ONLY
« on: June 12, 2013, 09:29:00 AM »
73 DAYS TO GO PEOPLE.

:-D

Offline makr

• I make my own rules
Re: ONLY
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2013, 06:50:30 AM »
After a massive effort this year, I am ready. I have some testing to do that I hope will not reveal some massive flaw in my thinking, but yeah, bring it on!
Ride fast, safety last.

https://speedofcheeseracing.com/

Offline Uncle Jimbo

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2013, 11:29:02 AM »
What type of project are you working on makr ?  Where do you perform your testing, on a dyno or track ?
Inquiring minds like to know.  :-D

We hope to get some testing on the Iron Ghost at the Great Lakes Dragway "da Grove" in two weeks. Thursday eves. are Bikes & Slicks night - you can just about hot lap, and get tons of data to work with.  Goin to freshin up the top end and change back to the E carb after Wilmington.  LTA in July, then our favorite BUB at Bnvle in August. Life is good.

We havin fun, or what   :cheers:

Jimbo
From days of old, when knights were bold, and rode Iron Horses
24 Land Speed Records
M/PP 1350 AMA/BUB - M/CPG 1350 - M/CPF 1350 - LTA
M/PG 1650 - M/PF 1650 - AMA/BUB
A/PG 1650 - A/PF 1650 -  ECTA - LTA
Top speed to date 194.664

Offline Pippi

• "do or do not...there is no try"-Yoda
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2013, 11:57:52 AM »
It's a lovely Saturday morning and I am in the office working on entry forms! I hope you are all in the shop getting your bikes ready! We can all go fishing AFTER the event!  :-D

Offline maj

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2013, 05:22:41 PM »
We have ~18 days till the bikes go on the boat
then the pressure is off , may go fishing then  :-D

See you on the salt  :cheers:

Offline makr

• I make my own rules
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2013, 09:57:24 PM »
What type of project are you working on makr ?  Where do you perform your testing, on a dyno or track ?
Inquiring minds like to know.  :-D

We hope to get some testing on the Iron Ghost at the Great Lakes Dragway "da Grove" in two weeks. Thursday eves. are Bikes & Slicks night - you can just about hot lap, and get tons of data to work with.  Goin to freshin up the top end and change back to the E carb after Wilmington.  LTA in July, then our favorite BUB at Bnvle in August. Life is good.

We havin fun, or what   :cheers:

Jimbo

I finally have given up on keeping the air cooled engine...well, cool. So I built this new liquid cooled top end. Which means everything is new.

Lets just say there are some desolate roads in Utah if you know where to look. I also have built a dyno that is almost finished. Hope to do final tuning on it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2vpUnlwEjs

teehee

Ride fast, safety last.

Offline wobblywalrus

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2013, 01:45:57 AM »
That's cool.  Did you take any pictures when you made it?

Offline makr

• I make my own rules
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2013, 09:25:11 AM »
Ride fast, safety last.

Offline Uncle Jimbo

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2013, 11:42:59 AM »
Very nice !  Thanks for posting the build pictures. In the video, that engine sure sounds happy.

Jimbo
From days of old, when knights were bold, and rode Iron Horses
24 Land Speed Records
M/PP 1350 AMA/BUB - M/CPG 1350 - M/CPF 1350 - LTA
M/PG 1650 - M/PF 1650 - AMA/BUB
A/PG 1650 - A/PF 1650 -  ECTA - LTA
Top speed to date 194.664

Offline wobblywalrus

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2013, 12:57:13 PM »
Earlier this year I was doing a lot of research on fuels for the Triumph.  Some of the race fuel suppliers have gasoline that is specially blended for two strokes.

Years ago I ran a 1974 Yamaha SC500 in the dez.  It was a single cylinder air cooled two stroke.  The piston was set up loose so it would not seize.  Unfortunately, it would rock and rattle in the bore and a crack would form between the edge and a slot in the piston skirt.  I had to put in a lot of new pistons as preventative maintenance.  Water cooling like you have done would have been the solution.

Nice job.       

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2013, 05:24:17 PM »
I just read all 11 pages of your build diary in 2strokeworld.com . You do amazing work. I'm looking forward to seeing the results, both on your dyno and the great white dyno. I wish you all the best after the supreme effort you've put forth.

Pete

Offline makr

• I make my own rules
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2013, 09:58:53 PM »
Very nice !  Thanks for posting the build pictures. In the video, that engine sure sounds happy.

Jimbo

Thanks. It runs so well.

Earlier this year I was doing a lot of research on fuels for the Triumph.  Some of the race fuel suppliers have gasoline that is specially blended for two strokes.

Years ago I ran a 1974 Yamaha SC500 in the dez.  It was a single cylinder air cooled two stroke.  The piston was set up loose so it would not seize.  Unfortunately, it would rock and rattle in the bore and a crack would form between the edge and a slot in the piston skirt.  I had to put in a lot of new pistons as preventative maintenance.  Water cooling like you have done would have been the solution.

Nice job.       

What did they do different with the fuel?

I just read all 11 pages of your build diary in 2strokeworld.com . You do amazing work. I'm looking forward to seeing the results, both on your dyno and the great white dyno. I wish you all the best after the supreme effort you've put forth.

Pete

Thanks. I hope this is my year, but I said that last year. haha I have as much fun building and learning as I do racing.
Ride fast, safety last.

Offline wobblywalrus

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2013, 12:50:16 AM »
This week I will post some links to the 2-stroke fuels.  Fuel choice is part of thermal management.

Offline salt27

« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2013, 02:18:51 AM »
Makr,
 I just read all 13 pages of your build in 2-stroke world, WOW.

Some how my hammer, jigsaw and file seem a little inadequate now.

Very nice job is an understatement.

I wish you the best at Bubs, Don

Offline stay`tee

• "Kawasaki ZX12 Turbocharged"
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2013, 03:13:06 AM »
could you please go roll up that piece of blacktop and send it over, :-D
First Australian to ride a motorcycle over 200mph at Bonneville,,,