Author Topic: Marian Deist Passing  (Read 2988 times)

Offline maggie19664

• New folks
Marian Deist Passing
« on: May 31, 2013, 11:48:48 AM »
 :-( MARIAN DEIST
The last founder of Deist Safety, Marian Deist, passed away this morning at 4:30am. She will be honored through a private memorial service for family and close friends, and later in June a memorial for the public. Details will be given once we have them.

We cherish everything that both she and Jim did for the company and for the racing industry, and the company strives to uphold those values for many years to come.

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
Re: Marian Deist Passing
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2013, 05:26:51 PM »
RIP Mrs Deist.

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2013, 07:41:46 PM »
I have known the Deist family since 1956 and spent many hours with Jim and Marian at the drags and on the salt. Safety was first on their list and the comstant upgrades for their great equipment. Several people tested their safety equipment starting with drag chutes and one of the most important was fire suits and  fire ex-systems.
Marian will be missed along with Jim.
Her grandaughter is in touch with me and I will update when the service information is availble.
Marian RIP and God Speed.
Glen and Carol Barrett
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 09:58:52 AM by Glen »
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline Rob

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2013, 01:48:12 AM »
When we were over there in 2010 we dropped in and bought a heap of safety gear at the store. Marian took the time to search out some balloons and played with my then 7 year old son for the whole of our visit. The service was great and they went out of their way to accommodate us.

A sad day indeed, RIP Marian.

Rob

Offline fastman614

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2013, 02:14:43 AM »
Marian was a sweetheart alright!...... SO SAD to hear this.....

Godspeed Marian ...... we will see you on the other side....... Give Jim a big hug and kiss too!
No s*** sticks to the man wearing a teflon suit.