Author Topic: 4 wheels: twice the fun as 2 wheels???  (Read 7205 times)

Offline JimL

Re: 4 wheels: twice the fun as 2 wheels???
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2013, 10:01:24 AM »
For a low cost G motor, the old MR2 Turbo engine was actually 4 cylinder off the 2JZ Turbo (actually, the 4 cyl came first).  We ran one on stock cams, stock head, stock manifolds, and modified stock turbo.  Its best was 186 in a mod-roadster.  The engine is leaned to the right, and the V6 tacoma bell housing bolts on, making trans adapting easy to line up.  Its an iron block with a forged crank and rods.  These were built to be a turbo motor from the get-go, with the turbo oil feeds, piston oilers, block ribbing...already in place.  Kinda heavy, though, and handles the same size clutch as the trucks.

If you can find a Celica All-Trac ECU, I can post a pic of which two pins to jumper on the back of the circuit board.  That trick enables an 8000rpm rev limit, no speed signal needed, and built in program for 18+ boost with Supra Twin-Turbo injectors.  This does NOT work on an MR2 ecu because they were not used for World Rally.

You can spend more money on it and be as fast as the Aase brothers MR2, if your ship ever comes in.

Still waiting on mine...
JimL

Offline entropy

« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2013, 10:40:18 AM »
JimL,
thanks so much for taking the time to tap out yr thoughts on G motor possibilities & details.
Your stuff is worth pure gold as we consider basic elements of the Project!

Karl

Offline entropy

« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2013, 06:15:39 AM »
Stainless,
We didn't partake of your invitation to stop by your pits as you REALLY seemed to have your hands full...
I hope things have settled down.
karl

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2013, 08:43:39 PM »
Karl, still planning to be at WoS, stop by for a chat.  I am starting to move a little better, I know you know how that feels...
 :cheers:
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline Rex Schimmer

• Only time and money prevent completion!
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2013, 01:22:15 PM »
If I was building a real "no holds bared" H class lakester I would take a big look at the engine in the HONDATA CRX. I have attached their official record info from the SCTA results page.  238+ mph from a Honda CRX takes impressive power.

4240   Hondata CRX   H        BFCC      232.585   238.221   Miriam Macmillan

Rex
Rex

Not much matters and the rest doesn't matter at all.