Author Topic: 130mph class tire and wheel questions  (Read 3215 times)

Offline dano

• New folks
130mph class tire and wheel questions
« on: May 13, 2013, 11:51:42 AM »
Hello salt fans!  I have a question regarding wheels I'd like to use on a 130mph class car.  The wheels are forged aluminum front runners, but are factory dual pattern ford/chev (10 holes, not unilug).  Would there be any question of passing tech with dual pattern wheels like this being used front and rear?

Secondly, would there be any issue passing tech using Goodyear Eagle drag front tires on the front and the rear for this class?  

thanks all.

Offline RichFox

Re: 130mph class tire and wheel questions
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2013, 12:33:18 PM »
I would think your good to go. But the USFRA would be the finial say. Their web page is linked to this site.

Offline jimmy six

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2013, 03:53:23 PM »
I ran that style of Centerlines years ago up at 150 on my 40 Chev and was never questioned. Today some things are different and if I were to do it again I would make a 1/4" plate with just the 5 holes I was going to use. This actually "evens" the load over the entire hub area. As said before Since the 130 club is a function of the USFRA I would contact them ask their 130 guy/gal for an OK.......Good Luck
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

Offline dano

• New folks
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2013, 12:10:09 PM »
Thanks for the replies.  I've sent an email to the only address I could find on the USFRA website and have not heard back yet.  I figured I would post here and see if a tech inspector or past 130 class participant had some feedback.  Would hate to get all the way out there and get turned away over the wheels/tires when it could be fixed now.  If I hear back from USFRA I'll post here with what they say.

Offline dano

• New folks
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2013, 12:17:02 PM »
Well no sooner than I posted the above response, I get an email back from the USFRA with a thumbs up.   :-)  One more item to check off the list, now on to getting a driveshaft loop installed.  Thanks all!