Author Topic: SpeedWeek 2013 - the event  (Read 494391 times)

Offline RayTheRat

• Just me and the camera
    • Ray the Rat's Chevy Asylum
Re: SpeedWeek 2013 - the event
« Reply #540 on: August 15, 2013, 05:29:45 PM »
Nice to finally meet you on the salt Jon, keep it straight up!

Lot's of new people following along this year... maybe a quick reminder/tutorial on how we can contribute would be useful?

Kix

Go to the top of the page and click on the "Donate" button.  Piece o' cake. 

And ya don't need to send a check to me...I have the same Donate setup on my main site: http://www.chevyasylum.com/Welcome.html

Thanks again to those who have been so helpful already,

Offline Hot Rod Lincoln

• F/GC Record Holder 164.845
« Reply #541 on: August 15, 2013, 05:33:30 PM »
I hve an all day meeting tomorrow and will not be able ot log on...so here is my 2 cents.

SCTA Volunteers, although the event is not as good from my vantage point this year, it still took a lot of work to put it on, keep the racing on the salt and keep our teams safe. Thank you.

Announcers, I appreciate your effort.
There are some good observations here to make your show more of what the LSR people seem to want. But I appreciate you doing your best. With all do respect, if I ever qualify for a record I will track down Glen where ever he is and offer to buy him the largest breakfast plate at the truck stop if he will record in my phone... "Mr. Reilly take it to impound."  No offense but he is the icon.

Been listening on and off this week at work. I too appreciate the effort. Our family is missing the salt this year.

Last year on Thursday Aug 16 at about 10:00 am I heard over race radio while headed down the chase road after my brother   "..... mile 3 Hot Rod Lincoln just ran a 165.423 on a 162.2 record. Hot Rod Lincoln you are clear to go to impound"  (It was our cars 4th full throttle run of the week)  It still puts a smile on my face.

Jon

Offline Saltfever

« Reply #542 on: August 15, 2013, 05:38:41 PM »
Did anyone else lose the stream. It has been good all morning and just a little bit ago it went away and it says its offline.
It was good all day yesterday with only 2 or 3 refreshes! Today I have had to refresh constantly starting around noon Utah time. There have been some very long breaks in commentary today and the silence appears to be a broken link which is not the case. I caught myself reaching for the refresh a couple of times but increased the sound to hear the background noise and it was still streaming.

Offline tf737sb

• #77 A/BFS J&S Racing
  • New folks
« Reply #543 on: August 15, 2013, 05:39:37 PM »
Ray-
 Saw the pic off 44 this afternoon, do your remember the speed?

Offline Gary Perkinson

« Reply #544 on: August 15, 2013, 05:48:04 PM »
Nice to finally meet you on the salt Jon, keep it straight up!

Lot's of new people following along this year... maybe a quick reminder/tutorial on how we can contribute would be useful?

Kix

Go to the top of the page and click on the "Donate" button.  Piece o' cake. 

And ya don't need to send a check to me...I have the same Donate setup on my main site: http://www.chevyasylum.com/Welcome.html

Thanks again to those who have been so helpful already,

Thanks for everything, Ray--I sent a little something your way. And Jon, you and this great site are next on my list...

Gary
LTA   G/BGALT Record (1 mile)     143.313
LTA   G/BGALT Record (1.5 mile)  148.321
LTA   F/PRO Record (1 mile)         114.668

Offline sodbuster

« Reply #545 on: August 15, 2013, 05:51:04 PM »
SSS, I tried to 'record' your run on my iPhone, but the 'stream' site kept crashing.
A Devil with A Hammer & Hell with A Torch

Offline RayTheRat

• Just me and the camera
« Reply #546 on: August 15, 2013, 05:51:19 PM »
Ray-
 Saw the pic off 44 this afternoon, do your remember the speed?

Man, after a week out here in the sun and fun I don't even remember if I got here this morning.

Offline RayTheRat

• Just me and the camera
« Reply #547 on: August 15, 2013, 06:10:38 PM »
While I'm waiting to see if the Turbinator and the Richmond & Stark liners are gonna run again, here are some photos I shot a little while ago. 

