Author Topic: Brunskilltown Bullet  (Read 99550 times)

Offline Frankie7799

Re: Brunskilltown Bullet
« Reply #135 on: February 16, 2016, 06:51:12 PM »
Havent checked in on this in a while, that's a bitchin looking piece. Congrats

Offline DLRA#363

« Reply #136 on: February 17, 2016, 03:31:16 AM »
I never did understand why Castlemain 4X came out of Brizzy. Coopers was my choice when I live in Oz but it started turning me into a fat guy. :roll: Moving to the US might have saved me.
There's a lot of people up here wishing we had the salt that you have, me included. I was an early DLRA member before Gairdner was active & moved up here for Bonneville. Now I might be on the wrong end of the world again. :-(
  Sid.
Sid, I live in South Australia and my local is Coopers Pale.
Les Davenport is coming across to scope out the lake next weekend and check out our event and if he likes what he will see, the plan is to ship the big streamliner out here for 2017 and beyond. :-)
They see this as their best shot at the 500+ wheel driven record.

Best you start packing up and get down here to help Bob Ellis herd his flock :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline kiwi belly tank

« Reply #137 on: February 17, 2016, 11:53:06 AM »
Nothing is smoother than a Coopers! :-D
I'm in the same class, AA/BFS & I'm trying to work out how I can be there in 17 but I have really shallow pockets. Might have to sell a kidney or some other useful organ, they're gunna take them for free eventually! Now....could I go 500 with one eye? :?
This lakester is obviously not your first rodeo so to speak, where did you hone your skills?
  Sid.

Offline DLRA#363

« Reply #138 on: February 18, 2016, 03:42:34 AM »

This lakester is obviously not your first rodeo so to speak, where did you hone your skills?
  Sid.

Engineering trade background & work as a self employed Project Engineer (on the verge of retirement).
Love the early Hemi engines and my own street rod is a '28 Chrysler with a 331 + 727 & Frankland QC.

Have built a few high end street rods for others but can't be stuffed doing any these days.

Offline kiwi belly tank

« Reply #139 on: February 19, 2016, 11:15:30 PM »
A black street rod in Australia's heat takes dedication. If you were in Castlemain back in 82 for the 50th Anniversary you might remember my hammered black 32 5-window hiboy. There was a feature article done with Ray Charlton's roadster back then too. I road tripped it from Sydney while all the other pussies put their stuff on the train.
I still have a couple of little hemi's in the shed here, a 276 Desoto & a 270 Super Red Ram. I sold off the 54 & 92 stuff.
  Sid.

Offline DLRA#363

« Reply #140 on: March 08, 2016, 04:58:35 AM »
"Got this close Chief"

Offline DLRA#363

« Reply #141 on: March 08, 2016, 05:10:11 AM »
When you work toward the ultimate goal, many things seem to slip under the radar.
I made the call a week out from our 2016 event that we were 90% ready to go.
What a load of crap!!!
Ran the engine on alcohol and all was sweet.
Things like servicing and handling the car on the salt were way left of field!!
Next year we will ROCK!

Offline tauruck

« Reply #142 on: March 08, 2016, 06:05:01 AM »
You already ROCK!!!! :cheers:
What an awesome build. You inspire me and probably hundreds of others.
I liked this build from day one and I wasn't wrong. :wink:

That's a winner.

Mike.

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #143 on: March 08, 2016, 09:23:35 AM »
That is a really nice piece of work. Well done. Next year will be awesome!  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
I hope after you ran the engine on alcohol you purged the fuel system with gasoline. Many of us who have run alcohol have found out the hard way that if alcohol is left in the system it reacts with some of the parts to form a white grunge that all has to be removed before the engine can be run again.  :| :| :|

Pete

Offline tauruck

« Reply #144 on: March 08, 2016, 09:35:27 AM »
Yup, Pete Alcohol chows stuff. :cheers:

Offline kiwi belly tank

« Reply #145 on: March 08, 2016, 11:02:16 AM »
That sucks Mate, I'm sure I wasn't the only one waiting to hear how it went. Infrastructure is a big part of the package with LSR & not just the logistics of getting all your $hit there. A small consolation at this point in time, but the car looks really good.
  Sid. 

Offline DLRA#363

« Reply #146 on: May 29, 2016, 03:25:16 AM »
Been some time since posting but the work has continued steadily.
Spent a few days with Les Davenport who flew out here to check out our salt and also look into the logistics of bringing the big streamliner out here to have a crack at the magic 500 MPH barrier. Could be some very exciting times ahead for land speed racing downunder :-) :-)

I have set up a dual quad induction in order to sort out the engine & drive line on gasoline and this will also be used should we decide to run normally aspirated.

Now that I am happy with the engine and transmission a new Enderle Bug Catcher has been installed as the other hat was a copy that did not have a good butterfly set up.

Smaller nozzles (6AS) for gas have been purchased and running an new 80A pump with a pump sizer set up should work hopefully!

Offline ggl205

• G/FL 218.282 since 1995. G/FL record since 1993.
« Reply #147 on: May 29, 2016, 09:18:51 AM »
"Sid, I live in South Australia and my local is Coopers Pale.
Les Davenport is coming across to scope out the lake next weekend and check out our event and if he likes what he will see, the plan is to ship the big streamliner out here for 2017 and beyond. :-)
They see this as their best shot at the 500+ wheel driven record."

Back in 1995 when five US teams came to Lake Gairdner, SCTA/BNI officials were present. At a drivers meeting, SCTA officials notified us that any record speeds would not be recognized by SCTA because Gairdner was at or near sea level. Unless SCTA has changed their collective mind over the past 20+ years, FIA may be the only sanctioning body besides DLRA, to recognize the achievement.

John

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #148 on: May 29, 2016, 09:33:16 AM »
John, I think for Marlo and crew it is about getting there, not whose record it is, time  is not on their side.... first is first, fastest is fastest whenever and wherever it happens.
 :cheers:
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline ggl205

• G/FL 218.282 since 1995. G/FL record since 1993.
« Reply #149 on: May 29, 2016, 09:45:06 AM »
John, I think for Marlo and crew it is about getting there, not whose record it is, time  is not on their side.... first is first, fastest is fastest whenever and wherever it happens.
 :cheers:

Rob, for all that effort, if a record is set, it would be nice to have official recognition for same. FIA will come to the event if requested and fees paid and will record the record.  I only brought it up because if there was some de facto thought that SCTA will recognize a record at Gairdner, they may not.

John