Author Topic: How much rake on a door slammer?  (Read 10471 times)

Offline kiwi belly tank

Re: How much rake on a door slammer?
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2013, 01:41:51 AM »
I don't think Bobs sexy bitch with a "wopping 174 inches":-D will have enough legs to get him into trouble. I've had a 65 in the 150 range a few times & it behaved better than my 70 R/T Coronet & my Challengers.
  Sid.

Offline Rex Schimmer

• Only time and money prevent completion!
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2013, 03:11:53 PM »
A thought on the amount of rake for you Cuda. The reason that rake helps is that it assist the air flow over the rear section of the car. If the angle of the rear window, in  your case, is more than some place in the 7-10 degree area then there is a good chance that the air going over the top will become unattached which makes big drag. So if you stick you anglemeter on the back window and measure the angle and if you can get enough rake to get the angle in the 7-10 degree area you should be helping your aero.

Rex
Rex

Not much matters and the rest doesn't matter at all.

Offline BobDcuda

« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2013, 11:33:38 PM »
Rex, thanks a bunch for sharing that with me.  New information for me, but it does make sense.  I'm away from my car for a few days right now, but I'll definitely take a look at that when I get back to it.   :-)

Offline basher13

« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2013, 10:07:03 PM »
I saw the car in impound and it looked like you were hot lapping it pretty good. What was the outcome at the end of the week? Car looks great, nice work!
 :cheers:
Dan
118.780mph in a stock(ish) Studebaker

Offline BobDcuda

« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2013, 09:21:48 PM »
Dan, we had a couple runs better than our record but less than our backup run earlier that morning.  Went to Impound on the second one, but when there figured out our problem was the rev-limiter (MSD 6AL) kicking in 1,000 rpm early.  Out of Impound and back for a shot at a better qualifier.  Lost cylinder #1, still sorting through the issues why.  That was our fourth run of the day.  Came home with a record but had hoped for more - plans are underway for next year!

Offline kiwi belly tank

« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2013, 01:38:31 AM »
We always hope for more Bob. You did good & looked like you were having fun to me.
  Sid.