Author Topic: Roadkill Blown Monza  (Read 10959 times)

Offline dw230

Re: Roadkill Blown Monza
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2013, 08:07:15 PM »
I checked too. The  same section, 4.FF, in the ECTA rulebook.

DW
White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline Captthundarr

• In line
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2013, 08:12:52 PM »
Thanx, Glenn.  I just did consult the Rule Book.

Page 50, 4.FF Supercharged

. . . Blown shall be an . . . engine . . . with a supercharger . . . or turbocharger powered by the primary engine.

Yep, yep yep read that earlier today without relating it to this ......thing.
Live,Laugh, Love /  Jack Scratch Racing /ECTA   
Amy Hartman-Driver, Frank Hartman-everthing else.
C/GALT 137.65 Ohio Mile check that 144.12 2013, AA/GALT 159.34 Ohio Mile 2014. B/GALT 180.577 RECORD 6/15

Offline dw230

« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2013, 09:18:40 PM »
So does this mean that if someone shows up in Ohio in a legal C/CBGAlt and ran 137 he could not record?

DW

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2013, 09:20:09 PM »
He could just jump to AA.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline maguromic

• http://www.barringtontea.com
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2013, 09:38:07 PM »
All this is going to drive me to join the AA. Tony
“If you haven’t seen the future, you are not going fast enough”

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2013, 09:41:07 PM »
One more A and you get free towing.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline RansomT

« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2013, 09:28:08 AM »
One more A and you get free towing.

For only 10 miles.  But I guess you could turn the leaf blowers around and blow the car home.  :-D

Offline Plmkrze

• Oh Yea
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2013, 10:33:27 AM »
Yawn, I had biscuits and gravy for breakfast.  8-)

Still, it is funny as shit! :-D
"Trim it, whittle it, make it work."

East Coast Cherry Pickers Association (ECCPA) and proud of it!

Offline jacksoni

« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2013, 12:10:51 PM »
So does this mean that if someone shows up in Ohio in a legal C/CBGAlt and ran 137 he could not record?

DW

Being as another car running C/CGAlt went 196 which I figger is about right, I'd be sort of embarassed to bring a "legal" C/CBGAlt that was only capable of  137. Considering the loosey goosey rules about running up classes and stuff, not sealing gas tanks, believing what the driver/owner says about displacement etc etc, whats the problem with 6 motors in a car these guys were having fun with> Sort of who cares (except the guy with the legal car only going 137).  :cheers:
Jack Iliff
 G/BGS-250.235 1987
 G/GC- 193.550 2021
  G/FAlt- 193.934 2021 (196.033 best)
 G/GMS-182.144 2019

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2013, 12:23:52 PM »
Nothing wrong with that.

But don't you think it sorta diminishes the worth and integrity of being a record-holder?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 12:38:59 PM by Stan Back »

Offline jacksoni

« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2013, 01:26:11 PM »
Nothing wrong with that.

But don't you think it sorta diminishes the worth and integrity of being a record-holder?
Yes.

But the guy with a blown 2 liter going 220+ in a AA something class making it pretty tough for anybody with  larger motors to compete is a problem for me too. Back in the day, blown engines at Bonneville were bumped 2 engine size classes and ran against the NA cars. Mostly superchargers not turbos I think in those days.

I can understand the ECTA rule that allows, for instance, a /GC car to run /Alt or /CC as those classes are supposed to be a bit faster. Similar (which has already been a topic/thread here with some distress expressed) allowing Gas cars to run in fuel classes. That is allowed by SCTA. Gas against MeOH or EtOH can be pretty close but since when is N20 or Nitro any sort of level playing field against an alcohol or (legal or Illegal) gasoline motor. Mostly I don't think a blown motor vs NA is any way a level field either so I'm not so happy about that part either. But as they say, "Them's the rules>"

I work hard to meet the letter of the rules. I put far too much effort and money into it to just come out to run for fun. Going to Bonneville for me is close to $2000 just in fuel to drive out and back let alone everything else. If I don't have a shot at a record it makes it much harder to do so I would like a mostly level playing field. Sometimes I am running against myself, but not always and as all of us, am always trying to go faster with what I have.  And so setting a record is a big thing and makes the time effort and money worth it. There isn't anybody on this forum or any other racer that runs to be last.
Jack Iliff
 G/BGS-250.235 1987
 G/GC- 193.550 2021
 G/GMS-182.144 2019

Offline dw230

« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2013, 02:03:55 PM »
Jack,

Your reply #6 stated that Freiburger was given the 139 record. Was there a legal class car running 196 at the meet?

The SCTA allows for event gas cars to run fuel classes. If your 500 shot N2O engine cannot compete against a gas car in fuel class it might be time to look to your combination and tune.

DW

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline dw230

« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2013, 02:05:45 PM »
Last comment,

I, like you, don't have enough money to run for fun. Any meets we go to are for records and nothing else.

DW

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline Plmkrze

• Oh Yea
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2013, 02:15:36 PM »
Hey, this whole thing is tongue in cheek. So, don’t read into it too deeply. Let’s keep this thread for what it was intended for. A good Laugh!  I was in line in front of this thing for its “maiden” voyage. It is exactly what it was intended to be. A HOOPTY!! A blown Hoopty at that! And I laughed my ass off!  8-)
"Trim it, whittle it, make it work."

East Coast Cherry Pickers Association (ECCPA) and proud of it!

Offline jacksoni

« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2013, 02:57:50 PM »
Jack,

Your reply #6 stated that Freiburger was given the 139 record. Was there a legal class car running 196 at the meet?

The SCTA allows for event gas cars to run fuel classes. If your 500 shot N2O engine cannot compete against a gas car in fuel class it might be time to look to your combination and tune.

DW
Dan- the 196 car I referenced was running unblown in C/CGAlt and what I was trying to point out was pretty much the Roadkill car went about what one would expect and we see from unprepared C class cars and the blowers maybe got them couple mph.  For instance friend of mine there ran 190 with a C/Pro Firebird. Legal car. I agree if the N2O car you suggest above  can't compete you do have a problem. My issue is the reverse, the gasoline car can't compete with the 500 shot nitrous- and of course should know better. That is why ECTA (and SCTA) allow gas cars to run in fuel classes. But as I mentioned, there was a thread here where- don't want to misquote- a bike guy running fuel was concerned that a gas bike ran in his class- faster. Have I got that right? I apologize if not.

Anyway, Mr Plmkrze- I agree 100%. They were trying to make a point, however silly, did it, had a lot of fun and I am all for it. And record is low enough that a "real" (if you will allow me) C/CBGAlt or similar should have no trouble putting it up a lot so isn't of great importance. We are having fun doing this and that is the point.
Jack Iliff
 G/BGS-250.235 1987
 G/GC- 193.550 2021
 G/GMS-182.144 2019