Author Topic: On the lighter side...  (Read 1524 times)

Offline MiltonP

On the lighter side...
« on: July 17, 2013, 01:57:53 PM »
I was thinking about how good Bill made me feel after we had a laugh this past weekend so I figured it was time to lighten the mood with a  call out to whomever from Loring that is missing a thumb adjuster screw such us one would find on a clutch or brake lever. Please feel free to retrieve it from the rear tire of my Ducati at your earliest convenience!  Bill got a laugh out of it Saturday when I told him that I saw it as a sign that I should call it a weekend after that since Habu's motor was already behaving real badly.

Actually, I want to thank the person who noted the tire was starting to go soft when I pulled up to the grid after picking up the screw.  It was losing air pretty slow but I like to think I would have caught it by the time I would have gotten a second run.  I can mail it to the person who lost it but it doesn't look especially rare.  In any case, it turns out the fueling issue wasn't something simple enough to resolve at the track so the screw didn't end my weekend and maybe it even helped prevent me from hurting the motor.   :cheers:

I also want to thaank all the volunteers that allow us to participate in such a great sport.

Jessechop

Re: On the lighter side...
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2013, 02:03:15 PM »
Saturday night 2 of my crew and myself swept the track two times from long shutdown all the way to the hot box. Some of the bolts we found were BIG. A little discomforting, but on a side note the roll of black tape I found came in handy  :cheers:

And yes, big thanks to all who make the event happen. There is a lot of them, and without them the event would never happen