Author Topic: Any interest in a "yearbook"  (Read 6776 times)

Jessechop

Any interest in a "yearbook"
« on: August 17, 2013, 09:58:20 AM »
Still in the planning stages on this one awating permissions and what not but would there be any intrest in a yearbook/photo book showcasing the current race year?

They would cost about $25 for softcover and about $35 for hard cover and  $7 for shipping in the US, probably a few bucks more for those outside of the US. They would be full color, 50 pages or so. They will include pictures, car/driver/team bios, plus much more.

If this is somthing that intrests you, let me know. If it seems worthy I will move ahead. And speak up if there is somthing you want to see, thoughts, etc.

Offline Gary Perkinson

Re: Any interest in a "yearbook"
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2013, 11:04:05 AM »
I would buy one. Another idea would be a full-color 2014 calendar using 2013 photos--I've always thought SCTA should do that with Speed Week...

Gary
LTA   G/BGALT Record (1 mile)     143.313
LTA   G/BGALT Record (1.5 mile)  148.321
LTA   F/PRO Record (1 mile)         114.668

Jessechop

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2013, 11:17:00 AM »
Thanks for the response. Calenders is actually on the board too. The printing company I am working with can do that also. I suppose with enough interest I could do a calender/year book package

Offline jacksoni

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2013, 04:33:08 PM »
I would buy one. Another idea would be a full-color 2014 calendar using 2013 photos--I've always thought SCTA should do that with Speed Week...

Gary
SCTA doesn't (that I know of-could be wrong here) but there is one:

http://www.bonneville-calendar.com/Welcome.html

Even had my car in it once! :cheers:
Jack Iliff
 G/BGS-250.235 1987
 G/GC- 193.550 2021
  G/FAlt- 193.934 2021 (196.033 best)
 G/GMS-182.144 2019

Offline gofast

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2013, 06:48:16 PM »
It's a great idea Jesse. I would buy one.
Marcia
Bonneville is proof that God loves us and wants us to go fast.

Offline aut0m4tic

• New folks
Re: Re: Any interest in a "yearbook"
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2013, 07:51:29 PM »
I'll buy one!

Offline Frank06

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2013, 08:09:13 PM »
Sounds like a good idea Jess, go for it!
E-Racer

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2013, 09:47:43 PM »
Not trying to rain on the parade... there were 530 entries g/t a few.  So is every vehicle in yearbook?  No...  just the record setters maybe...170 or so.  "They will include pictures, car/driver/team bios, plus much more."
That is a lot for fifty pages, even in full color.

We have a yearbook... sort of.  Its called the program, free with membership.

I am sure you will sell a book to the ones you put in it...
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Jessechop

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2013, 07:24:13 AM »
Not trying to rain on the parade... there were 530 entries g/t a few.  So is every vehicle in yearbook?  No...  just the record setters maybe...170 or so.  "They will include pictures, car/driver/team bios, plus much more."
That is a lot for fifty pages, even in full color.

We have a yearbook... sort of.  Its called the program, free with membership.

I am sure you will sell a book to the ones you put in it...

Thanks for your insight. Loring had right around 125 entries for the July event and will have somewhere around 75 for the fall event. Many of which ran the July event. LTA has no membership fee, just pay to race. So Iam not sure where the SCTA entries and membership comes into play.

I will try and put all who meet the following criteria:

A: raced at Loring in 2013
B: fill out the bio form

I can make it 100 pages, but the price will go up. I am making nothing off these, just thought I would do it to give those who I race with some sort of a memoir. It was mentioned to me over a bench racing session and figured I would give it a shot.

Stop by next time you are up, perhaps you can give me some pointers on making things like this work. I mean that in 100% sincerity too. I am new to this and just trying to help out fellow racers

Offline roadracer

• TLN Motorsports/KWS/Brock's/DCW/Vortex/WWB
    • TLN Motorsports
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2013, 09:14:10 AM »
I'm in.  Be happy to help you out in any way If I can.
2006 Kawasaki ZX-6rr (Worlds Fastest standing mile and 1.5 mile)
2008 Kawasaki ZX-10R (4 200 MPH Clubs)
2008 Kawasaki EX-250R (Multiple ECTA and LTA records)
131 Land Speed Records set since 2008
125 Land Speed Racing records (including 3 Worlds Fastest Speeds) set since 2008.

Jessechop

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2013, 09:22:27 AM »
And for anyone else, this is what I am looking for you from you folks:

A team bio to include:
Team Name, and if it is a odd name how it came about. If you are Jon Doe and you have "Doe racing", well that's explanatory. Now if you are Jon Doe and it is "Widget Racing" tell us why, please, lol.

Driver, age, location, years racing, years land speed racing, hobbies, quirks, intrests

Crew Chief/Crew. Who, where, when, what they bring to the team, years involved in mootorsports, with your team, hobbies and so on. Yes, your crew chief having a odd obsession with stores that sell yarn is relevant. I want people to get a peek of the people behind the machine and there life outside of racing.

The car/bike. What is it, what class did it run at Loring (2013), records (everywhere), motor size, trans, etc. You can say it is a 330 c.i. small block, or you can get right involved down to the torque you used on the rod bolts. Plans for the future

Photos, send all of the pictures you want to me. I would like a picture of each crew member but understand if that isn't possible. If you do send crew pictures make sure you tell me who is in each picture. File naming would be best, when you save the picture save the picture of Jack Flash as jackflash or jflash even.

Tell me what you want to tell me. Write your own book if you want. I am not going to print every word you tell me. I will pick what we like and write it from there. If you want to give it to me in Sept in person that would be fine, however I prefer the photos in digital format if at all possible.

You can email me the info to: jessechop@yahoo.com

I will start accepting payments at the Harvest Event. I will not be ordering extras, only those pre ordered. I will post more on order time when I know more, but roughly speaking the orders will end Oct18th.I will be able to accept paypal, cash, check, money order, gold bars, certified angus beef and Tradewinds sweet tea as forms of payment. All correspondence will need to be turned is as soon as you can. No later than Sept 30th, please!

More to follow....

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2013, 02:01:33 PM »
Jessie, oops... I am a little banged up and didn't notice where this thread was... my bad... for the other than the salt venues it is probably not that large of a scope to include all.  So I reverse my rain and hold out the umbrella for you to do books... it is a good thing...
Stainless
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Jessechop

« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2013, 02:33:30 PM »
Jessie, oops... I am a little banged up and didn't notice where this thread was... my bad... for the other than the salt venues it is probably not that large of a scope to include all.  So I reverse my rain and hold out the umbrella for you to do books... it is a good thing...
Stainless

LOL, gotcha. No harm by any means

Jessechop

« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2013, 08:26:47 AM »
Should be able to fill this out and email it to me. You can print it and fill it out and give it to me at the Harvest event. Either or, tell me what you want to tell me. From basic info to life stories, its up to you!

Offline greencar

• greencar
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2013, 10:42:15 PM »
I'm in. Had a great time at 2012 harvest event. Happy to support the LTA.
See you next week.
Ed