Author Topic: Water Pump and Fuel Pump- Mechanical or Electrical  (Read 2722 times)

Offline NostalgiaFunny Car

• New folks
Water Pump and Fuel Pump- Mechanical or Electrical
« on: August 11, 2013, 10:53:27 AM »
Hi,
I'm a newbie to LSR.....been drag racing for many years.....

Here's my question: Is it typical to run mechanical water pumps and fuel pumps for LSR applications?

I will have to run a power steering pump and alternator, and possibly a vacuum pump, off the crank. It's a 600 HP small block chevy.

Please let me know what has worked for you.

Thanks!!
Mike L.

Offline jimmy six

Re: Water Pump and Fuel Pump- Mechanical or Electrical
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2013, 10:20:17 PM »
Yes......and no....nothing is typical for LSR. Some like elect water pumps so they can leave it on after a run to cool down without running the engine to read the plugs. Mechanical FP's are less trouble not needing the same safety requirements than electrics....good luck
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2013, 06:58:50 PM »
I run mechanical pumps for better internal pressure and mechanical fuel pumps  you may want to run a water line to the head between the two exhaust valves
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline robfrey

• carbinitelsr
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2013, 11:25:02 PM »
Mechanical water pump as they can move much more water and exchange it though the block more often for more even engine temps. Fuel pump does not matter much
496 BGS
carbinitelsr.com
carbiniteracing.com
carbinite.com