Author Topic: Fire Systems  (Read 14417 times)

Offline Ron Gibson

Re: Fire Systems
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2013, 04:49:33 PM »
SFI 17.1 Says systems can't be used more than 6 years, have to be de-commisioned after that time. Copyrighted, can't post rule.

Ron
Life is an abrasive. Whether you get ground away or polished to a shine depends on what you are made of.

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2013, 04:54:50 PM »
BUT -- the SCTA Rule Book doesn't specify SFI certification.  Maybe Warner or Stainless will ring in on this.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline dw230

« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2013, 05:04:27 PM »
Sent question to Roy Creel.

DW
White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2013, 06:14:44 PM »
He's at the Puerto Rico Independence (PRI) festival in, I believe, Indianapolis this year.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline Tman

« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2013, 06:25:28 PM »
He's at the Puerto Rico Independence (PRI) festival in, I believe, Indianapolis this year.

Hmm, I always thought PRI meant something else automotive related? Thanks for clearing that up Stan! :-D :wink: :roll: :cheers:

Offline Rick Byrnes

« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2013, 06:39:06 PM »
What is the expiration date of DRIVERS?

Rick

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2013, 07:45:38 PM »
Comin' right up!

Offline Dr Goggles

• The Jarman-Stewart "Spirit of Sunshine" Bellytank
    • "Australian Bellytank" , http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/
« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2013, 09:20:18 PM »
I can't guarrantee this definitively but I always thought ColdFire "corroded" Al bottles because it is a bipolar solvent, a "soap" Al2O3 is an impervious insoluable compound that protects the (very reactive)surface of pure Al, if you polish or  dissolve this very thin corrosion layer, another will form, and another......til it is all gone.

As for the argument about soap v Halon. I have clients with aquired brain injuries, one from being trapped in a space with limited oxygen, not long, but long enough. Choose your poison, for me its "soapy water" :cheers:
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 09:47:35 PM by Dr Goggles »
Few understand what I'm trying to do but they vastly outnumber those who understand why...................

http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/

Current Australian E/GL record holder at 215.041mph

THE LUCKIEST MAN IN SLOW BUSINESS.

Offline TIIILSR

• New folks
« Reply #38 on: December 12, 2013, 05:18:57 AM »
Thanks for the info guys, I am sure there will be more stated.

I am now in the market for a 10 pound push type FE-36 with 4 nozzles.

Mike
Mike
Jackpot motorsports

Offline wheelrdealer

• D/CBGALT
    • WHEELRDEALER RACING
« Reply #39 on: December 12, 2013, 07:22:49 AM »
Good info thanks.

This year I have replaced a set of belts, a helmet and two fire bottles. I figure SFI knows more about safety than I do. But I can't say I enjoy replacing what appears to be perfectly good serviceable equipment.

As a side note for those building cars that want a certain look we can powder coat  a 5 or 10 lbs fire bottles any color you want. We then send the bottle to FireBottle and they will build and charge the system. We can even polish the bottles if you want that custom look.

BR
ECTA    Maxton D/CGALT  Record Holder 167.522
ECTA    Maxton D/CBGALT Record Holder 166.715

WWW.WHEELRDEALER2100.COM