Author Topic: Camping  (Read 1632 times)

Offline Chris08Bus

• The most fun you can have with your pants on!
Camping
« on: May 18, 2013, 08:30:20 PM »
Does anyone know if there's any decent RV campgrounds within a short drive of the runway?  We're renting an RV to camp out with for the weekend in July and we'd need a place to get fresh water and dump the black water.  Thanks.

Offline blackslax

• Loring Timing Association
Re: Camping
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2013, 10:03:27 PM »
The camping area at the race does not have facilities but the porto pottie guy will pump you for $20.  there is also water available at the hanger, but ther are no hookups or electric.
Tim Kelly
Race Director - LTA
www.loringtiming.com
People dont see the world the way things are, They see the world the way they are.

Jessechop

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2013, 07:02:16 AM »
Trafton Lake in Limestone has 30 or so full hookup sites. Many get rented out for the season, but give them a call and see what they say. Trafton is about 4 miles from the track I am guessing

Other than that, there is a campground in Presque Isle with full hook up, ands thats about it... I think...

Offline Chris08Bus

• The most fun you can have with your pants on!
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2013, 11:37:07 AM »
Thanks for the advice guys.  I just made a reservation at Trafton Lake Campground and now there are only two spots remaining for RVs.  I was told that if necessary, weekend reservations for racing can be cancelled if they can fill the spots for seasonal rentals.  I guess the locals like to park their RVs out there for the entire summer.