Author Topic: Salty Box racing how did they do ?  (Read 2549 times)

Offline Chevazon

• New folks
Salty Box racing how did they do ?
« on: August 16, 2013, 11:03:17 AM »
Hi guys just wondering how Big Tim did in the 622 car after I heard he had some problems with the truck. I have been on the road without wifi so havent been following their progress.
Chers

Offline SteveM

Re: Salty Box racing how did they do ?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2013, 11:47:14 AM »
Disclaimer - this information is not official!

I'm not sure if the SCTA website results are 100% complete, but unofficial reports indicate that they are the new record holders in B/DT.  Their Saturday times are posted (179.xxx mph) , but I wasn't able to see the results of a backup run on Sunday.

Tim reported that they backed it up on Sunday morning.  Perhaps the results just didn't get entered onto the SCTA website page for results.
1/2 of the Rampage Brothers

Offline RidgeRunner

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2013, 02:40:45 PM »

........I'm not sure if the SCTA website results are 100% complete, ........

A good probability.  In the past if a competitor was going to make more runs after setting a record and going through everything in impound except the displacement check they were given the option of having the eng sealed and the check made at the completion of all runs.  This saved both the competitor and inspection team time in the short term, especially early in the week when everyone was still busy and needed it.  A single final check was done later when everything was less hectic.  In our case a few years ago the inspector strongly suggested this course for mutual benefit.  Reason says nothing gets entered into the record logs until this inspection has been completed and it might take a bit of time to get all the record entries organized and into the books officially.

I have also been watching for a couple of entries to show up officially after having gotten reports of record performances from reliable sources.

Systems might always be tweaked for the better but today's is light years ahead of back in the day.  For that I am thankful for all the time and effort the many volunteers put into the improvements and making it all happen.

Ed

Offline bigtim44

• NaCl addict
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2013, 04:50:22 PM »
We managed to qualify on the record with a 179.215 mph run,then backed it up on sunday morning with a 176 and change run.
As mentioned earlier,we had the engine sealed and didn't certify it until thursday.
We also tried a different turbo setup which didn't pan out.
Also had to put a new lower shaft in the quickchange as I snapped the original one on sunday late afternoon.
cheers
Tim

Salty Box Racing #622 B/DT

Offline kiwi belly tank

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2013, 12:17:52 AM »
Sorry to hear the "wizbang" setup from those guys didn't perform as well as your home grown stuff.... or am I Mate. :evil:
Do you get to keep it?
  Sid.

Offline Tman

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2013, 10:29:34 AM »
Congrats Tim.  :cheers: