Author Topic: Wilmington June Picture Post  (Read 22950 times)

Offline 55chevr

Re: Wilmington June Picture Post
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2013, 02:02:06 PM »
Perfect weather so far.  80* and overcast virtually no window.

Joe

gkabbt

« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2013, 05:19:22 PM »
As Joe posted above, a perfect day for racing.

My pics from today are showing bikes and cars in the staging lanes and starting line this morning and then some in the pits this afternoon. There is one pic showing a roadster coming through the lights but my camera is not good enough to really get good pics of these. As I posted yesterday about the number of entries around 90 - 100, many folks were getting multiple runs as the day progressed.

Things were incident free until around 3:00 when Pete (I think that's right) Calaguiro in the 6222 LS1 Turbo C/BGALT Yellow Studebaker made his second pass. When he came into the lights and pulled his chute on this 199 run, the chute raised the rear of the car and he started into a right hand power slide. This sent him off the track, into the grass through a ditch ending him up near pit road at the short shutdown. Thankfully he did not roll. My next to the last pic shows his car after he stopped. It's not on fire, I think just steam from the radiator.

After the 6222 incident was cleaned up and we went back to racing, another minor incident occurred on the very next run. Bob Larimore in the 1123 B/GC Firebird came into the lights on a 170's pass and the throttle appeared to stick. I'm assuming that while he was dealing with what was happening he did not pull his chute until after short shutdown and just barely got the car stopped before the end of the track.

Great driving from both guys!

My FM radio did not pickup at the starting line so there were many cars and bikes that ran that I did not get speeds for. When I went down to the pits, where the radio worked great, I did hear that one of the bikes had run a 229. Sorry, don't know what the fastest car was although I do know that several were over 200.

I would like to send out kudos to Charles (Cajun Kid) Venable in the 805 C/CFALT Studebaker. He tried at Maxton and here to get over 200 and he finally did it today with a 200.982 pass. GREAT job Charles!

Sean Motes, in the 9860 AA/BGSS Big Bad Black Cad, lost his transmission on his second pass after running 178 on his first....MAJOR BUMMER!  If you do not know, this thing is street driven!!!!! Man, I LOVE this car!

4-barrel Mike ----- Mike, on the second page of my Photobucket, there are 4 pics of Paul Calaguiro's E/CFALT 2.3 N/A Ranchero engine that might be of interest to you. He's got some neat stuff in there.

Sorry for the long post but it was a good day.

Here is my Photobucket link and I hope you enjoy:

http://s947.photobucket.com/user/GKABBT/library/Wilmington%2006082013?sort=2&page=1

Gregg  
« Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 08:48:52 PM by gkabbt »

Offline 4-barrel Mike

• Any fool can drive a V8
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2013, 06:08:29 PM »
Great pics, Gregg.  Thanks.

Mike
Mike Kelly - PROUD owner of the V4F that powered the #1931 VGC to a 82.803 mph record in 2008!

Offline WOODY@DDLLC

• ECTA made it to AR-Kansas!
    • Design Dreams, LLC
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2013, 07:41:25 PM »
I would like to send out kudos to Charles (Cajun Kid) Venable in the 805 C/CFALT Studebaker. He tried at Maxton and here to get over 200 and he finally did it today with a 200.982 pass. GREAT job Charles!

And we will NEVER get that Subaru eating grin off his face!  :-D :-D :-D

Hope to get some pix up later - if not tomorrow for sure!  :cheers:

Woody
All models are wrong, but some are useful! G.E. Box (1967) www.designdreams.biz

gkabbt

« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2013, 07:47:00 PM »

And we will NEVER get that Subaru eating grin off his face!  :-D :-D :-D

Woody

How true and it probably did not help matters as I bowed down as he came up the return road after the run....LOL!   :-D

Gregg

Offline Graham in Aus

« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2013, 08:19:10 PM »
Great news for the Cajun Kid! I hope he posts about it, seems a while since Charles told us all about his exploits!

Congrats!  :cheers:

gkabbt

« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2013, 08:25:26 PM »
Great news for the Cajun Kid! I hope he posts about it, seems a while since Charles told us all about his exploits!

Congrats!  :cheers:

Graham, I was told at the last meet that Charles now posts on the ECTA's Ohio Mile Facebook page.
I don't do Facebook so I am just assuming this is true since he is no longer here.

Gregg

gkabbt

« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2013, 08:35:16 PM »
Just saw Calvin Smith's (27 A/FRMR) truck and trailer come back to the hotel so I am assuming he is finished for the weekend.

I SWEAR, I think I could fit at least 3 or 4 Rampages into that trailer!.....DANG, that sucker is long!   :-D

Gregg

Offline wheelrdealer

• D/CBGALT
    • WHEELRDEALER RACING
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2013, 08:54:11 PM »
Thanks Gregg.

Go to hear Charles busting the deuce.

BR
ECTA    Maxton D/CGALT  Record Holder 167.522
ECTA    Maxton D/CBGALT Record Holder 166.715

WWW.WHEELRDEALER2100.COM

Offline jacksoni

« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2013, 09:32:34 PM »
Nice going Charles!!. I spoke with him after his first pass which was 195 and change. He was a bit disappointed as had added about an 80 shot of N20 on his not set up for it motor (ie not optimized) but felt that after getting the gears hot a second run might be better. He has been chasing the number so again, Congratulations!!
Jack Iliff
 G/BGS-250.235 1987
 G/GC- 193.550 2021
  G/FAlt- 193.934 2021 (196.033 best)
 G/GMS-182.144 2019

Offline WOODY@DDLLC

• ECTA made it to AR-Kansas!
    • Design Dreams, LLC
All models are wrong, but some are useful! G.E. Box (1967) www.designdreams.biz

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2013, 01:31:29 AM »
Nice set of pictures Woody! Thank-you.  :-D :-D :-D

Pete

Offline Graham in Aus

« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2013, 10:10:56 AM »
Ha! Love the Corvolvo, or is that a Volvette ?

Sleeper........  :-P

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
    • Milwaukee Midget Racing
« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2013, 10:36:15 AM »
Woody - regarding the "Das Bullet" tank.

Looks like he's running an IRS and the front suspension looks like it was lifted from some sports racer.

Or was that fabbed from scratch?

Have fun today, boys and girls!
"Problems are almost always a sign of progress."  Harold Bettes
Well, I guess we're making a LOT of progress . . .  :roll:

Offline Das Bullet

• New folks
« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2013, 11:21:12 AM »
Fab from scratch. We went 197 Sat Morning. Sucked some foreign material into the drysump pump. Wiped out the pump, not sure what the material was, will find out nest week.