Author Topic: SpeedWeek 2013 - the event  (Read 494262 times)

Offline zzcruzin

Re: SpeedWeek 2013 - the event
« Reply #255 on: August 12, 2013, 12:53:57 PM »
Thanks Ray for the constant updates. By the way, has Pork Pie been spotted anywhere? Mark.
Yep, 2nd pic in post 248.  Sportin his Red Hat.

Thanks Doug. Don't know how I missed that. Mark.

Offline doug

« Reply #256 on: August 12, 2013, 12:55:25 PM »
Mr Hotnuts
171.832 in the 4 mile on a 205? record

Offline zzcruzin

« Reply #257 on: August 12, 2013, 12:56:23 PM »
Thank you to Ray.  8-)

Offline RayTheRat

• Just me and the camera
    • Ray the Rat's Chevy Asylum
« Reply #258 on: August 12, 2013, 01:12:05 PM »
Here are some photos of various rods (although I'm not sure you can call a Rambler American a rod) that I've shot (and not posted before):

Offline RayTheRat

• Just me and the camera
« Reply #259 on: August 12, 2013, 01:18:06 PM »
And 4 more:

Offline RayTheRat

• Just me and the camera
« Reply #260 on: August 12, 2013, 01:26:11 PM »
Last batch.  Three new ones and a revision of one...I did it in sepia tones cuz it reminded me of what I might have seen in a magazine in the 50s or 60s.

Now I'm gonna go see if I can get some speed shots.

Online jl222

« Reply #261 on: August 12, 2013, 01:27:50 PM »
  It seems that an exception could be made for Skip Hedrick's roll cage,especially if it has way more roll bars than the 4 point minimum. Chrome moly is stronger than mild steel but trickier to weld and I think thats why mild steel is recommended. A lot of Bville racers do there own roll bars and frames. Consideration in his favor should be made if it was pro built also.

Skip should contack car technical chair Lee Kennedy they do make exceptions.

It bugs me that Skip can be turned down on roll bars But SCTA/BNI will let a motorcycle with a blown V8 and no roll bars run.

Skip should get his turned down entry in writing, he has a big investment in his car.

JL222

Offline doug

« Reply #262 on: August 12, 2013, 01:32:54 PM »
80   B/BGMS HIZER RACING SPIRITS
record 231.516
mile 3 216.336
mile 4 238.447
mile 5 252.016

I assume this is not the LeSabre? Anybody have a pic of this car?

Land Speed Lady

« Reply #263 on: August 12, 2013, 01:40:30 PM »
Ray yer the man...!!!

audio is great to have...no...tremendous to have..priceless really, and beggars cant
be choosy...but...Ron C. is iconic...the other gentleman is trying..but not in the same zip
code with respect to covering land speed racing...too much emphasis on "color commentary" since
his knowledge base with lsr is blatantly lacking...it interferes with the flow of the coverage and who actually just ran and what they did.....im hopeful over time that will change...THANKFULLY
powers that be have Ron C. there with him...

I thank SCTA Ron C. and the other fine gentleman for putting in the effort...

thank goodness for Landracing and the tidbits of tech coverage Ray and ....well Ray mostly are providing...!!

Joe

In regards to the SCTA web site live audio broadcast I have coupe of comments, one Ron who has been doing the radio announcing does an excellent job for many years and knows our race cars and drivers, but the new guy Harold just does not have that background and says some to the silliest things on the air about BLM and other things, today I heard him say that on Wed. night the Bonneville 200 MPH club is having a banquet and all racers and spectators are welcome, just go to the Bonneville 200 MPH club booth and buy the tickets for $35 each, well if that true its news to me, I'm a member of the 200 MPH club and in the past if you wanted to attend the banquet a 200 MPH member would have to sponsor you and buy the tickets for you to attend and the banquet has limited setting too, so this news to me check out before Wed. Night , thanks for your time, Dave  :cheers:  PS, can we get Glen back to do the announcing!!!!!

Thanks for posting! I am back at work so you good folks keep me up to date when I'm on breaks or lunch. I listened to the live feed yesterday at home on Chrome. Worked great.

HEY Announcers you have an open mic!  IF folks say something behind you we can hear what is said.  So be careful and not let people behind you carry on conversations about how the BLM is screwed up and these new BLM reps are bureaucratic Acura holes. Ok, they may be Acura hats, but lets just keep that amoungest ourselves. lol

As my dear ole departed dad used to say "Don't discuss the obvious".

Keep up the good work!!

Thank you all for the constructive criticism. It is necessary to become better, and our mission is obviously to please the listeners. We really appreciate it!

:)

:cheers:

Offline Gary Perkinson

« Reply #264 on: August 12, 2013, 01:42:18 PM »
Last batch.  Three new ones and a revision of one...I did it in sepia tones cuz it reminded me of what I might have seen in a magazine in the 50s or 60s.

Now I'm gonna go see if I can get some speed shots.

Hey, Ray--thanks for the updates! Lovin' the photos back East...

Gary
LTA   G/BGALT Record (1 mile)     143.313
LTA   G/BGALT Record (1.5 mile)  148.321
LTA   F/PRO Record (1 mile)         114.668

Offline coloradodave

« Reply #265 on: August 12, 2013, 02:08:30 PM »
Awesome coverage Ray thanks so much, first time in 6 years I've not been able to make it, Dad's in impound as of first runs this morning if your over there taking pictures is #735
1000cc MPBF Black Sportster??
Thanks a bunch :cheers:
No regrets

Offline doug

« Reply #266 on: August 12, 2013, 02:13:24 PM »
7800 A/BFS DALTON, JACKSON & MAYER
record 409.986

1/4 297.760
mile 310.089
chute out

Offline sodbuster

« Reply #267 on: August 12, 2013, 02:14:17 PM »
OK, I've kept quiet about the 'non-Glen'.......But, really? "Feel free to drive your car thru the pits and enjoy the race cars". Ahh......Ok.

I miss the "Take her to impound".

With the 'Rangers' being on the salt generating revenue, will they start saving the salt next year?

Chris
A Devil with A Hammer & Hell with A Torch

Offline sodbuster

« Reply #268 on: August 12, 2013, 02:16:00 PM »
Oh yea, Ray..........Thanks for posting pix.....I have been following "Instagram" with the hashtag Bonneville and I never get tired of your shots. Maybe you need a cattle prod for the starting line next year.

Chris
A Devil with A Hammer & Hell with A Torch

Offline thawley

• New folks
« Reply #269 on: August 12, 2013, 02:22:05 PM »
It seems that an exception could be made for Skip Hedrick's roll cage,especially if it has way more roll bars than the 4 point minimum.

There must be details to this story we haven't heard yet. If the car's been running for years as it sits, I have a hard time believing they'd fail him now for something they've missed every year prior.

Seems more likely they've made changes to the car since it was last teched. But I'm just speculating from home.
E. John Thawley III
2 Club member/water polo dad