Author Topic: SpeedWeek 2013 - the event  (Read 494371 times)

Offline RayTheRat

• Just me and the camera
    • Ray the Rat's Chevy Asylum
Re: SpeedWeek 2013 - the event
« Reply #525 on: August 15, 2013, 03:38:00 PM »
Richmond/Stark liner:  They'd had a few problems but told me they had 'em fixed.  They got it running on both motors with a pushoff and sounded really good.  They ran 231 on a licensing pass.  There's some question if that was the right speed for the license they were shooting for, but we'll have to wait for more info on that.

Photos:

Offline racefanwfo

• jenks worlds fastest pitbull
« Reply #526 on: August 15, 2013, 03:50:07 PM »
Did anyone else lose the stream. It has been good all morning and just a little bit ago it went away and it says its offline. I have been trying to refresh but no go. The stream just came back.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 03:56:45 PM by racefanwfo »
The speed that you wish to achieve is only limited by the depth of your wallet.

Offline RayTheRat

• Just me and the camera
« Reply #527 on: August 15, 2013, 03:50:38 PM »
The long-awaited Turbinator:

It seems to have been awaited by every photographer left on the salt.

Whoops, there were more...

Finally under way and away from photogs but...

...there was this SCTA vehicle pacing it, so Dave Spangler did as planned, shut down around the 1 mile (wild guess.)  But it ran and without any apparent problems.

According to the team's latest tweet (https://twitter.com/teamvesco)the car ran 235 mph.  They're analyzing the data from their collection systems...let's hope it's good and they can make it back out this afternoon.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 04:01:53 PM by RayTheRat »

Offline wheelrdealer

• D/CBGALT
    • WHEELRDEALER RACING
« Reply #528 on: August 15, 2013, 03:54:13 PM »
Ray:

Have you seen any of these? Might need a metallic suit!

Bill: Even paranoids have enemies...ya gotta keep the tinfoil in yer hat fresh.

CTRon: From what I gathered in talking to him, it's a new car...but he wasn't really specific on that...and my memory sux.  (Not enough tinfoil.)

ECTA    Maxton D/CGALT  Record Holder 167.522
ECTA    Maxton D/CBGALT Record Holder 166.715

WWW.WHEELRDEALER2100.COM

Offline RayTheRat

• Just me and the camera
« Reply #529 on: August 15, 2013, 04:08:16 PM »
Ray:

Have you seen any of these? Might need a metallic suit!

Bill: Even paranoids have enemies...ya gotta keep the tinfoil in yer hat fresh.

CTRon: From what I gathered in talking to him, it's a new car...but he wasn't really specific on that...and my memory sux.  (Not enough tinfoil.)

Yeah, but there seems to be a difference of opinion as to whether it's a concept drawing or "fer reel" or "fauxtography."
http://www.snopes.com/photos/technology/insectdrone.asp

If they're fer reel, I kilt 2 of' em in my motel room last nite.  :)

Offline sodbuster

« Reply #530 on: August 15, 2013, 04:12:45 PM »
Hey 'person', your "PRESS" vest is on backward. Ray, THANKS for the pix, even though fools are getting in your way. I will get some coin headed your way after the HAMB DRAGS this weekend.

Chris Nelson
Kansas

The long-awaited Turbinator:

It seems to have been awaited by every photographer left on the salt.

Whoops, there were more...

Finally under way and away from photogs but...

...there was this SCTA vehicle pacing it, so Dave Spangler did as planned, shut down around the 1 mile (wild guess.)  But it ran and without any apparent problems.

According to the team's latest tweet (https://twitter.com/teamvesco)the car ran 235 mph.  They're analyzing the data from their collection systems...let's hope it's good and they can make it back out this afternoon.

A Devil with A Hammer & Hell with A Torch

Offline RayTheRat

• Just me and the camera
« Reply #531 on: August 15, 2013, 04:42:01 PM »
Hey 'person', your "PRESS" vest is on backward. Ray, THANKS for the pix, even though fools are getting in your way. I will get some coin headed your way after the HAMB DRAGS this weekend.

Chris Nelson
Kansas

Didja notice the flip-flops on his feet?  Great way to get hurt. 

Enjoy the HAMB drags, man.

Offline jl222

« Reply #532 on: August 15, 2013, 04:43:33 PM »
Is fast freddys liner a new car? Or is it his old lakester converted to a liner?

New car, built at his shop in Prescott Az. in 1 year :-o

Skin was done in Texas at George Fields shop.

Any times on Freddy's last pass?

