder / Tuner: Dave Murre

Offline comet

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2013, 02:20:14 AM »
yeah, sorry about that. We were pretty busy down there and never really got a chance for a wander round the pits. Well, not until the Thursday, but that doesnt really count.

That 96 will be there for you to take next year. Next year will be even faster!

If we can make it over again, then we will defintaly drop by and chat with you.

:-D

I am looking forward to seeing the updated record lists on BUB website. There should be a lot of higher numbers after this year.

John