Author Topic: Record setting iron head for sale.  (Read 8829 times)

Offline pappy

• New folks
Record setting iron head for sale.
« on: May 02, 2013, 09:14:54 PM »
SCTA Record setting iron head fueler for sale.  1968 Sportster.  Had also set drag bike records in 1970's with Ron Dicky of Trock and Dan Baisley.  Hillborn injection, Morris mag, Baisley heads, Chapman frame, Kosman swing arm, etc.  A classic.  I disassembled for engine rebuild then got off on other project.  $3K  Call pappy at 360 813 5430.

Offline 38flattie

• http://www.flatcadracing.org/
Re: Record setting iron head for sale.
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2013, 09:19:36 PM »
When, and in what class did it set SCTA records?

Can you please send pics and more details to.baharley4me@aol.com ?
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a good idea. It is hard to be sure where they are going to land, and it could be dangerous sitting under them as they fly overhead. -- RFC 1925

You can't make a race horse out of a pig. But if you work hard enough at it you can make a mighty fast pig. - Bob Akin

http://www.flatcadracing.org/
http://youtu.be/89rVb497_4c

Offline pappy

• New folks
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2013, 09:30:25 PM »
There is a pic attached, for some reason you have to click on the paper clip thing before it will open up.  Last record was 2001, SCTA, 169mph, 1650 APF.  It had several others before that.

Offline kiwi belly tank

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2013, 11:41:38 PM »
Paper clip thingy works. :-D
  Sid/

Offline pappy

• New folks
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2013, 04:44:48 PM »
More details:  Ceriani front end, 18 inch Sun rim with spool hub, Dunlop slick.  Rear has Star caliper and disk brake, and a 15 inch rim with Goodyear tire, and there is also an 18 inch rear rim that can be used.  Four speed close ratio tranny, dry clutch.  3 5/8 bore, 90 some cubic inches.  Sifton cams, modified rocker arms. 

Offline o1marc

• New folks
    • Creative Candy Powder Coating
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2013, 12:00:47 AM »
The 1650 A/PF record is now over 195mph.

Offline 55chevr

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2013, 09:17:02 PM »
Iron heads are tough to get the speeds that an Evo Sportster can deliver.  This is a really nice bike and could be converted easily to an Evo.  I have done it. The front end is just about worth the price asked.
Joe

Offline o1marc

• New folks
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2013, 09:31:23 PM »
Iron heads are tough to get the speeds that an Evo Sportster can deliver.  This is a really nice bike and could be converted easily to an Evo.  I have done it. The front end is just about worth the price asked.
Joe
Not really. That's not the desirable Ceriani front end. Those can be had on Ebay for $300-$500, certainly not worth $3K. Those are the MX forks, not the good road race ones. If you think they are worth $3k then buy these for 1/10th the price:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-CERIANI-35mm-MOTOCROSS-MX-FRONT-FORKS-Triumph-BSA-Matchless-Norton-Ariel-/230979613729?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item35c7753421&vxp=mtr
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 09:36:10 PM by o1marc »

Offline 55chevr

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2013, 06:55:40 AM »
Apparently you missed the point.  This is a classic record holding race bike.  It is history and while it could be raced,  I see it as collectible more then a race machine.   There are a lot better forks available cheap from modern sport bikes that I would use instead of the Ceriani that I used on a drag bike 40 years ago.  A nostalgic piece for a classic revival bike.

Joe

Offline o1marc

• New folks
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2013, 10:28:46 AM »
I agree it is a collectible piece. My only disagreement was your statement of the forks alone being worth the asking price. Those forks are not worth as much as the Roadrace or GP Ceriani's from the same era. I have GP forks and they are rare and valuable but not worth $3K. I think the bike is a steal at $3k.

Offline pappy

• New folks
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2013, 01:53:35 PM »
A guy in Australia bought it.  He collects, restores and rides old iron head racers.  Sorry to see it go so far away, but I think it is a good home.