JL222

Offline Jawno

• New folks
« Reply #533 on: August 15, 2013, 04:48:16 PM »
Tin Foil? Well, that's my problem. All this time I've been using aluminum foil. :-D

Offline wheelrdealer

• D/CBGALT
    • WHEELRDEALER RACING
« Reply #534 on: August 15, 2013, 04:48:49 PM »
I hve an all day meeting tomorrow and will not be able ot log on...so here is my 2 cents.

Ray and Slim thanks for the updates and photogs.

Chris 996 if you are out there it is time to disconnect the rev limiter and go for the last few MPH.

SCTA Volunteers, although the event is not as good from my vantage point this year, it still took a lot of work to put it on, keep the racing on the salt and keep our teams safe. Thank you.

Announcers, I appreciate your effort. There are some good observations here to make your show more of what the LSR people seem to want. But I appreciate you doing your best. With all do respect, if I ever qualify for a record I will track down Glen where ever he is and offer to buy him the largest breakfast plate at the truck stop if he will record in my phone... "Mr. Reilly take it to impound."  No offense but he is the icon.

To the teams that had bad luck, I wish them the best and look forward to seeing them back out later this year or next.

To the teams that set records or qualified for records, congratulations. You are the 1% of the 1% of us that participate.

Freud, you were kind of low key but I am sure you were working the pits and all four courses. I appreciate your wit and wisdom.

BR
ECTA    Maxton D/CGALT  Record Holder 167.522
ECTA    Maxton D/CBGALT Record Holder 166.715

WWW.WHEELRDEALER2100.COM

Offline theazoldcrow

• Yup!
« Reply #535 on: August 15, 2013, 04:49:16 PM »
Wear it on your head,,,,, don't chew it !
The Earth, is an intergalactic insane asylum.!

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #536 on: August 15, 2013, 04:58:30 PM »
Hey -- remember me?  I'm the buy they call "Slim".  And I've been kinda letting youse folks take on the meet without me.  I see that Ray has been doing yeoman duty on keeping photos and other stuff here.  And Me?  I've been trying to race the Icebreaker (the old ZX12R with the Charlie Toy body and ice motif paint).  I'm not going to give you the full sad silly story of why it took 'til Wednesday to make my first run - that'll be later.  In the meantime, I did make run #2 of the event an hour ago.  And I might as well have been on a bicycle.  That is -- course #1 was slick enough the I had to pedal it for at least four miles.  I just couidn't get it to hook up worth a dang.  About the 4 1/2 I felt it was finally better so gave it a bit more throttle -- and therefore has a nice increase in the exit speed.  I was right around 157-158 for the first four miles, and 167 in that last mile -- 177 back door.  But wow, I was busy driving and throttling and watching the bars go back and forth as the back end of the bike would hook up and then spin and hook up and then spin.  I was watching the tach and thought that maybe I wasn't in top gear - that's how extra-high the revs seemed to be because of spinning it.  So I tried shifting -- no, I was in 6th.  Then I started wondering if all that spinning was going to hurt the rear tire - so I'd lift again 'til I figured it was once again working okay.

So I'll run course #2 tomorrow morning and hope for way better salt.  I'm not trying for any records -- just want to have the fun of riding the fast bike on the salt.  Let's see what I do in the morning, okay?

PS  If you feel like offering $$ to the site for the coverage, what there's been of it -- I'll thank you.  And for sure -- send a buck or three to Ray the Rat.  Whether you send it directly to him (I guess by mail, in a check form) or to landracing.com by using Paypal -- I'll see to it that what you mark as his portion gets to him.  He has been working hard and deserves a good pat on the back - and one in the wallet - for the efforts.

Later - -
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Kix

• 1997 GMC Saltnoma
« Reply #537 on: August 15, 2013, 05:18:15 PM »
Nice to finally meet you on the salt Jon, keep it straight up!

Lot's of new people following along this year... maybe a quick reminder/tutorial on how we can contribute would be useful?

Kix
MODIFIED MID-PICKUP #4442

Bonneville Record:     219.35 mph
Maxton Mile Record:   193.14 mph
Ohio Mile Record:       192.80 mph

Offline paso54

« Reply #538 on: August 15, 2013, 05:22:13 PM »
Good to see your back out on the 12r slim good luck for tomorrow  :cheers:

Offline rlague

« Reply #539 on: August 15, 2013, 05:23:34 PM »
Jon,

I was wondering where you were hiding.  good to hear from you and good luck with that beast.

Dick
IGNITION3  Productions
WORLD'S FASTEST MOTORCYCLE DVD/TV Show 
WORLD'S FASTEST MOTORCYCLE - BOOK
ACK ATTACK - RECORD BREAKING MOTORCYCLE - BOOK
ISDE DVD series
www.worldsfastestmotorcycle.tv
www.ignition3.tv
www.isde.tv