Author Topic: SOLD 29 Street Roadster SOLD  (Read 6266 times)

Offline jimmy six

SOLD 29 Street Roadster SOLD
« on: June 14, 2013, 02:42:51 PM »
I'm listing the #29 1929 Ford Street roadster for a the owner who has no e-mail. It was originally built by the late Frank Oddo for a Datson engine in the 70's for Street Rodder magazine. Also known as the Redi-Strip Special (before Franks lakester) and run with one of Bruce Giesler's blown Chevrolet @ 200 mph. It's second owner ran Pintos and the 3rd small blocks and GMC's. It has held Bonneville records with the GMC's in the 80'-90's.

It has 32 frame rails. The cage has been upgraded. The body is fiberglass with a 32 grille shell and aluminum hood. The rear fender are fiberglass also. It has a 9" Ford rear axle and a dropped Ford front. It comes with fuel, water tanks, tires, etc. and the #29 goes with it.

The own is interested in selling it with or without an engine. Small Block, Big Block Chevrolets, Stock Head and 12 port GMC's, and Chryslers are available.

You can contact me and I'll phone him with your number for him to call you back. (that's the way he would like to be contacted) I have no dog in the hunt...JD
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 08:48:53 PM by Stainless1 »
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

Offline Captthundarr

• In line
Re: 29 Street Roadster
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2013, 02:59:22 PM »
Prices/Pics??
Live,Laugh, Love /  Jack Scratch Racing /ECTA   
Amy Hartman-Driver, Frank Hartman-everthing else.
C/GALT 137.65 Ohio Mile check that 144.12 2013, AA/GALT 159.34 Ohio Mile 2014. B/GALT 180.577 RECORD 6/15

Offline NathanStewart

El Mirage 200 MPH Club Member

Offline jimmy six

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2013, 04:45:50 PM »
Thanks for the photos Nathan.....The way it was then. Paint is still the same, number, and tonneau. (just a pad laying on the top in photo).

Like I said I have no dog in the hunt, just a messenger for my friend.....pricing by him......JD
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

Offline fastman614

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2013, 02:06:35 AM »
Just so you know.... Frank had TWO roadsters..... The original #29 car was a Gas/Fuel Roadster that Frank "co-owned" with Jerry Jones..... circa 1975/1976 and later.....it was a metal bodied car....

This car, if the pics that Nathan posted are it, appears to be the STreet Roadster that was run in 1976 with a Datsun 2000cc engine (trhe project was sponsored/funded by TRM Publications - later McMullen Publishing-the publisher of Street Rodder magazine & other publications - for who Frank worked)...... I do not have any recollections of what this (the Supercharged Chevy) combination actually achieved for speed - although, I DO know that the Gas Roadster car went 201.456mph in (I think) 1978-melting 3 pistons in the process and being(at the time) only 3mph shy of qualifying for a record run.... and, come to think of it, 1979 Speedweek was the ONE meet that I missed due to building and moving into a new house at the time....

One other thing.... the name "Matthews" on the car was a young fella named Bud Matthews.... I do not know where he is now but he was a pretty good chassis fabricator... he may be around the SoCal area somewhere and someone may know who & where he is .....

No s*** sticks to the man wearing a teflon suit.

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2013, 01:36:51 PM »
Hijack!

I enjoyed seeing a picture of Fritz Kott's "World's Most Raced Roadster" (pickup).
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline Crazy Canuck

• New folks
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2013, 08:49:22 AM »
A new member to this website but not new to the website itself, a most enjoyable weekly read. Very interested in going land speed racing; drag racing days are far behind me and building hot rods just isn't enough. Made one visit to Speedweek several years ago and can't get the place and the event out of my mind. Been watching for a car to buy and this roadster fits the profile of what I would like to get if the price is right. Could I please have your phone number so I can make an inquiry as instructed by your initial posting. My contact information is Terry Huculak, live in Calgary Alberta, Canada, my phone number is 403-818-3044 and my email is thuculak@suncor.com. Thank you.

Offline jimmy six

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2013, 10:54:47 AM »
CrazyCanuck....I will forward your # to the owner..........JD

Offline jimmy six

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2013, 07:06:59 PM »
The person has sold the roadster...Not thru this site however.........Thanks for the few inquirys.................JD

Offline Crazy Canuck

• New folks
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2013, 02:33:41 PM »
Disappointing news but thanks for letting me know.