I'm not gonna look 'em up in the program, cuz it's 107 in the shade (if you can find any) here and I'm just burned out.

Offline maj

« Reply #548 on: August 15, 2013, 06:20:28 PM »
Is that the Flower of Scotlands first run ?

streaming is very intermittant again for me today  , appreciate all the updates here  :cheers:

Offline RayTheRat

• Just me and the camera
« Reply #549 on: August 15, 2013, 06:32:09 PM »
Is that the Flower of Scotlands first run ?

streaming is very intermittant again for me today  , appreciate all the updates here  :cheers:

Go here: http://www.scta-bni.org/Bonneville/SpeedWeek%202013/results_index.html and look for it in the run logs.  I thought I saw it earlier, but there's only one of me and for most of the week there have been 4 courses.

Offline RayTheRat

• Just me and the camera
« Reply #550 on: August 15, 2013, 06:36:07 PM »
Four more photos and I tink I'm gonna be outta here.  I've been told that the Turbinator has found some problems with fuel feed (I have no idea how true this is) and "might" run again in the morning.

I'll be out to see if the Speed Demon continues its string of "one way" runs and if anyone else can contend for the Hot Rod trophy.

Offline RZ350

« Reply #551 on: August 15, 2013, 06:53:51 PM »
PS  If you feel like offering $$ to the site for the coverage, what there's been of it -- I'll thank you.  And for sure -- send a buck or three to Ray the Rat.  Whether you send it directly to him (I guess by mail, in a check form) or to landracing.com by using Paypal -- I'll see to it that what you mark as his portion gets to him.  He has been working hard and deserves a good pat on the back - and one in the wallet - for the efforts.

Later - -

Sent a few dollars to you Jon, keep up the good work on this site, and go fast!!
238 MPH at Bonneville

Offline Dean Los Angeles

« Reply #552 on: August 15, 2013, 07:12:42 PM »
Dalton, Jackson & Mayer running A/BFS on Teague's 409 record ran a 364 at the 4 mile. No 5 mile speed. Long way to go.

Ran 382 in the 5 yesterday with a 369 in the 4.

It took Teague many years to hit 409.         
Well, it used to be Los Angeles . . . 50 miles north of Fresno now.
Just remember . . . It isn't life or death.
It's bigger than life or death! It's RACING.

Offline Jonny Hotnuts

« Reply #553 on: August 15, 2013, 07:19:04 PM »
Just an update on ME!!!!

As some know I took a wild ride a few days ago. They ran me into SLC and were about to let me go when the guy asked what happened and was told that I rolled a car at about 200. The guy freaked and said it is protocol for all high speed crashes to have a neck brace/board and then taken to the UU trauma center for evaluation regardless of symptoms.

They kept me strapped to that damn board all night. When the trauma team seen me, they said 'yeah, that guy really jumped the gun HA, HA, but better for them to be safe then sorry'.

Long story short, the car is a wreck.....oh well, it was time to build another.
I have some black eyes from the G-forces, and a few bruises but other then having an ugly (er) face, I am in good shape.

Thanks for all the well wishes and support from my friends. Also a huge thanks to the crash crew at the salt. I was back at work today, fixing all sorts of problems.

~JH

BTW:

I was reading here at LR.COM that Stainless was at UU getting checked and I was going to pop in with my dress on and say hello. Turns out he was quicker to the gate then I was and had already split..

jonny_hotnuts@hotmail.com

"Sometimes it is impossible to deal with her, but most of the time she is very sweet, and if you caress her properly she will sing beautifully."
*Andres Segovia
(when Im not working on the car, I am ususally playing classical guitar)

Offline Saltfever

« Reply #554 on: August 15, 2013, 07:21:13 PM »
(The Green Demon Sprint Car in Ray's photo above)

The Green Demon is Damion Gardner. T/O and he is trying to record 200mph which would become the world’s fastest sprint car. Licensing runs went fine but yesterday he spun near 200 . . . today same story. He says at the top end the front hooks a rut and then the rear hooks a different rut which starts the spin. I think it is the typical 410 SBC Sprint motor. One gear only with in-out box!  Will try again tomorrow morning.

Nice professional video.
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omkB-79eW3o&sns=em