Author Topic: Salt Talks at WoS?  (Read 8786 times)

Offline Steve Walters

Re: Salt Talks at WoS?
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2013, 01:13:43 PM »
I left the salt last year to make the wa beans just before Nancy got hurt, spent the day cooking up 30 quarts of the dutch oven wa beans, got down to the bend to find out about Nancy and the canceled ST.  After I was told she would be OK, I started thinking what am I going to do with 30 quarts of Wa beans?  Crused the bend, the truck stop camping lot, and ended up going to the museum camping area where a group of hungry Kiwi's finished them off.  Thanks to all those who donated to the Land Racing site when I wasn't expecting it, all I wanted  was to get rid of the 30 quarts of Wa beans.  They will be back at both events this year also.
   :cheers:

Steve 
I've been from Bone to Blackfoot, but still just a Newbie here.

Wa's Bad Banana
B/CGALT

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2013, 01:57:49 PM »
Good news, Steve.  I've still not heard from Mike Crawford - to confirm that we're okay to have Salt Talks at the Museum lot again this year.  I'll call him tomorrow, I guess.  Nancy will be staying home for WoS and Wf and the Shootout this year -- so I'll have her help at SW Salt Talks only.  If any of you can dress up like her and help out -- I'd appreciate the help.

On second thought, if you like dressing like Nancy -- maybe I don't want you to help after all. . . :evil:
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2013, 02:06:17 PM »
I'm just starting to buy the clothes.  I'm not sure I can fill them out in the right places.  Also -- please send me a roadmap for the illustrations.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records