Author Topic: SpeedWeek 2013 - the event  (Read 494472 times)

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
Re: SpeedWeek 2013 - the event
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2013, 04:12:32 PM »
Ray, now I know why Pork Pie was complaining of the inhuman treatment he received at the hands of the folks in Taylorsville.  Whatever -- yes, he's here.  I'll take more photos, but right now I'm staying close to the pit to hand out toilet keys. :? :?
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline RayTheRat

• Just me and the camera
    • Ray the Rat's Chevy Asylum
« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2013, 04:15:40 PM »
Ray, now I know why Pork Pie was complaining of the inhuman treatment he received at the hands of the folks in Taylorsville.  Whatever -- yes, he's here.  I'll take more photos, but right now I'm staying close to the pit to hand out toilet keys. :? :?

Yeah...he had to ride in my Camaro.  Cruel and unusual.  :)  But he slipped out of the force field and escaped bright and blurry-eyed.  LOL!

Offline fredvance

• FVANCE
    • Vance and Forstall Racing
« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2013, 09:25:34 PM »
Leaving at 7am tomorrow, see everyone on Sunday.
WORLDS FASTEST PRODUCTION MOTORCYCLE 213.470
Vance&Forstall Racing
WOS 2011 235+MPH
Engine by Knecum, Tuned by Johnny Cheese.
Sponsers Catalyst Composites, Johnny Cheese Perf, Knecum Racing Engines, Murray Headers, Carpenter Racing

Offline 1leg

« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2013, 10:09:21 PM »
I will be leaving esco around 8:30am, driving straight thru except for brief stop in Ely to visit family. Plan to camp out the first night, then i will be staying in the hotel for the rest of the week.
Jerry
SDRC Member since 2013

As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.
Psalm 27:17

Offline WOODY@DDLLC

• ECTA made it to AR-Kansas!
    • Design Dreams, LLC
« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2013, 10:26:20 PM »
Got through tech today with the XsStress '32 Ford - on the line tomorrow!  :cheers:

Check out my scoop article in BRN! :-o

Salt is gooey in the pits but a good drying day!  :cheers:
All models are wrong, but some are useful! G.E. Box (1967) www.designdreams.biz

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2013, 11:40:06 PM »
Woody -- that's who that familiar guy we saw is/was.  Yeah - I knew it all along.

So here are a few more photos from this afternoon.  Again -- I was kinda required to stay near the pit to keep an eye open for folks getting their personal toilets - but tomorrow I'll get more photos of who's here.

Bodywork for...

...this car:

Right next to Nancy and me, in the SSS pit, is the White Goose Bar pit.  Here's the little truck:

There are two wheelers -

...and then there are two wheelers:

Wayno's car is in the WGB pit:

Aermacchi?

Final one for the evening.  Mike Cook has these bodies here -- fiberglas - and more on the way.  More of these models, more of others, too:

See you tomorrow, folks.  Ray says he'll be here so maybe there'll be more photos sooner or later, but in the meantime I'll try to show you some of the diversity that I saw today.  The 911 roadster - looking great.  The Amo-Steele-Streamliner is here - saw Jon at supper - but maybe tomorrow I'll get a photo when it's out of the trailer.  Gary Hart's car is here -- I didn't see it yet, but one of his crew came over for a visit.  Seth Hammond's car is out in front of the motel -- but it's already dark and I can't get a good photo.

Last comment -- go take a read on the Salt Talks thread and see a bit about the quilt raffle.  I want to sell all 75 tickets for chances on it.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Wester

« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM »
My vote for the build of the meet so far is the Stupedbaker Racing Team from Georgia.  That coupe is very well done.  It's shown in the photos above with the front end off for inspection.  It must be a salt newcomer, I don't remember seeing it last year..

Offline wobblywalrus

« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2013, 01:16:17 AM »
The Freddy liner looks very impressive.  Simple paint and shapes.  It looks like he put his efforts into other areas, like the parts that make it go fast.

Have a good meet and drive and ride to some new records, without crashing, of course.  Wishing you'all the best.

gkabbt

« Reply #38 on: August 09, 2013, 08:11:42 AM »
My vote for the build of the meet so far is the Stupedbaker Racing Team from Georgia.  That coupe is very well done.  It's shown in the photos above with the front end off for inspection.  It must be a salt newcomer, I don't remember seeing it last year..

Pure speculation here!

The guy in the orange shirt at the front of the car looks like Paul Powell who built engines for Courtney Hizer's ALT Buick. After Courtney passed, his crew (sorry don't know names) ran the car at Maxton and the last time I saw that car was at the last meet there in 2011. This could be a new car that his crew has built.

Again, pure speculation on my part.

Just seeing this one picture, I will agree that whoever built this car did a VERY good job.....I'd love to see it up close.

Gregg

Offline pasodude

« Reply #39 on: August 09, 2013, 08:26:40 AM »
Good luck everbody ! & thanks for pic slim  :cheers:

Offline SteveM

« Reply #40 on: August 09, 2013, 09:57:49 AM »
All these pics have me salivating :-o

I can't wait to listen to the SpeedWeek live feed, and keep watching for pic updates.

If anyone happens to see the #8217 entry (H/DT), it would be fantastic if you would post a photo. 

Keep up the excellent work, and may you be blessed with sunny, dry weather!

Steve.
1/2 of the Rampage Brothers

Offline revolutionary

« Reply #41 on: August 09, 2013, 01:24:53 PM »
Big frowny face that I can't make it this year.  :-(

Keep up with the pics and posts please!
Breaking Wind #9614
  ECTA Record AA/BGALT 214.8
  SCTA Bonneville PB AA/BGALT 237.4
Breaking Wind "Spirit of Effluvium" #451
  SCTA Bonneville Record SC/BF100 48.931

Offline doug

« Reply #42 on: August 09, 2013, 06:21:14 PM »
Any more info on this one? I noticed it in the pre-entries in C/GCC.

Offline doug

« Reply #43 on: August 09, 2013, 06:37:21 PM »
For those afar, Bangshift.com is going live tonight at 7pm PDT.

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: August 09, 2013, 09:47:17 PM »
We left the salt about 6.45 PM and drove past a fella that was -Ranger and Sheriff vehicles.  The guy was blowing in a breathalyzer (don't ask how I know what one looks like :roll:) and the officers were talking amongst themselves. 

Boyoboy is the "law" cracking down.  I know they'll bust you for having a glass drink container that is not either in your vehicle or your pit trailer, and kids under 18 or maybe its' 16 must wear a helmet if they're driving an ATV or a bike, and that the bike or ATV must be either registered in the home state or be displaying a temporary Utah registration.

Want me to go on?  If you're out here -- be careful and ask about what you are and are not allowed to do.  When you get to Land's End you'll be given a sheet with a course layout diagram on one side and the list of BLM rules on the other.  Don't worry about the courses as much as you need to be good girls and boys according to the rules.

And it's a federal park!  How come they can have helmet laws, especially since Utah - the state in which the salt is - doesn't have a helmet law?  One can only wonder, and I won't say anything more in case they're reading these posts.  Why stir up the fire?

Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com