Author Topic: Miller Welders for Speedweek and World of Speed  (Read 7375 times)

Offline BurtonBrown

• Victory Motorsports
Miller Welders for Speedweek and World of Speed
« on: June 17, 2013, 08:38:23 PM »
To All,

Miller Electric has sponsored me with some new welders Mig and Tig that we will be bringing along to speedweek and WOS. We will have a Tent set up by our pit with the welders, gas, helmet, wire, weld table, generator etc. This is for anyone who needs to weld something free of charge. All I ask is that you treat the equipment with respect and anyone is welcome to use it. I will have the contact info along to anyone who would like to send a thank you note to them.

When you really need to weld something on the salt they will really come in handy.....

We will have a G/GS #1707 and hopefully an E/GT #7701 as well.
Burton Brown
www.victorymotorsports.org
"Live every day like its your last....some day it will be"

Offline Tman

Re: Miller Welders for Speedweek and World of Speed
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2013, 09:13:56 PM »
Very cool offer, thanks! :cheers:

Offline Speed Limit 1000

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2013, 10:31:34 PM »
Outstanding :cheers: Very good of them to help our sport.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 10:08:20 AM by SPARKY »
John Gowetski, red hat @ 221.183 MPH MSA Lakester, Bockscar #1000 60 ci normally aspirated w/N20

Offline ratpatrol66

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2013, 10:32:39 PM »
I will make sure something needs to be TIG welded. I plan to but a Miller TIG this winter, and this would be a great chance to try out a demo? Do you know which one they will be sending? Very cool idea on Millers part! :cheers:

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2013, 10:49:00 PM »
Excellent.  Thanks for arranging that for all of us.  While I hope we don't need to take part, we have used a welder 2 meets in the last three years. 
Thanks again to you and Miller for helping out with amateur racing.
Please post the email address so we can send a thanks to Miller
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline BurtonBrown

• Victory Motorsports
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2013, 01:33:05 AM »
To All,

Two new welders, a Diversion 180 TIG and Multimatic 200 MIG/TIG/STICK welder. Both are lightweight but perform very well. Everyone should be able to weld anything associated with our cars/trailers/support equipment.

I will get the proper e-mail contact for people to send thanks. That will be helpful for this going forward.

Thanks
Burton

Offline Dean Los Angeles

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2013, 10:28:28 AM »
This is really excellent. Desperately needing a weld is a racers worst nightmare.

On the other hand, I'm bringing a boat load of tubing. I've got a whole week to weld up that new car! :mrgreen:
Well, it used to be Los Angeles . . . 50 miles north of Fresno now.
Just remember . . . It isn't life or death.
It's bigger than life or death! It's RACING.

Offline jl222

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2013, 12:08:29 PM »
To All,

Two new welders, a Diversion 180 TIG and Multimatic 200 MIG/TIG/STICK welder. Both are lightweight but perform very well. Everyone should be able to weld anything associated with our cars/trailers/support equipment.

I will get the proper e-mail contact for people to send thanks. That will be helpful for this going forward.

Thanks
Burton

I have been looking at that Diversion 180 tig to buy, 115 or 230 volts up to 3/16'' steel or aluminum and only
50 lbs. Also the folding welding table with a couple of clamps designed for table.
  $1645 online with rebate.

JL222

Offline rouse

• Impound is the place to be
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2013, 12:32:26 PM »
That sounds good to me.

I ran into needing a welding machine at speed week 1988. There wasn't anyone on the salt that had any welding equipment at all. I went to town and the only shop that had a welding machine was the Truck Repair place out off of HWY 80. The Man that ran the place wouldn't let me use his machine because he had 2 trailer frames that the DOT had impounded for cracks, and his welder would need it "when he got there". So I work a deal with him to weld the cracked frames on the trailer prior to welding my parts.

What a deal? :? He got free labor to weld the trailers and I got our parts fixed. Sounds like Miller is making things a lot easier. :cheers:

I buy Miller in my shop exclusively now.

Rouse
Johnnie Rouse
Bike 4680 P-PP2000 SCTA record 153.325    A-PF3000 182.920
                              Texas Mile 152.518 PP class  186 A-PF Class
If you love your freedom thank a vet.

Offline Ro Yale

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2013, 11:19:52 PM »
Great, Thank you and Miller very much.
Racers Race and Whiners Whine!

Offline BurtonBrown

• Victory Motorsports
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2013, 11:10:45 PM »
To my fellow Bonneville racers....

I am keeping good on my promise for the Welders. We are just pulling into Wendover and will set up in the morning (Saturday). We had some unfortunate issues with our liner and will not be able to race but if anyone needs to Weld anything we will have a mig and tig welder complete with supplies courtesy of Miller Welders. Feel free to call me on my cell at 920-585-0776 if you need to weld something and cant find us....

Here is a pic of our motorhome and trailer. We will try to set up in a central location in the pits. Look for the Crown Royal Flag.....its all I brought...
Tent will have Miller banners and I will also have big heavy duty tarps for sale.
Burton

Offline SteveM

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2013, 09:22:42 AM »
WOW - fantastic news!  I had been pondering the idea of borrowing a 110V MIG machine and a generator just in case we would need some welding done, but your offer just saved the hassle.

Thanks a million to you and Big Blue.

Steve.
1/2 of the Rampage Brothers

Offline WOODY@DDLLC

• ECTA made it to AR-Kansas!
    • Design Dreams, LLC
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2013, 12:05:48 AM »
Burton and the Millers have been popular!  :cheers:

He has some fantastic tarps and 50% proceeds go to Save the Salt!  :cheers:

He also has a long skinny black and gold thing - claims it is a streamliner!  :-o :-D
All models are wrong, but some are useful! G.E. Box (1967) www.designdreams.biz

Offline BurtonBrown

• Victory Motorsports
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2013, 09:28:27 PM »
To All

I am really glad I was able to help with the Miller Welder tent this year. I have been after my buddies at Miller for some time now to get involved with LSR....It seems we welded for 3 days straight.....B'urned up both bottles of gas and lots of consumables......But I think we helped put a few in the record books several in impound. I will find out whos e-mail at Miller to send the thank you's too. Please do this if you used the welders and explain what you did and if it helped set a record. I will need to bring a full time welder along next time because we will be busy racing.....

Burton Brown
Victory Motorsports
G/GS
www.victorymotorsports.org

Offline BurtonBrown

• Victory Motorsports
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2013, 05:50:22 AM »
Andy Weyenberg is the guy who was responsible at Miller for getting the welders out on the salt for us to use.
Please post a explanation of what you used the welders for on this thread and then send Andy a personal e-mail and thank him. andy.weyenberg@milerwelds.com
We felt this was a huge success and it getting that back to Andy will help us all in the future.
Burton