Author Topic: SpeedWeek 2013 - the event  (Read 494378 times)

Offline bvillercr

Re: SpeedWeek 2013 - the event
« Reply #330 on: August 13, 2013, 10:58:37 AM »
John N...others.:)..here is the link to Ray site ..the PayPal function works sweet:
http://www.chevyasylum.com/Welcome.html

many  know the landracing donate button

yes extremely tough not being there....one selfishly cuz not on course getting after it....and not getting enough tech details about the thousands of various lsr scenarios out there...and now because so many of our friends and family having mishaps...( I know that's what we get for not being there...but it still blows big time)

Stainless being transported to University Hospital...

Joe

Hope Stainless is ok and his trip to the hostpital is only pre-cautionary. :cheers:

Offline RayTheRat

• Just me and the camera
    • Ray the Rat's Chevy Asylum
« Reply #331 on: August 13, 2013, 11:02:12 AM »
John N...others.:)..here is the link to Ray site ..the PayPal function works sweet:
http://www.chevyasylum.com/Welcome.html

many  know the landracing donate button

yes extremely tough not being there....one selfishly cuz not on course getting after it....and not getting enough tech details about the thousands of various lsr scenarios out there...and now because so many of our friends and family having mishaps...( I know that's what we get for not being there...but it still blows big time)

Stainless being transported to University Hospital...

Joe

Hope Stainless is ok and his trip to the hospital is only precautionary. :cheers:

Amen to that!  I was on Course 1 and didn't even know about it until some guy brought photos of the car at the starting line.

Photos to come.

Offline Avanti Kid

• 2006 Member of Bonneville 200 MPH Club
« Reply #332 on: August 13, 2013, 11:07:40 AM »
Our prayers are with him going to SLC hospital, by ambulance that's a 2 hr and 30 minute ride to the hospital, I know because that's where I was after the car hit me in the cross walk last year in Wendover after the volunteer dinner. We pray for better news on his status and for doctors wisdom in treating him. Take care, Dave Bloomberg (Avanti Kid Racing)
Original owner of 1963 Avanti; Age 84
2006 Bonneville 200 MPH Club Member
Canyon Country, CA
215.6 mph 289 CI Studebaker engine

Offline Gary Perkinson

« Reply #333 on: August 13, 2013, 11:25:40 AM »
Which streamliner just did the 418?
LTA   G/BGALT Record (1 mile)     143.313
LTA   G/BGALT Record (1.5 mile)  148.321
LTA   F/PRO Record (1 mile)         114.668

gkabbt

« Reply #334 on: August 13, 2013, 11:26:37 AM »
Poteet in the Speed Demon.

Offline Gary Perkinson

« Reply #335 on: August 13, 2013, 11:27:20 AM »
LTA   G/BGALT Record (1 mile)     143.313
LTA   G/BGALT Record (1.5 mile)  148.321
LTA   F/PRO Record (1 mile)         114.668

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #336 on: August 13, 2013, 11:35:22 AM »
The coverage on here has been great! Keep it up guys! Not as good as standing there in person, but alas, I had to leave and come back to work.

I would love to have the live feed going here at the shop but can't seem to get it to work. Any ideas?

Also, has anybody heard how Buddy's Flat Cad is doing? Saw it sitting in impound Sunday. And I'd like to know if there is any news on Jeff Brock's Buick. He seemed to be having trouble breaking the 165mph mark. I'd really like to see that old car break 170 plus!
Maybe there is no Heaven. Or maybe this is all pure gibberish. The product of a demented hill billy who has found a way to live out where the winds blow. To sleep late, have fun, drink whiskey, and drive fast on empty streets with nothing in mind except falling in love or getting arrested.    H.S. Thompson

gkabbt

« Reply #337 on: August 13, 2013, 11:40:37 AM »
I could not get the feed to work in IE. I had to download Firefox and a plugin and it works fine.

As for Buddy and the FlatCad, they did set a record. Look at their Build Diary for the info.

Gregg

Offline RayTheRat

• Just me and the camera
« Reply #338 on: August 13, 2013, 11:55:19 AM »
Some daze is better than others and this ain't one of 'em.  I waited for 90 minutes to get a shot of the Salt Cat lakester...finally came back Burb to use my Smugmug account to upload/post photos.  It ain't workin.  I could only get it co come up on Internet Explorer (sucks) but their upload system is broke.  I'm also really bummed out about Jonny and Stainless...I feel real bad about 'em.

So. Here are some photos from the Course 1 starting line without doing the research to provide names/teams/classes, etc.  The ambulance is Stainless on the way for a checkup.

« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 11:57:53 AM by RayTheRat »

Offline jl222

« Reply #339 on: August 13, 2013, 11:58:04 AM »
Looks like Stainless Steel car #1411 just spun out at the 5 mile, course 2 down for looking for parts, he was at around 24o when he spun, car and driver OK This was for the record run.

Can't believe all the lakesters that have spun this year that have never spun.

The real story is the course conditions, how about a close up or video of course 1 from start to finish or whatever. Somebody? Maybe an interview with someone who has spun.

Last year the course had crooves and high spots in it but not bumpy, like they couldn't grade it down low enough
to get it smoother. It felt like the 222 car could spin at any time and other years it has a glued in feeling.
  Wonder if thats how it is this year or wet or loose or what.

Bvilleracer and I videoed it a few years back after couse was closed for the day.

Going to try to call Ed Whiteley. Ed  works on the crew that sets up the mile and 1/4 mile banners.

Hope Stainless is OK sounds like more than a spin if he's on the way to hospital.

JL222

« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 12:08:21 PM by jl222 »

Offline Clay Pitkin

• B&B Racing
« Reply #340 on: August 13, 2013, 12:01:54 PM »
Hotnuts:

Glad to hear that he's ok, but, Dodge!  DW will never get that tattoo now!   :mrgreen:

Mike

Has anybody heard on JH condition?

Jonny, I am sorry I could not be there, I am trying to get my car ready for WOS,

I hope all the best for you, prayers are on the way!

On a side note, is it me or has there been more spins and crashes this meet ?

Just wondering
Clay
Those who said it could not be done, should not stand in the way of those who are already doing it!

Offline RayTheRat

• Just me and the camera
« Reply #341 on: August 13, 2013, 12:08:13 PM »

Glad to hear that he's ok, but, Dodge!  DW will never get that tattoo now!   :mrgreen:

Mike

Jonny, I am sorry I could not be there, I am trying to get my car ready for WOS,

Just wondering
Clay

I guess you haven't been following.  There have been a LOT of spins and several crashes.  I won't go into detail on 'em, cuz that ain't what we're here for.  But it's been anything but uneventful from that standpoint.

Offline RayTheRat

• Just me and the camera
« Reply #342 on: August 13, 2013, 12:14:03 PM »
We just had another spin on course 1.  I didn't catch the number.

Here are 4 more photos, then I'm going to course 4.

Offline bvillercr

« Reply #343 on: August 13, 2013, 12:32:04 PM »
Hotnuts:

Glad to hear that he's ok, but, Dodge!  DW will never get that tattoo now!   :mrgreen:

Mike

Just wondering
Clay

He is being released from the hospital today, a little bruised but fine.

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #344 on: August 13, 2013, 12:36:39 PM »
Good to hear he is ok!
Maybe there is no Heaven. Or maybe this is all pure gibberish. The product of a demented hill billy who has found a way to live out where the winds blow. To sleep late, have fun, drink whiskey, and drive fast on empty streets with nothing in mind except falling in love or getting arrested.    H.S. Thompson