Author Topic: Salt Talks at WoS?  (Read 8787 times)

gkabbt

Salt Talks at WoS?
« on: July 10, 2013, 07:37:35 PM »
Herr Wennerberg,

In this thread:  http://www.landracing.com/forum/index.php/topic,11488.0.html  I was reading about how one of the Salt Talks was rained out and you had moved it to WoS.  Also, from that thread, it appears that there was a Salt Talks at both Speedweek AND WoS 2012.
My only time to Speedweek was in 2009 and I really enjoyed Salt Talks.....Good to put a face with a name.
I will not be going to Speedweek this year but instead, will be going to WoS.
So for inquiring minds, the question is: Will there be a Salt Talks at both?

Thanks,
Gregg
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 07:43:03 PM by gkabbt »

Offline fast_TA

• New folks
Re: Salt Talks at WoS?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2013, 08:15:08 PM »
I enjoyed salt talk last year at WOS. If it was done again would try to make it.

Online Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2013, 09:04:58 PM »
Maybe there'll be one at both.  I'm about ready for bed -- but will try to remember to letcha know the story tomorrow.  Tune in again.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

gkabbt

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2013, 09:06:45 PM »
Maybe there'll be one at both.  I'm about ready for bed -- but will try to remember to letcha know the story tomorrow.  Tune in again.

Will do.....Thank you kind Sir!

Gregg

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2013, 06:02:30 AM »

Jon, you lost...there had to be a Salt Talk at the Speedweek and a Salt Talk at the World of Speed......I prepared for both a donation...so you got no excuse to have no Salt Talk at the World of Speed..... :-D
Pork Pie

Photoartist & Historian & 200 MPH Club Member (I/GL 202.8 mph in the orig. Bockscar #1000)

gkabbt

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2013, 07:17:50 AM »
Maybe there'll be one at both.  I'm about ready for bed -- but will try to remember to letcha know the story tomorrow.  Tune in again.

Jon, you lost...there had to be a Salt Talk at the Speedweek and a Salt Talk at the World of Speed......I prepared for both a donation...so you got no excuse to have no Salt Talk at the World of Speed..... :-D

Very diplomatic and well stated!.....Get him, PorkPie!  :-D  :-D  :-D

Gregg

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2013, 09:12:59 AM »
Jon, are you releasing the Tshirt art before SpeedWeek for all to view and order in advance or letting everyone wait until SpeedWeek?  :evil:

I know you don't but  :cheers: anyway
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Online Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2013, 10:23:36 AM »
Well, an anxious bunch, aren't you?  Here's some background on Salt Talks 2013:

First of all, last year ('12) we had Salt Talks at WoS ONLY -- because Nancy crashed at SW the day before the ST was scheduled, and I didn't want to try to run the event by myself when she was still only a few hours out of the hospital.  The WoS event came off quite well, for which we both thank one and all that helped and that attended.  I think it was the year before that we held ST at WoS because of a rainout at SW.  There -- the reasons for having a WoS land speed racer gathering last time around.

This year I've got a new situation for Salt Talks.  First part -- no big deal at all.  We're planning on having the picnic on Sunday, 11 August, probably at the parking lot of the new Bonneville Speed Museum (across from Mike Crawford's store at the extreme east end of Wendover).  We're begun talking with this and that group about some added attractions - but I won't go into details 'til I know for sure.  But yes, Salt Talks for SpeedWeek is well-planned-for.*

Salt Talks WoS would be fine -- if a bunch of you will help out.  Nancy won't be able to attend any Bville events other than SW this year, and that means I'd be on my own to run Salt Talks for WoS.  It takes a bunch of doing to run the party -- shopping the day of Salt Talks (fresh food), setting up the trailer and tables and stuff like that.  And that means whomever helps will miss most of the racing day as we chase around and do things.  Who's willing to help me?  Two people might be needed -- 'cause Nancy knows what to do and you and I won't be so well-trained.  And during the event we have the help of about a dozen people -- to cook, put out the food, sell tickets, and stuff like that.  Will you be willing to help?  Stand up and be counted, hey?

*Now - two more things, one of which is the planning for SpeedWeek.  The shirts are in the process now.  Our artists will have the art done by early next week, she says, and we've got most of the blank shirts here in the shop already.*  I haven't done any scrounging for swag to be given away at the raffle, so here's the first call -- donate stuff, please.  Team shirts, cool photographs (thanks, Pork Pie and others), historical items, gift certificates, and so on.  Let us know, please, if and what you'll be supplying. 

And most important of all -- Salt Talks is the major fund raiser for landracing.com during the race season.  I appreciate the help you're all willing to give to keep the site up and running, but I don't want to dilute the efforts by going too often to the well, so to speak.  Running the event takes a bunch of up-front cash for the food, for instance, and if too many folks decide not to attend -- "'cause I went to the SW event" - - then maybe we'll lose money at the WoS one.  I'd rather have one successful picnic than one good and one mediocre gathering.

Second *:  See next post about the shirts/art release date.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline dw230

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2013, 10:47:33 AM »
At WOS you may have a new group to draw from, 130/150 club only. 36 HP runners, etc.

DW
White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth

gkabbt

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2013, 06:06:33 PM »
Salt Talks WoS would be fine -- if a bunch of you will help out.  Nancy won't be able to attend any Bville events other than SW this year, and that means I'd be on my own to run Salt Talks for WoS.  It takes a bunch of doing to run the party -- shopping the day of Salt Talks (fresh food), setting up the trailer and tables and stuff like that.  And that means whomever helps will miss most of the racing day as we chase around and do things.  Who's willing to help me?  Two people might be needed -- 'cause Nancy knows what to do and you and I won't be so well-trained.  And during the event we have the help of about a dozen people -- to cook, put out the food, sell tickets, and stuff like that.  Will you be willing to help?  Stand up and be counted, hey?

Jon, as I put in my original post, I would really like to see a Salt Talks at WoS. Really good to put faces with names and a fun event to boot!
Having said that, I'm in to help you for the day (I'll be 1 of 2.....LOL!  :-D)

Gregg

Offline fast_TA

• New folks
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2013, 12:26:53 AM »
What time would you need volunteers to help with food and tickets

Offline Dakin Engineering

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2013, 08:28:46 AM »
We sure enjoyed Salt Talks last year and will glad to help if we can.

Sam
Team Graybeards
Turbo Sportsters since '97

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2013, 09:14:17 AM »
Jon, you may have to pay attention to what Nancy does at SW so you can give direction at WoS.  Or maybe she will write you a "to do" list. 
I'm sure she is good at giving direction... managed you for quite a while  :evil:
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

gkabbt

« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2013, 09:39:28 AM »
Jon, you may have to pay attention to what Nancy does at SW so you can give direction at WoS.  Or maybe she will write you a "to do" list. 
I'm sure she is good at giving direction...managed you for quite a while  :evil:

ROTFLMAO!  :-D  :cheers:

Gregg

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2013, 03:28:56 AM »
I'm sure she is good at giving direction... managed you for quite a while  :evil:

There I thought nobody can top my diplomatic....but Stainless done it easy with the left hand.... :roll:
Pork Pie

Photoartist & Historian & 200 MPH Club Member (I/GL 202.8 mph in the orig. Bockscar #1000)