Author Topic: World of Speed 2013  (Read 19946 times)

Offline USFRAMONTE

Re: World of Speed 2013
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2013, 12:36:52 PM »
Jon is on to something there.  We have asked Glen to handle the CB radio broadcast for WOS, and he has
accepted our invite.  Ron Christensen will still be doing the AM radio and Glen will be in the timing stand
working the CB.  We are excited to have Glen as part of our crew this year.  Also Jon is working to see if there is a way to get the landracing radio equipment back out to the salt.  There is a chance that you all
will be able to listen to live streaming from World of Speed.

Offline USFRAMONTE

« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2013, 12:39:50 PM »
Last year returning from WoS I bought this small wing tank in the little town of Hagerman, Idaho. I seemed to be purposed as a carnival ride at some time in it's life, had a seat, steering wheel and tail fin; might have had wings too. It measures about 75" long and 24" OD.  Now it's being converted into a "go-get-ice cream-pit car", powered by a small diesel engine, the 16" wheels (14" wheels in photo) are to have Moon disks, plus it will be decked out with a few other hot-rod things.  Needless to say it is taking longer than anticipated and will not make the 2013 tank display at WoS. 

Michael
Michael, don't be shy about bringing a "work in progress" to WOS.  From the photos that looks to be a very cool machine.  I'm sure capable of very high fuel economy!

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2013, 12:47:29 PM »
Well  what a hard choice---keep plugging away and maybe make the WF   or hang the sheet metal and bring the WW to the WoS and try to get it in the wind tunnel----really need to know how much lift this thing really will have
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

gkabbt

« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2013, 03:53:20 PM »
SSS, PM sent!

Gregg

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2013, 06:39:02 PM »
...and I'e sent two responses back to you, Gregg.  We'll get it done. :cheers:
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Tom Liberatore

« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2013, 05:47:22 PM »
Jon is on to something there.  We have asked Glen to handle the CB radio broadcast for WOS, and he has
accepted our invite.  Ron Christensen will still be doing the AM radio and Glen will be in the timing stand
working the CB.  We are excited to have Glen as part of our crew this year.  Also Jon is working to see if there is a way to get the landracing radio equipment back out to the salt.  There is a chance that you all
will be able to listen to live streaming from World of Speed.

Great news! I can't wait to hear him say, "Take it to Impound"! :-D
Pepperoni Bros.- XF/VOT

Offline bbarn

Re: Re: Re: World of Speed 2013
« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2013, 06:03:00 PM »
As a fan of everything that runs on the salt, very much looking forward to WOS in a few weeks.

I didn't see an entry list (sorry if I missed it) but like a lot of people wondering which of the "fast" cars might be in attendance?

I know Target 550 debut...

Danny Thompson?
Zainfeld Turbine?
Freyvogle?
Turbinator?

others?

WOS can't get here soon enough!

Woz

The 496 entry fielded by Carbinite LSR (Freyvogel) intends on being there. We are wrapping up some little items and getting parts into the paint booth. Looks like a better than 99% chance of fast for us. Hopefully the weather and track conditions support our efforts.
I almost never wake up cranky, I usually just let her sleep in.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #37 on: August 22, 2013, 08:04:47 PM »
YES!!! Rob
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline USFRAMONTE

« Reply #38 on: August 26, 2013, 09:57:40 AM »
I made trip out to the salt on Saturday morning.  No standing water anywhere, not even at lands end.
Bub had laid out their short course between SW course 1 and the pit area.  Their long course is the
international course. 
We will be going out again next Saturday to report on salt conditions and take pictures so we can post a
report here.  We will make sure we have the best track conditions possible.

Offline Dave Haller

« Reply #39 on: August 26, 2013, 10:07:42 AM »
Thanks Monty, your the best.