Author Topic: Fire system questions  (Read 1887 times)

Offline xxobuick

Fire system questions
« on: May 30, 2013, 12:19:26 PM »
Ok, the rule book states that all cars 0-200mph must have minimum of 10 lbs of fire system, with a minimum of 5lbs on the driver and 5lbs for the engine.  So for instance if a guy had a ten pound bottle, can we use that ten pound for the engine and the driver?  I also have a firecharger fire system that I am told isn't legal for the driver, but was curious if I could use it for the engine, and keep all 10lbs of the halon on the driver?

Here is the firecharger kit.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Firecharger-Fire-Suppression-System-Legends-Modified-IMCA-WISSOTA-Late-Model-/330929401993?pt=Race_Car_Parts&hash=item4d0cedf089&vxp=mtr

Offline Dynoroom

• Global Moderator
Re: Fire system questions
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2013, 01:31:05 PM »
Yes, you can have 10 pounds be "split" between the driver and the engine. Remember the SCTA rule book lists the minimum requirments. If you want to add a non-spec fire bottle that is up to you as long as you meet the minimums.

Don't over look the fact the the fire bottle needs to contain 10 pounds of "agent", so the bottles total weight should be over 10 lbs.
Michael LeFevers
Kugel and LeFevers Pontiac Firebird

Without Data You're Just Another Guy With An Opinion!

Racing is just a series of "Problem Solving" events that allow you to spend money & make noise...