Author Topic: SpeedWeek 2013 - the event  (Read 494410 times)

stwheeler

Re: SpeedWeek 2013 - the event
« Reply #690 on: August 19, 2013, 10:08:05 PM »
Don't know how to get there from the link you posted.  Join Facebook?  Nah!

I'm with you Stan. While there are a few things like this that I might enjoy I don't have to know everything about what all my "friends" are doing. I don't like TV either and the trend to "reality shows" makes it even worse. Why do so many people feel that everything they do is interesting and the whole world should know about it?

Guess this is what happens after you reach a certain age!

Pete

Amen

Offline 1212FBGS

• http://www.motobody.com
« Reply #691 on: August 19, 2013, 10:13:49 PM »
Thank you to everyone who volunteered to make the 65th SpeedWeek a great event!

Question: why is 1 1/2" chrome-moly tubing considered inferior to 1 5/8" mild steel?

See you at World Finals!
James LaMere
Denver, CO

BTW: I will be doing some engineering studies on the 1 1/2" vs 1 5/8" tubing so if any one has any questions or comments PM me over the next few weeks.

I was crewing on XsStress @ Bonneville '32 Ford so no time for posts. CW & CCW spins @ 217 and a final pass @ 233. Not bad for a little deuce coupe!  :-o

I will put some pixs up later and will also be at BUB, WoS and Top Speed. Shoulda moved to Utah this year!  :-D

Hey Woody..... the SCTA guys are keepin me on and wont let me off the trailer due to the tubing issue.... i could use some help and sent ya a PM.... thanks Kent

Offline Hot Rod Lincoln

• F/GC Record Holder 164.845
« Reply #692 on: August 20, 2013, 12:49:33 AM »
Son't know how to get there from the link you posted.  Join Facebook?  Nah!

News flash..... Stan you have over 3,000 posts, this is your FB.    :-o

Jon

Offline JonAmo

« Reply #693 on: August 20, 2013, 03:09:50 AM »
A dedicated lane for "motorcycles only" would resolve most of the track condition safety issues for the bikes. With 2 serious bike crashes this year, SCTA should seriously consider this option, especially considering the large number of bikes being entered in this event nowadays.

Simple solution!

]

What does a bike lane solve? I gather nothing since they are still running on the same track... Its just another lane and doesn't solve anything. I don't get your rational. Maybe you can elaborate? If ANY rider doesn't like what he/she see's he/she is not obligated to go down the course. I have seen riders wait their turn and move themselves out of line because they did not like what they see, conditions etc. Kinda like the throttle works both ways.
I do not want any special treatment, I want to run with the cars just as it is, when its my turn to go, the track is mine and I can be anywhere I want on the course. It is part of the Bonneville experience, passion, history and the running with all my hero's of the salt. 

Jon
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 03:17:21 AM by JonAmo »

Offline zurferjoe

• New folks
« Reply #694 on: August 20, 2013, 04:11:12 AM »
Well, well -- a new record -- 40, count 'em 40 - private rental toilets.  Wow :-o :-o

What record are they going for ??

Offline RansomT

« Reply #695 on: August 20, 2013, 06:35:49 AM »
Son't know how to get there from the link you posted.  Join Facebook?  Nah!

And if folks actually knew just how much info Facebook gathers on where they go on the internet (grabs cookies) and sells to overseas companies, they would think twice about joining.   And folks wonder where does all that junk email come from .....

Offline JamesLaMere

• WoS'07
« Reply #696 on: August 20, 2013, 12:14:32 PM »
Agree with other comments that Facebook is Evil; but its Easy to use. I take photographs which I GIVE to the car/bike owners. I post a link after events so people can contact me for their photos. I'd have preferred to post them in the photo section here, but can't figure out how it works 'cause I have a learning disability. If someone showed me how, I could. 'Nuff said.

Have a good year all, done posting here ('til after SW'14).
James LaMere
Denver, CO

Offline joea

« Reply #697 on: August 20, 2013, 12:22:29 PM »
""Well, well -- a new record -- 40, count 'em 40 - private rental toilets.  Wow 
""

Hmmm.... one for each spin...?

Offline 8pack

« Reply #698 on: August 20, 2013, 01:06:11 PM »
Sounds like they are going to releases me from the hospital tomorrow :cheers: They pulled the drain tube from my lung, no more O2 needed and I am walking without a walker today. Thank you for the prayers and wishes. Looking forward to getting home. My understanding is that the bike is still in very good condition. Thanks again.
Redline is a Goal. Not a limit.

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #699 on: August 20, 2013, 01:16:31 PM »
Hoping you have a speedy recovery. :cheers:
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline wheelrdealer

• D/CBGALT
    • WHEELRDEALER RACING
« Reply #700 on: August 20, 2013, 02:58:40 PM »
Those are two thoughts I don't want to put together...imagine spinning a Honey Bucket! That would define a "Nasty Spin."

""Well, well -- a new record -- 40, count 'em 40 - private rental toilets.  Wow 
""

Hmmm.... one for each spin...?

ECTA    Maxton D/CGALT  Record Holder 167.522
ECTA    Maxton D/CBGALT Record Holder 166.715

WWW.WHEELRDEALER2100.COM

Offline wheelrdealer

• D/CBGALT
    • WHEELRDEALER RACING
« Reply #701 on: August 20, 2013, 03:01:06 PM »

Wishing you a speedy recovery. The fact that you are thinking about the condition of your bike I a good sign.

BR

Sounds like they are going to releases me from the hospital tomorrow :cheers: They pulled the drain tube from my lung, no more O2 needed and I am walking without a walker today. Thank you for the prayers and wishes. Looking forward to getting home. My understanding is that the bike is still in very good condition. Thanks again.
ECTA    Maxton D/CGALT  Record Holder 167.522
ECTA    Maxton D/CBGALT Record Holder 166.715

WWW.WHEELRDEALER2100.COM

Offline Finallygotit

« Reply #702 on: August 20, 2013, 03:29:38 PM »

Thanks for the update and hope you have a speedy recovery.  Glad to hear the bike is in good shape.
Dan
Tucson, AZ

Offline garys speed shop

« Reply #703 on: August 20, 2013, 04:36:21 PM »
Hey Ray the Rat and GH. I'm Gary Hart. I own the 8797 Ford T/O car.
 I bought the car in Jan. and all my friends jumped in the help go thru the car from front to back.
We did it so they all can get a chance at driving at Bonneville. Been coming the last 3 years to watch and couldn't stand it any more.
To say all you veterans and officials rolled out the white carpet would be an understatement.
The only bad part was the drive back to Ohio.
Thanks again.

Offline nrhs sales

« Reply #704 on: August 20, 2013, 05:07:04 PM »
Airtech Kent.
You know I am pretty sure you can run that bike at Bubs just the way it is.  Just sayin!!!