Author Topic: SpeedWeek 2013 - the event  (Read 494382 times)

gkabbt

Re: SpeedWeek 2013 - the event
« Reply #390 on: August 13, 2013, 07:05:34 PM »
John, I stepped away for a few minutes and didn't hear Sum's run. What were the speeds?

Gregg

Offline zzcruzin

« Reply #391 on: August 13, 2013, 07:05:48 PM »
must be my end then , thanks

Sometimes you have to hit the refresh button. Then it will come on.

Offline RayTheRat

• Just me and the camera
    • Ray the Rat's Chevy Asylum
« Reply #392 on: August 13, 2013, 07:11:00 PM »
Sumner just made his second license pass in the 974.

John

Sumner running it?  Kool!

Here's a shot on the return road:

Offline BHR301

« Reply #393 on: August 13, 2013, 07:16:37 PM »
Just heard them talking about the American Iron Roadster class requiring a steel body..where is that requirement shown in the rule book?

Bill

Offline maj

« Reply #394 on: August 13, 2013, 07:24:25 PM »
must be my end then , thanks

Sometimes you have to hit the refresh button. Then it will come on.

think i wore it out   :-(

Offline WZ JUNK

« Reply #395 on: August 13, 2013, 07:25:03 PM »
John, I stepped away for a few minutes and didn't hear Sum's run. What were the speeds?

Gregg

I think he went about 173.  They made a quick turn around from his first pass.  I have not talked to them since they made the passes.  Sumner was excited this morning and ready to drive.

As a side note I have heard that the car received an award from the veterans group the Wounded Warrior Project.  This is very special to all of us who are a part of this car.

John

Crew chief #974 B/BGCC 1953 Studebaker Past Bonneville record holder.

Offline Tman

« Reply #396 on: August 13, 2013, 07:33:33 PM »

Gregg

I think he went about 173.  They made a quick turn around from his first pass.  I have not talked to them since they made the passes.  Sumner was excited this morning and ready to drive.

As a side note I have heard that the car received an award from the veterans group the Wounded Warrior Project.  This is very special to all of us who are a part of this car.

John

VERY cool award! How does one get involved with the WW project and their car? We are interested.

Offline WZ JUNK

« Reply #397 on: August 13, 2013, 08:15:39 PM »

Gregg

John

VERY cool award! How does one get involved with the WW project and their car? We are interested.

I have no knowledge of this at all.  My information was second hand.  I am sure that in the near future we will find out more.

John
Crew chief #974 B/BGCC 1953 Studebaker Past Bonneville record holder.

Land Speed Lady

« Reply #398 on: August 13, 2013, 08:18:15 PM »
Thank you everyone for the updates and the pictures! I am happy to hear that The chassis engineering car is there I was wondering if they made it. I also agree with you ray about the big red Camaro being a favorite. Any speeds from them?

I sure wish I could provide speeds with the photos, but the way things work....well, I just don't have enough hands (not to mention feet, cars, cameras and computers) to shoot the photos, then edit 'em while listening to the officials' FM radio (I own a special handset for this) and at the same time, listen to the FM radio broadcast, sort out the wheat from the chaff and write down the speeds.  One person can't do it.  Then multiply that by 4 for the number of courses and...well, it's just overwhelming.  To cover this event effectively, you need a minimum of 8 people; two for each course. 

Other than that, it's a piece o' cake.  LOL!

I'm outta here to head for the salt.

From a newbie stuck at home, I think youre pretty awesome with the reports! Thanks so much Ray!

Land Speed Lady

« Reply #399 on: August 13, 2013, 08:21:27 PM »

I would love to have the live feed going here at the shop but can't seem to get it to work. Any ideas?

Get on Firefox, Safari or Chrome and not on Internet Explorer, which seems to have issues with the feed. IE has issues with everything actually, so its not a surprise. Let us know if that works for you. :)  :cheers:

Offline wheelrdealer

• D/CBGALT
    • WHEELRDEALER RACING
« Reply #400 on: August 13, 2013, 08:44:59 PM »
Now that's a wing with a Studebaker attached to it. 

Looks good, good racing.

BR

John

ECTA    Maxton D/CGALT  Record Holder 167.522
ECTA    Maxton D/CBGALT Record Holder 166.715

WWW.WHEELRDEALER2100.COM

Offline javajoe79

« Reply #401 on: August 13, 2013, 09:02:50 PM »

John

Holy cow!  Haven't seen that car since Wilmington last year. What a wing!   Also by the looks of it they went to turbo or centri blower?
Coffey Fabrication and Race Prep
313 Wilhagan Rd Nashville, TN 37217
615-210-1605

https://www.facebook.com/CoffeyFabrication

Offline RayTheRat

• Just me and the camera
    • Ray the Rat's Chevy Asylum
« Reply #402 on: August 13, 2013, 09:25:59 PM »

Gregg

I think he went about 173.  They made a quick turn around from his first pass.  I have not talked to them since they made the passes.  Sumner was excited this morning and ready to drive.

As a side note I have heard that the car received an award from the veterans group the Wounded Warrior Project.  This is very special to all of us who are a part of this car.

John

I have no knowledge of this at all.  My information was second hand.  I am sure that in the near future we will find out more.

John

The car is the #6501 D/GT Corvette owned by Dan Heerings of Holland, Mi. 

Hope that helps,

Offline Gary Perkinson

« Reply #403 on: August 13, 2013, 09:35:38 PM »

John

Hmmm...that looks like a Studebird...or a Superbaker!
LTA   G/BGALT Record (1 mile)     143.313
LTA   G/BGALT Record (1.5 mile)  148.321
LTA   F/PRO Record (1 mile)         114.668

Offline Freud

« Reply #404 on: August 13, 2013, 09:40:18 PM »
Bret Kepner, long course timing slips, actually it's course 1 and course 2 timing slips, have had 26 spins.

It is weird.  

Course #1, our traditional  "long course" has a long time between runs. Many fast cars have gone to course 2 to run.

Now anyone seems to run on course #1 that wants to.  In the past the only cars that ran on the long course had to run

over 175 in the quarter mile lights. That isn't the case now. Maybe they can only go to the 3.

It's just strange.

Besides, its pretty mnad hot.

FREUD
Since '63