Author Topic: Distributor modifications?  (Read 4359 times)

Offline lsrjunkie

Distributor modifications?
« on: July 25, 2013, 04:08:43 PM »
I have heard, not that it's possible or true, that a fella can take a 292 chevy dizzy, and modify it to fit into a 302 Jimmy. Any info as to the validity of this claim would be awesome!
Maybe there is no Heaven. Or maybe this is all pure gibberish. The product of a demented hill billy who has found a way to live out where the winds blow. To sleep late, have fun, drink whiskey, and drive fast on empty streets with nothing in mind except falling in love or getting arrested.    H.S. Thompson

Offline jimmy six

Re: Distributor modifications?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2013, 08:59:29 PM »
Done it many times. Currently running one I did. I believe someone on e-bay lists them....look under Chevrolet 6 distributor .........
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2013, 09:32:32 PM »
Distributor?  Is that what a dizzy is?
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline NathanStewart

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2013, 12:45:02 AM »
Is that what a dizzy is?

No, that's what you get when you drive a roadster in a cross wind at El Mirage.  :-D
El Mirage 200 MPH Club Member

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2013, 11:18:07 AM »
Now that's funny Nathan!  :-D  :cheers: And yes Stan, that would be my slang for distributor.
Maybe there is no Heaven. Or maybe this is all pure gibberish. The product of a demented hill billy who has found a way to live out where the winds blow. To sleep late, have fun, drink whiskey, and drive fast on empty streets with nothing in mind except falling in love or getting arrested.    H.S. Thompson

Offline Frankie7799

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2013, 01:34:56 PM »
No, that's what you get when you drive a roadster in a cross wind at El Mirage.  :-D

Now that right there is funny!

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2013, 05:46:18 PM »
Not funny.  You shudda been there.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2013, 05:56:33 PM »
Not funny.  You shudda been there.

Stan, your perspective is/was just a little different from those who are enjoying the laugh!  :-o :-o :-D

Pete

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2013, 11:14:17 PM »
lol  :cheers:
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline Tman

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2013, 02:11:54 PM »
Give GMC Bubba a call. Best in the business

http://www.lindertech.com/bhrs/

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2013, 09:49:42 AM »
Thanks Tman! And to clarify Stan, the joke was funny, not the spin! Had it been me in the car, I most certainly would have crapped my pants!