Author Topic: C/AIR Roadsters  (Read 9719 times)

Offline Stan Back

C/AIR Roadsters
« on: August 16, 2013, 10:27:19 PM »
What's this crap about steel bodies for the Compressed/AIR Roadsters?  I hate the non-compliance fiberglass bodies, but Geez!  How about '60's air in the tires?  The whole thing's a joke anyway.

Congratulations to the newest, youngest and best-looking Roadster record-holder -- Madeline(sp?) Carlson in the Marianis' car.  That ought to keep the Studebakers and Packards in the garages.

By the way, they're still, and always have been, legal to run in B, C, and D Roadster any way.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline 4-barrel Mike

• Any fool can drive a V8
Re: C/AIR Roadsters
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2013, 11:01:33 PM »
I almost fell out of my chair, I laughed so hard, when Harold said that she was 16-years old and had had her driver's license for ten days.

Mike
Mike Kelly - PROUD owner of the V4F that powered the #1931 VGC to a 82.803 mph record in 2008!

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2013, 11:37:37 AM »
Speaking of C/AIRs . . .

I'd bet that the Marianis' has more than 150 MPH in it.  And Cummins, Beck & Davidson have a BBC in theirs.  Neither appeared to opt for a Nash V-8.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline dw230

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2013, 09:59:49 PM »
Two AIR entered at Speed Week, Beck, etc., did not impound. Larry Volk has a hemi lined up for the #59 car. 1000 less 3 equates to a missing 997 entries.

DW
White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline edinlr

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2013, 03:30:47 PM »
I am cheering for the 16 year old girl that got this record too, what a great way to enter the sport.

What is the difference between a C/AIR and a gas roadster?  I don't see much other than electronic ignition and injection and the obvious older engine components.  Shouldn't this class be able to run 200+  with a serious motor?  The only issue I see is getting someone to port those ancient cylinder heads instead of buying the latest off the rack heads.  In the late 70's there were a lot of BBC pro stock motors running in this displacement range and I am thinking they were nudging around 900 hp.  Simple, just order that $25,000+ motor and go collect a record.
Honda CX650 turbo, Kawasaki H2 Ninja, Kawasaki ZX750 turbo

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2013, 04:08:50 PM »
That isn't what it was intended for -- but you got the answer.  It ain't gonna bring the old guys outta those musty old garages.  Great idea, just ain't how it's working out.  You aren't the only one who figured it out.

Offline mtkawboy

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2013, 04:12:57 PM »
Could someone loan me $25000, you guys talk like its chump change ?   :cheers:

Offline RichFox

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2013, 04:37:26 PM »
I have a Lincoln that fits the rules and spirit of the class. And I have a roadster. Don't think they will be joining up though.

Offline Freud

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2013, 01:45:31 PM »
Proposed rule change for 2014 in AIR class would exclude you.

Your garage is too clean.

FREUD
Since '63