Author Topic: Great piece on Bill Warner and LTA by Bill Green  (Read 8830 times)

Offline ronnieroadster

Re: Great piece on Bill Warner and LTA by Bill Green
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2013, 08:19:49 PM »
Hi Slim
 Heres an in car video from one of my runs taken at the event can anyone see a yellow X on the runway ?I ran to the mile and then just past the 1.5 marker I take the first turn off. Only ran 172 .6 at the mile with a flathead on this run! :cheers:
 Ronnieroadster
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5xpBsWCTwo&feature=
Working in the shop I use the 'F' word a lot. No not that word these words Focus and Finish go Fast and Flathead Ford!
 ECTA  XF/BGRMR Record 179.8561
 LTA    XF/BGRMR  Record 200.921 First  Ever Ford Flathead Roadster to hit 200 MPH burning gasoline July 2018
 SCTA  XF/BGRMR Record 205.744  First gas burning Ford flathead powered roadster to top 200 MPH at Bonneville August 7, 2021 top speed 219.717
 SCTA  XXF/BGRMR Record 216.131 plus a Red Hat
"Life Member of the Bonneville 200 MPH Club"

Jessechop

« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2013, 07:17:22 AM »
The runway is used, not often, but it is used. When Telford was there (2002-2011?) they landed planes there, plus the blimp. I know on occasion  Senators and such will land helicopters out there.

I would also assume the LDA (Loring Development) would have issue with something being removed from the runway since that would kill all marketing towards anyone using the runway.

And back on topic, I have watched this piece Bill Green did probably 15 times now. Brings tears to my eyes every single time, IMO a very well executed piece

Offline osti

« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2013, 08:55:42 AM »
What I learned - Try to remember to smile as much as Bill did.

AMEN!!!

:cheers: