Author Topic: wilmington weekend two thumbs up  (Read 5451 times)

Offline flight704

• New folks
wilmington weekend two thumbs up
« on: June 09, 2013, 09:08:00 PM »
   I just wanted to get on here and say my son and I had a great time at wilmington saturday.  We are new to the sport and plan on competing next year    Just walking around talking to a lot of the competitors and EVERYBODY is always supportive / encouraging and so on about getting people involved in the sport..

Weather was good cars were great and the people are well thats already been said.

any ways  Thanks to every one competitors sponsors wilmington air park  and anyone  else who gets this thing in action..

c u in july 

:cheers:

duke :)

Offline Fheckro

Re: wilmington weekend two thumbs up
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2013, 08:03:12 AM »
Hey Duke

Glad u rnjoyed it. Hope to see u back again.

Fred
9479 Monza C/CGC
Current record Holder @ 180.000

Offline Uncle Jimbo

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2013, 09:12:56 AM »
What a great weekend !   A big time Thanks to Joe, Keith, and all the Volunteers.  Without the volunteers this game may not happen, you guys, & ladies ROCK.
Good weather, good food on site, seeing old friends, making new ones, and goin fast for a weekend - life is good. :cheers:
 Till next time - stay happy & healthy

Jimbo
Riley, Fischer & Witt    (no it's not a law firm)  :-D
From days of old, when knights were bold, and rode Iron Horses
24 Land Speed Records
M/PP 1350 AMA/BUB - M/CPG 1350 - M/CPF 1350 - LTA
M/PG 1650 - M/PF 1650 - AMA/BUB
A/PG 1650 - A/PF 1650 -  ECTA - LTA
Top speed to date 194.664

Offline Truckedup

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2013, 02:02:04 PM »
 We are Champions! The 650 Triumph I built from a pile of parts and my rookie rider did the trick

My rider/good friend on the bike, me holding the new record time slip.

Triumph 650 LTA MPG record holder  133.1 MPH...

Offline RidgeRunner

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2013, 05:05:08 PM »
Congratulations! 

Looks like 2 new addiction hooks set now!

Ed

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2013, 05:10:54 PM »
We are Champions! The 650 Triumph I built from a pile of parts and my rookie rider did the trick

I'm guessing the replacement oil tank did the trick. Congratulations on the effort and the result.  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Pete

Offline Uncle Jimbo

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2013, 05:12:43 PM »
Super Cool Truckedup -
 Doin it with basket cases of parts put together makes it extra special in my book. Good for you guys !  :cheers:

Jimbo
24 Land Speed Records

Offline rouse

• Impound is the place to be
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2013, 05:45:17 PM »
Sounds like you folks had a great time up there.

Truckedup; I can't read your time slip, what did you run? Nothing like having fun old school way.

Uncle Jimbo; How did you run?

Numbers; I like numbers.

Rouse
Johnnie Rouse
Bike 4680 P-PP2000 SCTA record 153.325    A-PF3000 182.920
                              Texas Mile 152.518 PP class  186 A-PF Class
If you love your freedom thank a vet.

Offline rouse

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2013, 05:48:34 PM »

Jimbo
Riley, Fischer & Witt    (no it's not a law firm)  :-D

Maybe not; But it is a who's-who, no doubt about that.

Rouse
Johnnie Rouse
If you love your freedom thank a vet.

Offline Uncle Jimbo

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2013, 08:55:56 PM »
We had a great time Rouse -  :cheers:   Not with out the usual glitch here & there though.  We brought the old Iron Head Gray Ghost out of moth balls to have some fun and experiment with a different carb other then the old Bendix, which he had to run to be PP class. But no more M/PP so lets play with M/PG with the 39 year old Sporty. We had what turned out to be a reversion problem the first two runs (took us that long to figure out)  We put a stack on it that Dan Kinsey made for us awhile back & it remedied the situation.  Next gremlin was the front end started acting a bit too stiff which I didn't care for at speed, but was still safe. The ole boy been sittin in da garage too long.  Any how - big time fun on the ole Iron Ghost and we got to 141.9558

Next up was the Alloy Ghost II  - Short story here cause its still developing -  100 cu. in.  S&S Super Stock Sportster motor in a 1998 Sportster frame. 170 + so far first year out. As you know, we run both naked.  We feel the data shows after this weekend - more H P to come.

I give a big [i]Tip of the Hat[/i]to all the SCTA Volunteers. Every one I met & talked to were great Al's team of assistants at the staging are top notch. You guys & ladies ROCK !

Its what we do - see you all next time - but wait, LTA is coming up - oooopps  hope I didn't step on anybody's toes.
In the meen time -Lets Go Blackhawks ! ! !    :-D  :cheers:

Remember - be positive & positive things will happen.
Jimbo
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 09:04:00 PM by Uncle Jimbo »
24 Land Speed Records

Offline Nortonist 592

• http://www.artfv.com/design/fashion/
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2013, 12:08:45 AM »

My rider/good friend on the bike, me holding the new record time slip.

Congrats TU!!!  I've been following your build on a couple of forums.  So what was the bottom line?  How fast?
Get off the stove Grandad.  You're too old to be riding the range.

Offline Truckedup

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2013, 06:31:08 AM »
 Thanks,the bike ran a 117.73 on a 116 record. I geared it too  short and ran out of RPM's well before the finish line. Retune ,change gearing and try again.But a win is a win!
  The track officials are friendly,overall a great experience.And yes it's addicting.My rider wants a "whistler"...That being a much faster machine that whistles as it cuts through the air.  :-D
Triumph 650 LTA MPG record holder  133.1 MPH...

Offline MiltonP

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2013, 02:55:39 PM »
Great event.  Amazing turn around making passes.  Thanks to all the volunteers.  I was troubleshooting a bit on Saturday and only ended up bumping my record by around 8/10ths but I did learn a good bit and got a lot of log info and know what to work on next, namely me! 

There were a few timing glitches as some forms didn't have 1/2 mile speeds and I heard a few didn't print but the delays were few and short from my perspective.  Only saw a few off track excursions and bummer to see the Studebaker on a trailer but grateful that no one was hurt in that adventure.

The announcing on 91.5 was great but there was a little disappointment in no reception, and therefore no speakers, down at the starting line where quite a few spectators were hanging out.  They still seemed very happy in any case.  Had some very good food and wonderful entertainment by the Ladies of ECTA from my front row seat at the trailer.  What more could I ask for?   :cheers:

Offline WOODY@DDLLC

• ECTA made it to AR-Kansas!
    • Design Dreams, LLC
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2013, 10:56:22 PM »
We had a great time Rouse -  :cheers:   Not with out the usual glitch here & there though.  We brought the old Iron Head Gray Ghost out of moth balls to have some fun and experiment with a different carb other then the old Bendix, which he had to run to be PP class. But no more M/PP so lets play with M/PG with the 39 year old Sporty. We had what turned out to be a reversion problem the first two runs (took us that long to figure out)  We put a stack on it that Dan Kinsey made for us awhile back & it remedied the situation.  Next gremlin was the front end started acting a bit too stiff which I didn't care for at speed, but was still safe. The ole boy been sittin in da garage too long.  Any how - big time fun on the ole Iron Ghost and we got to 141.9558

Next up was the Alloy Ghost II  - Short story here cause its still developing -  100 cu. in.  S&S Super Stock Sportster motor in a 1998 Sportster frame. 170 + so far first year out. As you know, we run both naked.  We feel the data shows after this weekend - more H P to come.

I give a big [i]Tip of the Hat[/i]to all the SCTA Volunteers. Every one I met & talked to were great Al's team of assistants at the staging are top notch. You guys & ladies ROCK !

Its what we do - see you all next time - but wait, LTA is coming up - oooopps  hope I didn't step on anybody's toes.
In the meen time -Lets Go Blackhawks ! ! !    :-D  :cheers:

Remember - be positive & positive things will happen.
Jimbo

Old iron and even older dudes!  :-o :-o :-o
All models are wrong, but some are useful! G.E. Box (1967) www.designdreams.biz

Offline rouse

« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2013, 09:06:50 AM »
Birds of a feather / Iron Head

Rouse
Johnnie Rouse