Author Topic: Fundraising idea for Land Racing . Com  (Read 80972 times)

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
Re: Fundraising idea for Land Racing . Com
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2013, 08:42:57 PM »
Jon, I think it's slow with everyone thrashing on their vehicles, even the e-mail is slow and face book is full of junk and sob stories and a lot of junk. I think it might pick up, tomorrow on the chat line I will bring it up. :cheers:
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2013, 08:49:44 PM »
Thanks for that, Glen.  I know it's getting close to being almost too late - the thrashing season is just about on us.  I really need to start working on stuff for SpeedWeek.  Pretty soon, that is. 8-)
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2013, 10:04:29 AM »
Well, well -- a nice bit of news that'll help, I hope, in getting some more "contestants" for the drawing for the AN-series wrenches.  bob, our web elf, has offered to donate some time to put notice of the drawing on the home page of the forum - and maybe the home page of the site, too.  We're hoping to help Bill get some more eyeballs to see his stuff, and hoping to get more folks to pony up their $5 to have a chance to win the wrenches.  Thanks, Bob.  We've got at least 13 entries so far - - thirteen and counting ever higher. :-D
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline wheelrdealer

• D/CBGALT
    • WHEELRDEALER RACING
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2013, 11:26:07 AM »
Great news. Bob does great work.

It would be great to let more people know. We guarantee the winner won't be disappointed with the wrenches.

We love landracing.com and are happy to do what we can to help.

BR

ECTA    Maxton D/CGALT  Record Holder 167.522
ECTA    Maxton D/CBGALT Record Holder 166.715

WWW.WHEELRDEALER2100.COM

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2013, 11:43:34 AM »
Hey!  I thought you promised to be off-line all week so we could say anything we wanted to say about you.  No fair peeking! :evil:
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline wheelrdealer

• D/CBGALT
    • WHEELRDEALER RACING
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2013, 11:55:10 AM »
Jon:

Only because the hotel in Calgary has free wifi. I am too cheap to pony up of an AT&T roaming data plan.
I will be off line the rest of the day so say what needs to be said. Trouble is, it's all been said before! :)

BR

WWW.WHEELRDEALER2100.COM

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2013, 01:23:19 PM »
Welcome to Calgary Bill!  :-D :-D :-D

Pete

Offline wheelrdealer

• D/CBGALT
    • WHEELRDEALER RACING
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2013, 02:25:44 PM »
Thank you, great weather yesterday and today. I am stuck in meetings all day so i don't get to enjoy your fine city. I fly out early tomorrow.

Welcome to Calgary Bill!  :-D :-D :-D

Pete

WWW.WHEELRDEALER2100.COM

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2013, 01:48:51 PM »
I've been stuck here engraving coffee cups for a couple of days -- and haven't had a chancve to acknowledge the recent entries to the wrench contest.  There've been at least a half-dozen, and when things slow down tonight (I hope) I'll get notes off to all of you that your Paypal entry thingie has arrived.  Except you, Hooley -- your note has shown up and I'll send a note back to you later on.  As for the rest of you that did enter - thanks. For those of you that didn't -- why not?

There -- that's about it for now.  Oh, yeah -- we didn't spend 100% of yesterday engraving.  The local Blues Society held a gathering to announce the bands that'll be here for the Labor Day weekend Blues Festival and we just had to go to that, and then one band we've heard before - that'll be at the Festival - was playing at a local watering joint.  I could've gone home without hearing them, but Nancy insisted.  Local guys -- Travis Swanson and the Nightriders.  Decent -- and better yet, free.  But tonight it'll be thank you, thank you, and thank YOU.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2013, 08:28:53 PM »
Hey - I'm here.  Nancy fed us a nice supper grilled out in the back porch, and now I've got time to let you know that I've sent thank you notes to all of the entrants (I think I've got 'em all), and the count is now - - 30.  Wow.  Thanks, thank you, a ten queue, a ten queue (as Lawrence Welk might have said). 

There, Bill -- I hope you're pleased to see that your early hoped-for number of entrants has been attained.  Now - how you gonna keep 'em entering?  There's still plenty of time -- one more week.  The rules are still the same - you send the site $5/chance you want to get the nice set of AN wrenches that Bill/Wheelrdealer is offering as a prize.  He sells AN fittings and these wrenches and this is his way of letting you folks out there in internetland see some of his product online - and one of you will see it in person.  He's donating the wrenches and the shipping costs.

Final note:  If you'd like to promote something you make or do - that is worth enough to make paying $5 a chance to try to get one awarded to you - - get in touch with me and maybe we'll do your thermothrackles next.  Thanks to one and all.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2013, 08:37:34 PM »
Jon, I think if there was something on the web cover page about the contest it would get more interest--lookie loos
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline wheelrdealer

• D/CBGALT
    • WHEELRDEALER RACING
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2013, 11:10:52 PM »
Jon, exactly I hope this turns out to an idea that you can use from time to time to generate some funding and highlight someones product.

Thanks to everyone that donated. Still a week to go.

BR

Hey - I'm here.  Nancy fed us a nice supper grilled out in the back porch, and now I've got time to let you know that I've sent thank you notes to all of the entrants (I think I've got 'em all), and the count is now - - 30.  Wow.  Thanks, thank you, a ten queue, a ten queue (as Lawrence Welk might have said). 

There, Bill -- I hope you're pleased to see that your early hoped-for number of entrants has been attained.  Now - how you gonna keep 'em entering?  There's still plenty of time -- one more week.  The rules are still the same - you send the site $5/chance you want to get the nice set of AN wrenches that Bill/Wheelrdealer is offering as a prize.  He sells AN fittings and these wrenches and this is his way of letting you folks out there in internetland see some of his product online - and one of you will see it in person.  He's donating the wrenches and the shipping costs.

Final note:  If you'd like to promote something you make or do - that is worth enough to make paying $5 a chance to try to get one awarded to you - - get in touch with me and maybe we'll do your thermothrackles next.  Thanks to one and all.

WWW.WHEELRDEALER2100.COM

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2013, 12:04:12 AM »
So if we didn't get at note our entry was lost in paypal? or SSS Co.  :cry:
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline Jon

« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2013, 02:09:27 AM »
So if we didn't get at note our entry was lost in paypal? or SSS Co.  :cry:
Same here.
Underhouse Engineering
Luck = Opportunity + Preparation^3

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2013, 09:29:28 AM »
No - you've just fallen for my attempt to find out which names I've missed.  Now I'll call Western Onion and ask them to check with JP Morgan (that's John Peapot Morgan) where we're keeping the list -- and find said names.

Having said all of that -- both Jon and Stainless are on the list I'm keeping, so I guess I'm remiss in sending acknowledgements.  Thanks for speaking up.  Yup -- you're both on the list.  Stainless way back there, kinda near the beginning, and Jon B and Jon B. a day or so later than SS.  Thanks, gentlemen.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com